View Poll Results: Better center: Chandler or Camby?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chandler

21 80.77%
  • Camby

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the better center: Chandler or Camby?

Originally Posted by CA7
    In their primes Camby

He could cover ground, hit the open jumper, catch lobs, block shots, rebound all that

Chandler at his best is mainly just a defensive anchor, no real offensive game but he does hit his FT's which I like
    Perfect summary!

Camby was quite versatile in his 20's, Chandler is freaking one-dimensional.

Defensively he's right up there with the best, but the guy got no offense, even on team USA he's by far the worst player on offense. To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.
    He's the first ever defensive player of the year for this franchise. What he did for Dallas and what he does here, I think he's worth the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superstar

In terms of defense in their primes,

Chandler is definitely better one v one on staying with his man and making things very difficult even without blocking the shot.

Camby is more of a drifter. His one on one defense was always considered sub-par by coaches because he's so interested in just blocking shots. However, his weak side help is off the charts because of this.

In offense?

Camby is definitely more versatile, but Chandler takes much much better shots which is reflected in their percentages.

My personal opinion? Camby is more talented, Chandler is the smarter player.... Not sure which you'd rather have.

Originally Posted by iJoe

Chandler is definitely better one v one on staying with his man and making things very difficult even without blocking the shot.

Camby is more of a drifter. His one on one defense was always considered sub-par by coaches because he's so interested in just blocking shots. However, his weak side help is off the charts because of this.

In offense?

Camby is definitely more versatile, but Chandler takes much much better shots which is reflected in their percentages.

My personal opinion? Camby is more talented, Chandler is the smarter player.... Not sure which you'd rather have.
    Couldn't of said it better myself... and I'd rather have both... oh wait, we do!

Right now, Chandler. Unquestionably.

DPOY. Where to go from there?

As defensive 5s, there are disparities between their approach.

Ultimately, I think the worth of either boils down to their mental toughness, as the playoffs are when that edge comes under the most scrutiny. Chandler is untouchable by comparison.

For this team, if you wanna know who's better, make the choice of losing one and keeping the other. Same result all round, every time.

The question isn't who's better, it's how effective they'll be in their roles this year (Camby the only question mark, IMO), and how exciting they'll be together when the chance arises.

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    tyson volleys the ball backout. he seems to do it with precision. i always wonder if that counts as a rebound.
    I'm pretty sure it's considered a team rebound.

The precision stems from being the only reliable man on the offensive glass all season, basically. Amar'e's, in a way, helped him out in that sense.

To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.
    I'm almost certain the olympic committee selected TC for more than playing defense against Spain. That's a silly notion. Howard and Bynum weren't going to play and TC is one of the best centers in the NBA (plus a champion). He also just came off a DPOY, so to marginalize his selection like that is kind of ridiculous.

Also, no way has Davis ever looked better than TC for team usa.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    thats where Tyson is underrated, and its his weakness at the same time.

Tyson doesnt rebound. now understand I dont mean what you think.

he has this whiplash where he flips the ball away from the basket out to the 3 line for his teammates to grab,it helps alot *the Melo 3 vs the Bulls Tyson kept tipping it out* but its also a weakness because he nevers secures the rebound
    I don't think its a weakness at all. He does it intentionally when he doesn't have a clear grab for the ball. I'd say its very good awareness.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I don't think its a weakness at all. He does it intentionally when he doesn't have a clear grab for the ball. I'd say its very good awareness.
    Oh I know, im just saying sometimes it doesnt go to our guys

Originally Posted by iJoe

In offense?

I almost completely agree with this post

One on One Low post Defense = Chandler

Help Defense = Camby

Rebounding = Camby

Shot Blocking = Camby

On Offense...

At this point the only thing Camby does good on offense is get offensive rebounds and hes a good passer...

Chandler is the better offensive player off the strength of how many dunks he gets.

The only thing i really disagree with is Chandler being the smarter player, Im not really convinced either one is smarter then the other

F*ck it, we have both

Thumbs up

F*ck it, we have both

F*ck it, we have both
    hahaha

Now if only we get Birdman.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Veteran

Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and
    Not according to Dime Magazine who rated the 25 most overpaid players in the NBA. Chandler didn't make the list but Stat was number 10 and Brook Lopez, Asik, Okafer and Biedrins are also are on that list.

Chandler rebounds, plays D, is a high percentage scorer and provides those intangibles like leadership and toughness. Cuban screwed up by not offering him a multi year deal and the Knicks are fortunate to get him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Perfect summary!

Camby was quite versatile in his 20's, Chandler is freaking one-dimensional.

Defensively he's right up there with the best, but the guy got no offense, even on team USA he's by far the worst player on offense. To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

This guy ANCHORS us defensively, no way we did not overpay him. Along with the fact that he brings veteran championship experience and also team leadership among a bunch of immature babies( Amare, Melo, JR). Imagine the opponents points scored, defensive rebounding numbers without him. Imagine our ORB numbers without him(non existant). He also has great percentage of course and is a great roller and also great screener both on and off the ball.

So no..We didn't overpay TC