Olympics

3forLin

Rookie
I read recently that the USA is considering not using NBA players in the next summer games. Is there any truth to that?

Sage

Rotation player
I read recently that the USA is considering not using NBA players in the next summer games. Is there any truth to that?

The suggestion is that it becomes an under 23 competition in order to make the teams more even. However the only country that gives an advantage to is the US.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2012 USA Olympic Team did show us the top (1 to 12) complimentary superstar players on the USA team .. superstars that make their teammates performance outstanding ....

CP3 ranks #1
2) Lebron # 2
3) Deron # 3
4) Kobe # 4
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) Harden
11) Melo
12) Love

Having 4 high IQ great passing superstars who outstanding help-defense keeps them in the top-10 high-scoring racket makes the rest of the roster an above outstanding team .. ELITE.

Kiyaman

Legend

It all depends .. the majority of college players do not want to catch a serious injury vs other countries professional players just for status.

Being a 7th pick in the draft with the oportunity to play on the USA team is all good .. if the NBA team that selected u signs u before the olympic games start.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
The suggestion is that it becomes an under 23 competition in order to make the teams more even. However the only country that gives an advantage to is the US.

I don't think it was for a way to make the teams even, but more to drive enthusiam into the World Championships which happen every even non Olympic year....They wanted to put more interest in that then the Olympics. This is similar to FIFA's soccer rules, where there's an age limit for the soccer event, but not for the World Cup.