Who do you think is the better center: Chandler or Camby?

Better center: Chandler or Camby?

• Chandler

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Camby

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

CA7

Scoring Champ
In their primes Camby

He could cover ground, hit the open jumper, catch lobs, block shots, rebound all that

Chandler at his best is mainly just a defensive anchor, no real offensive game but he does hit his FT's which I like

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
72ff318b_NotSureIfSerious.jpeg

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This is the most logical answer so far. Although I will say that Camby even at his current age is a better overall rebounder than TC.
thats where Tyson is underrated, and its his weakness at the same time.

Tyson doesnt rebound. now understand I dont mean what you think.

he has this whiplash where he flips the ball away from the basket out to the 3 line for his teammates to grab,it helps alot *the Melo 3 vs the Bulls Tyson kept tipping it out* but its also a weakness because he nevers secures the rebound

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The way i see it is

RIGHT NOW --- Chandler is the better Center currently

RETIRED STAGES --- When their both retired and you want to look back and say who was the better center Overall through out each of their careers, I'd have to go with Marcus Camby here.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
tyson volleys the ball backout. he seems to do it with precision. i always wonder if that counts as a rebound.

camby is the better center. noboubt.
best season vs best season, camby's performance just dwarfs chandlers.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I love Cambyman and he is one hell of a player. At the same time, to my mind, Tyson is a beast with a presence on the court that Camby couldn't dream of exerting at any point in his career.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
tyson volleys the ball backout. he seems to do it with precision. i always wonder if that counts as a rebound.

Depends on the scorekeeper that night. Home or road.

I remember countless times where Kidd tips the ball to a teammate for a bunny. Kidd gets the board and an assist.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yes, I mean right now. I haven't watched a lot of him, but his numbers in his minutes last season is quite impressive, and not on a great team. Camby would knock someone out.

In their primes Camby

He could cover ground, hit the open jumper, catch lobs, block shots, rebound all that

Chandler at his best is mainly just a defensive anchor, no real offensive game but he does hit his FT's which I like

Perfect summary!

Camby was quite versatile in his 20's, Chandler is freaking one-dimensional.

Defensively he's right up there with the best, but the guy got no offense, even on team USA he's by far the worst player on offense. To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.

He's the first ever defensive player of the year for this franchise. What he did for Dallas and what he does here, I think he's worth the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iJoe

Rotation player
In terms of defense in their primes,

Chandler is definitely better one v one on staying with his man and making things very difficult even without blocking the shot.

Camby is more of a drifter. His one on one defense was always considered sub-par by coaches because he's so interested in just blocking shots. However, his weak side help is off the charts because of this.

In offense?

Camby is definitely more versatile, but Chandler takes much much better shots which is reflected in their percentages.

My personal opinion? Camby is more talented, Chandler is the smarter player.... Not sure which you'd rather have.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
In terms of defense in their primes,

Chandler is definitely better one v one on staying with his man and making things very difficult even without blocking the shot.

Camby is more of a drifter. His one on one defense was always considered sub-par by coaches because he's so interested in just blocking shots. However, his weak side help is off the charts because of this.

In offense?

Camby is definitely more versatile, but Chandler takes much much better shots which is reflected in their percentages.

My personal opinion? Camby is more talented, Chandler is the smarter player.... Not sure which you'd rather have.

Couldn't of said it better myself... and I'd rather have both... oh wait, we do! :thumbsup:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Right now, Chandler. Unquestionably.

DPOY. Where to go from there?

As defensive 5s, there are disparities between their approach.

Ultimately, I think the worth of either boils down to their mental toughness, as the playoffs are when that edge comes under the most scrutiny. Chandler is untouchable by comparison.

For this team, if you wanna know who's better, make the choice of losing one and keeping the other. Same result all round, every time.

The question isn't who's better, it's how effective they'll be in their roles this year (Camby the only question mark, IMO), and how exciting they'll be together when the chance arises.

I'm pretty sure it's considered a team rebound.

The precision stems from being the only reliable man on the offensive glass all season, basically. Amar'e's, in a way, helped him out in that sense.