View Poll Results: Who'd you prefer in O&B?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

22 75.86%
  • Lin

7 24.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melo: Linsanity Forged Selfish Reputation

Superstar

Jim. I'm no Lin fan. Nor am I in any way disappointed that he is no longer a Knick, but I think you're reading too much into any post relating to Lin. The Lin saga has obviously affected a significant part of the Knicks fan base and it's only natural that questions will be asked. This isn't a bad thing. It's summer, looks like our squad is more or less complete, and there's almost 3 months until we play our first game. Personally I'm done with Lin. Never thought he was (or will ever be) all that anyways. This doesn't mean I will not respect the fact that some people hold a different opinion to me, and that others-while not too disappointed he has gone- are trying to make some sense out of this. Point is you seem to be accusing anyone that posts something Lin related (which may not be of interest to you) of somehow attempting to divide the KO community, or having some other agenda. This isn't some sort of Lin backed conspiracy. It's a natural cycle of events that will occur in any social environment, where foundations have been shook. Let's not get all Gestapo on everyone.

I think Crazy 8's started this thread just to irk JimKC.
    when it comes to JLin, seems lotsa folks gots sands in tha vageen.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

Hahahahahaha!

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Winning changes everything. If we make the ECF this year and make a consistent showing of going deep in the playoffs the criticism will stop.
    The criticism will never stop until Melo leads the Knicks to a championship. He's in the same exact situation as A-Rod. It's a shame that such a great player needs to feel so denegrated by his own fanbase, but then so many Knicks fans have been doing this for so many years it's probably become a habit (or borderline obsession for some).

That said, I don't think Melo helps his own cause with the things he says sometimes to the media. Much like A-Rod he tends to put his foot in his mouth on a regular basis even when he's just being honest & telling it like it is. He needs to be more sensitive to the fact that feeding the haters with potentially controversial comments is never going to be a positive.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I don't think so u start this bogus thread when your squad is about to get popped good lol. You told me to check the votes so I am telling you the same. 13-1 MELO. I bet you are the one vote lol. I hope iso-MELO, fat, selfish and lazy has 50 against your boys lol

I'm going to have to question your ability to put thought ahead of emotion.

But to the haters don't they realize that this is a team game and we have assembled the most complete roster Melo has ever played with so far in his career. It's also funny with all the heat he gets I still see guys like Chandler and Kidd even maybe Camby being the real leaders but since Melo gets payed the big bucks he gets the Kunta Kinte treatment.

This is season 1 to me for this Melo era. If we dont make major strides now then I think you can justify his crucifixion(or Woodson's).

3 votes for Lin!? As much as I advocated paying the poison pill and staying true to bad contract form, Melo > Lin any day.

Veteran

I haven't voted, though I would vote for Lin, assuming two metrics are established alongside the poll:

*Salaries count

*Winning a championship in the next 5 years is the goal

I don't see how you can win a championship with Jeremy Lin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s

I'm going to have to question your ability to put thought ahead of emotion.
    Hahaha lol don't try to flip the script now....

Veteran

The funny part is, KO.COM really is the basketball bizarro world for real. I was talking to an old school Laker fan last night, telling about what goes on here and getting his opinion on things and he was amused. Literally the guy was starting and finishing my sentences. I tell him and show the posts about how MELO is crap and Lin is a GOD and he thought it was riduculous to get your panties in a bunch over a guy that can't even last through a shortened NBA season. That's why I don't take you basketball no-nothings to seriously on this board because because 95% of the opinions posted here are laughable by any true basketball fan. The old school Laker cat was literally like "What game are these guys watching????" To which I replied " I know I say the same thing all the time...."

Veteran

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

I think CRAZY started this thread because his boys are about to get handled easily by MELO and the DREAMTEAM tonight in the KNOCKOUT round. Back to the "Land Down Under" they go LOL

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    But to the haters don't they realize that this is a team game and we have assembled the most complete roster Melo has ever played with so far in his career. It's also funny with all the heat he gets I still see guys like Chandler and Kidd even maybe Camby being the real leaders but since Melo gets payed the big bucks he gets the Kunta Kinte treatment.

This is season 1 to me for this Melo era. If we dont make major strides now then I think you can justify his crucifixion(or Woodson's).
    Ohhh now watch out now with the "Kunta Kinta" reference lol. Crazy is going to hit you with an infraction like he did me for being "racist." We ain't allowed to talk like that around here didn't you know

Veteran

119-87 Dreamteam