View Poll Results: Better center: Chandler or Camby?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chandler

    21 80.77%
  • Camby

    5 19.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Who do you think is the better center: Chandler or Camby?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Who do you think is the better center: Chandler or Camby?

    Not who you think should be the starting center, that's obvious, who do you think is better?

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    At this stage in their careers, Chandler easily

  3. #3
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    In their primes Camby

    He could cover ground, hit the open jumper, catch lobs, block shots, rebound all that

    Chandler at his best is mainly just a defensive anchor, no real offensive game but he does hit his FT's which I like

  4. #4
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default


  5. #5
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    As in right now?

  6. #6

    Default

    Please tell me this is not a serious question.

  7. #7
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I'm afraid he might be

  8. #8
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    The way i see it is

    RIGHT NOW --- Chandler is the better Center currently

    RETIRED STAGES --- When their both retired and you want to look back and say who was the better center Overall through out each of their careers, I'd have to go with Marcus Camby here.

  9. #9
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    In their primes Camby

    He could cover ground, hit the open jumper, catch lobs, block shots, rebound all that

    Chandler at his best is mainly just a defensive anchor, no real offensive game but he does hit his FT's which I like
    Perfect summary!

    Camby was quite versatile in his 20's, Chandler is freaking one-dimensional.

    Defensively he's right up there with the best, but the guy got no offense, even on team USA he's by far the worst player on offense. To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

    Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.

  10. #10
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.
    I'm almost certain the olympic committee selected TC for more than playing defense against Spain. That's a silly notion. Howard and Bynum weren't going to play and TC is one of the best centers in the NBA (plus a champion). He also just came off a DPOY, so to marginalize his selection like that is kind of ridiculous.

    Also, no way has Davis ever looked better than TC for team usa.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

    Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and
    Not according to Dime Magazine who rated the 25 most overpaid players in the NBA. Chandler didn't make the list but Stat was number 10 and Brook Lopez, Asik, Okafer and Biedrins are also are on that list.

    Chandler rebounds, plays D, is a high percentage scorer and provides those intangibles like leadership and toughness. Cuban screwed up by not offering him a multi year deal and the Knicks are fortunate to get him.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  12. #12
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Perfect summary!

    Camby was quite versatile in his 20's, Chandler is freaking one-dimensional.

    Defensively he's right up there with the best, but the guy got no offense, even on team USA he's by far the worst player on offense. To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

    Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.
    This guy ANCHORS us defensively, no way we did not overpay him. Along with the fact that he brings veteran championship experience and also team leadership among a bunch of immature babies( Amare, Melo, JR). Imagine the opponents points scored, defensive rebounding numbers without him. Imagine our ORB numbers without him(non existant). He also has great percentage of course and is a great roller and also great screener both on and off the ball.

    So no..We didn't overpay TC

  13. #13
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    This guy ANCHORS us defensively, no way we did not overpay him. Along with the fact that he brings veteran championship experience and also team leadership among a bunch of immature babies( Amare, Melo, JR). Imagine the opponents points scored, defensive rebounding numbers without him. Imagine our ORB numbers without him(non existant). He also has great percentage of course and is a great roller and also great screener both on and off the ball.

    So no..We didn't overpay TC
    This, it's not just his stats that he bring to the team. The amount of shots he alters or players don't take because of his presence is off the charts. Plus when you compare his contract to what the rest of the C's around the league get (DJ, Hibbert, Asik, Lopez) he is pretty solid value.

  14. #14
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    At this stage in their careers, Chandler easily
    This is the most logical answer so far. Although I will say that Camby even at his current age is a better overall rebounder than TC.

  15. #15
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This is the most logical answer so far. Although I will say that Camby even at his current age is a better overall rebounder than TC.
    thats where Tyson is underrated, and its his weakness at the same time.

    Tyson doesnt rebound. now understand I dont mean what you think.

    he has this whiplash where he flips the ball away from the basket out to the 3 line for his teammates to grab,it helps alot *the Melo 3 vs the Bulls Tyson kept tipping it out* but its also a weakness because he nevers secures the rebound

Similar Threads

  1. Hollinger, of all people, backs Tyson for DPOY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr 14, 2012, 21:26
  2. The Official Wilson Chandler is Overrated Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2010, 01:40
  3. Why Not Lee for Camby?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2010, 23:17
  4. Possibility of Bringing Camby Back!
    By NYKnuniversity in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2010, 14:55
  5. Daily News: Thomas the true Center
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2007, 02:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •