Knicks sign... Chris Smith???

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
358612.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We sign JR Smith's brother as a thank you, but we burn Patrick Ewing Jr. Whilst in rebuild mode, nonetheless.

p0nder

Starter
PE jr. wasn't burned and his invite to the camp/SL teams was as much of a tounge in cheek ty to Ewing Sr. as this is to Junior Swish.

PEjr. is a great guy and a good player but he's no better then Chris Smith.

Yeah I think we all need to step off the ledge here. Clearly this move had more to do with doing JR a favor than the true potential management sees in Chris Smith. Having said that, I liked what I saw from Chris in college and the sample size in Vegas was too small for me to judge whether or not he can be at least an end of the bench guy in the NBA. Odds are he won't be on the roster at the start of the season, but another body in training camp doesn't hurt us at all.

metrocard

Legend
I lived next door to this guy @ Manhattan College. I was his RA.

Laziest athlete I ever met in my life and could not hold a conversation down without turning you profoundly retarded. Not a bright kid and took the easy way out of everything.

6"2 Jamal Crawford without the passing or shooting skills. Horrible defender and reading plays. Just steps on the court to chuck up jumpshots.

Don't know why the Knicks signed him or even invited him to the summerleague. About 200 players I can name right now that would make more sense to sign for training camp.

Stephon Marbury's brother > JR' Smith's brother.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Laziest athlete I ever met in my life and could not hold a conversation down without turning you profoundly retarded. Not a bright kid and took the easy way out of everything.

6"2 Jamal Crawford without the passing or shooting skills. Horrible defender and reading plays. Just steps on the court to chuck up jumpshots.

Don't know why the Knicks signed him or even invited him to the summerleague. About 200 players I can name right now that would make more sense to sign for training camp.

This is quite the information.

CoolClyde

i'd rather the Knicks signed Metrocard just for the insight.

Chrish Swish = thugbro

kinein

Benchwarmer
I'll go with Metrocard that actually lived next door and was his RA. :thumbsup:

STAT1

Starter
You guys are making way too big of a deal out of something that shouldn't be taken seriously. Guys get signed to the training camp roster all the time. We've done it with Patrick Ewing Jr. like 4 times now. Doesn't mean he'll make the team. Calm down

Not sure how valid this is, but Rotoworld is reporting that Chris Smith will likely be on the roster & that his contract is for 2 years & partially guaranteed:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2038/chris-smith

Updating a previous item, Chris Smith's contract with the Knicks is for two years and is partially guaranteed.
Not only did the team give J.R.'s brother a two-year deal, they also gave him one that is partially guaranteed. According to beat writer Al Iannazzone, there is a "good shot" that Smith will be on the roster when the season begins. Smith did not start a single summer league game and shot under 30 percent during his audition. We think it's fair to say that some eyebrows should be raised here, but we can't say it surprises us at all. Aug 2 - 9:32 AM

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
He comes on to the court doesn't play defense. Like zero interest, every game consistently. It's amazing to have witness someone so disinterested on defense LIVE. The guy showned no emotion or involvement in man to man or the zone defense.

His only strength is driving to the basket (thunderous dunks).

Horrible lay up guy...Keith Bogans/DeShawn Stevenson level on terms of being so bad at finishing lay ups.

Chris Smith is very athletic (I don't know how since he's never in the gym and if he's in the gym it's to listen to music and goof around), a natural athlete.

It may be a very horrible scouting report; but keep in mind I was cool with Chris @ MC; we had lunch together and he could of got in trouble a lot of times @ with the Student Life department but I saved his ass easy 3 times.

Someone with so much talent but yet very little responsibility; it amazes me that this dude is a lot of more successful than me just within the span of 3 years. Shout out to him for making it, I ain't mad at him, I'm mad at me.

I HAVE a lot of work to do here...lol.

Maybe Chris can get me some tickets to the game.

CoolClyde

^hah! def hit him up! "i saved your ass 3x, how 'bout some tix?"

don't feel bad, metro, if JR wasn't his brother, he wouldn't be anywhere.
sounds like he's partially guaranteed to be a d-leaguer in the near future, if he's lucky.
soon as grunwaldo gets Amundson or Birdman on the roster, Chrish Swish is first to go.