Is Joe Johnson really on the level of Lebron James and Kevin Durant?

knicksin60

Starter
According to NBA.com he is. NBA.com's power ranking has him turning a team that had a total winning percentage of .333 last season into an elite power house in the Eastern Conference. And also has them finishing ahead of the Knicks.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerrankings/08/06/midsummer/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I knew that Joe Johnson was good but I wasn't aware that he was better than everyone on the Knicks' roster and that he was as good as Michael Jordan was in his prime. I wonder if the guy that gave Joe Johnson that massive contract a couple of years ago is incharge of doing these power rankings.

knicksin60

Starter
Either these people that come up with these things hate the Knicks or they think that Joe Johnson is going to turn Brook Lopez into a rebounding machine and a roster of scrubs and role players minus Deron Williams into a dream team.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Joe Johnson on his best day will not sniff Lebron's jock. If he did, ATL would have done so much better during his time down there. I mean he had more talent there than LBJ ever had in Cleveland.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Hey dudes. This is an NBA topic, so I've moved it in to the NBA section. Please go and check it out if you'd like to converse about anything NBA related that doesn't concern the Knicks at the capacity it should to be in the Knicks forum.

The NBA section could do with having some life breathed in to it, for sure.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
According to NBA.com he is. NBA.com's power ranking has him turning a team that had a total winning percentage of .333 last season into an elite power house in the Eastern Conference. And also has them finishing ahead of the Knicks.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerrankings/08/06/midsummer/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I knew that Joe Johnson was good but I wasn't aware that he was better than everyone on the Knicks' roster and that he was as good as Michael Jordan was in his prime. I wonder if the guy that gave Joe Johnson that massive contract a couple of years ago is incharge of doing these power rankings.

I agree that I don't see the Nets finishing ahead the Knicks but it is not just Joe Johnson they are adding. I think the assumption there is that a healthy Lopez and a full year of Wallace plus all there other minor signings collectively would put the Nets slightly ahead.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Take it with a grain of salt by putting them exactly one slot ahead of they are trying to say "There is a new team of NY"....Plus it looks like they are a Lin Supporter which instantly means whoever came up with the ranking is going to down grade us

Pre Season Power Rankings are a joke anyways, every year a team over achieves and every year a team underachieves.

Also its not just The Nets who we should be ranked higher, I'd take our team over Memphis both LA Teams and Indy and I really am not too convinced Boston is that much better than us!

The most humorous thing is that they mentioned Melo and Stat's chemistry without considering how neither Joe Johnson and Deron Williams nor Nash and Kobe have played a single NBA game together.

Please tell me a better bench than ours?

But I kinda like being slept on/hated it is going to give further gratification when we do start winning.

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Take it with a grain of salt by putting them exactly one slot ahead of they are trying to say "There is a new team of NY"....Plus it looks like they are a Lin Supporter which instantly means whoever came up with the ranking is going to down grade us

Pre Season Power Rankings are a joke anyways, every year a team over achieves and every year a team underachieves.

Also its not just The Nets who we should be ranked higher, I'd take our team over Memphis both LA Teams and Indy and I really am not too convinced Boston is that much better than us!

The most humorous thing is that they mentioned Melo and Stat's chemistry without considering how neither Joe Johnson and Deron Williams nor Nash and Kobe have played a single NBA game together.

Please tell me a better bench than ours?

But I kinda like being slept on/hated it is going to give further gratification when we do start winning.
umm let me think miami!

UD
Ray ray
Rashard lewis
shane battier
norris cole
Joel anthony
MMIller
You where saying!
and possible Kmartin!:teeth:

I want the heat to play it like this!
bulls first round
Boston second
Knicks ECF all the hype both team undefeated on the playoffs! NYC Market on fire! hype! Melo vs James showdown! Shump D vs Healthy wade! Healthy Bosh vs healthy amare! Ray allen draining three over novak! and brewer! Jr shoting the ball without hesitation! and Tyson chandler in foul trouble! :peace:

:teeth:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
umm let me think miami!

UD
Ray ray
Rashard lewis
shane battier
norris cole
Joel anthony
MMIller
You where saying!

bulls first round
Boston second
Knicks ECF all the hype both team undefeated on the playoffs! NYC Market on fire! hype! Melo vs James showdown! Shump D vs Healthy wade! Healthy Bosh vs healthy amare! Ray allen draining three over novak! and brewer! Jr shoting the ball without hesitation! and Tyson chandler in foul trouble! :peace:

Norris cole sucks, he was the most overrated rookie last year and why he made the rising stars game over shump i do not know, other than that their bench is only three point shooters. They have no versatility in their bench. Our bench is so well balanced its ridiculous. We have jr smith whose defense improved greatly and is an offensive threat, Jkidd who can hit the open three and facilitate and offense while giving us a good 15-20 min of solid D, stevie novak, who is a sniper behind the line, marcus camby, who statistically was the beat rebounder last season, ronnie brewer who is was one of the leaders in defensive efficiency. We got MOBB DEEP, i dont think any leads will be blown with that bench

New New York

Quiet Storm
umm let me think miami!

UD
Ray ray
Rashard lewis
shane battier
norris cole
Joel anthony
MMIller
You where saying!

bulls first round
Boston second

Ummm....Wrong!!!!!

Miami has a bench without a lot of known names but the balance sucks!

First off Joel Anthony is a starter not a player off the bench

Rashard Lewis was a horrible signing because they already have Shane Battier to back up Lebron....Battier is a better defender and has played much better than Lewis on the offensive end in the past 2 seasons.

Ray Allen and Mike Miller is tedious (which really makes Rahsard Lewis even more pointless of a pickup) at this point in Ray's career he is Mike Miller. They both can't backup Wade and again Shane Battier has the backup SF on lock!

Norris Cole is a nice backup PG, but I'd take Kidd as a backup any day!

Kidd
Smith
Brewer
Novak
Camby

This linuep would beat a few of the team's who finished in the lottery last year starting 5.

Seriously they would beat last Year's Wizards,Bobcats,Kings,Pistons,Hornets and Raptors.

Miami bench is good but not great.

Knicks=Best Bench in NBA!!!

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Norris cole sucks, he was the most overrated rookie last year and why he made the rising stars game over shump i do not know, other than that their bench is only three point shooters. They have no versatility in their bench. Our bench is so well balanced its ridiculous. We have jr smith whose defense improved greatly and is an offensive threat, Jkidd who can hit the open three and facilitate and offense while giving us a good 15-20 min of solid D, stevie novak, who is a sniper behind the line, marcus camby, who statistically was the beat rebounder last season, ronnie brewer who is was one of the leaders in defensive efficiency. We got MOBB DEEP, i dont think any leads will be blown with that bench
norris cole is better than lin! :barf:
check game 4 of nba finals miami down by 17!
his defense is great! and he rotate really well!

shump was hurt in the all star weekend and that why he didn't participate in the rising star and slam dunk contest!

In the knickers rosters there are only one player i wish miami had and that shumper! he is a best imagine him wade and lebron guarding in the perimeter! :boohoo:to other team!

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Ummm....Wrong!!!!!

Miami has a bench without a lot of known names but the balance sucks!

First off Joel Anthony is a starter not a player off the bench

Rashard Lewis was a horrible signing because they already have Shane Battier to back up Lebron....Battier is a better defender and has played much better than Lewis on the offensive end in the past 2 seasons.

Ray Allen and Mike Miller is tedious (which really makes Rahsard Lewis even more pointless of a pickup) at this point in Ray's career he is Mike Miller. They both can't backup Wade and again Shane Battier has the backup SF on lock!

Norris Cole is a nice backup PG, but I'd take Kidd as a backup any day!

Kidd
Smith
Brewer
Novak
Camby

This linuep would beat a few of the team's who finished in the lottery last year starting 5.

Seriously they would beat last Year's Wizards,Bobcats,Kings,Pistons,Hornets and Raptors.

Miami bench is good but not great.

Knicks=Best Bench in NBA!!!

heat will play tought d and need back up in every position and people that can switch to atleast 2 to 3 position and that why they sign rashard and he is a 3 point snipper! and think of this crunch time tight game 2 minutes to go! lebron james, chris bosh, ray allen, dwade and rashard lewis all on the court who your going to double! are you going to play zone or what! :teeth:

New New York

Quiet Storm
heat will play tought d and need back up in every position and people that can switch to atleast 2 to 3 position and that why they sign rashard and he is a 3 point snipper! and think of this crunch time tight game 2 minutes to go! lebron james, chris bosh, ray allen, dwade and rashard lewis all on the court who your going to double! are you going to play zone or what! :teeth:

Rashard Lewis shot .239 from 3 last year from 3 which is nearly identical to Chris Bosh's 3 pt numbers from last year! Again Battier is the backup SF for your team (I assume you're a Heat fan). Battier is a better defender and 3 pt shooter (.339 which is not great at all but is better than your percieved "Snipper" figure of .239)

Lewis was a wasteful signing

Your 2 minute lineup presents major matchup problems on offense but creates even bigger wholes on Defense!

You'll need Lebron to guard Melo thus leaving Rashad Lewis to cover either Stat or Chandler

even with limited offense Chandler would exploit that matchup

who would I double off of in your 2 minute lineup....you guessed it your MVP Rashard Lewis!

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Rashard Lewis shot .239 from 3 last year from 3 which is nearly identical to Chris Bosh's 3 pt numbers from last year! Again Battier is the backup SF for your team (I assume you're a Heat fan). Battier is a better defender and 3 pt shooter (.339 which is not great at all but is better than your percieved "Snipper" figure of .239)

Lewis was a wasteful signing

Your 2 minute lineup presents major matchup problems on offense but creates even bigger wholes on Defense!

You'll need Lebron to guard Melo thus leaving Rashad Lewis to cover either Stat or Chandler

even with limited offense Chandler would exploit that matchup

who would I double off of in your 2 minute lineup....you guessed it your MVP Rashard Lewis!

you know he was hurt last year and the year before! and he will get lots of 3 point shoot open because a lot of people will think like you!

also I want the heat vs knick to ECF! but the problem is i can use that line up because everybody knows that if the game is close the other 4 players in miami all need to do is block out their player because melo aint passing the ball in those minutes! and lebron is one of the only 4 players that can actually stay in fron of melo! bron, worlpeace, marion and Deng! that dosent mean they can stop him! but do a great job! because i belive he is the best scorer in the world righ now even more than durant! and he is a better overall player than durant he is overated the only thing durant have over melo is that he is more humble melo is not but melo is a better rebounder, scorer and can play multiple position and he is even a better passer even do he dosent pass enougt but still he is a good passer better than durant! durant act like a leader but the real leader of that team is Westbrook! back to the topic bosh can guard chandler and last time I check he outplayed Tyson chandle in all of the games last year! amare is my favorite knick but he played horrible! he will be stock with rashard or lebron! tell me who you want to guard him and shump in wade or bron! and ray allen on felton! on paper you got the best rebounding team on the floor but in effort I got the best team on the court and also theres only a hand full of head coach that spoalstra can outcoach in this league and mike woodson is one of them! even mike brown can outcoach woodson!:barf::boohoo:

I am a heat fan but i would love a ECF 7 games vs miami like the boston celtics vs heat last year1 now that would get Knicks fans pump up and the media will be going crazy over melo vs lebron! imagine this game 6 on msg tied with 2 minutes left k knicks trailing 3-2 2 minutes to go! melo at the top of the key from well beyond the arc........Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnngg
carmelo anthony from downtown! his most important shot of his career! then bron drive to the basket and kick out to Rashard or ray allen to a corner 3 bang! it get me hard to think of a ECF of Knicks vs heat:beer:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
norris cole is better than lin! :barf:
check game 4 of nba finals miami down by 17!
his defense is great! and he rotate really well!

shump was hurt in the all star weekend and that why he didn't participate in the rising star and slam dunk contest!

In the knickers rosters there are only one player i wish miami had and that shumper! he is a best imagine him wade and lebron guarding in the perimeter! :boohoo:to other team!

Norris cole sucks lmfao get over it

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont think Norris Cole sucks but hes nothing spectacular, just a decent backup at this point. Joe Johnson is a B+ level player, and Rashard Lewis could be a decent signing in my opinion. Miami might go with this lineup at times

Wade
Allen
Bron
Lewis
Bosh

p0nder

Starter
Joe Johnson is not on Lebron/Durant level, no. But will he bring the Nets to the playoffs with Deron? Almost a lock for that.

In that sense he's on a Melo/Amar'e level... probably somewhere between them.

KingCharles34

All Star
DWill and Johnson will undeniably be a tough duo in the 4th quarter of close games. We're very fortunate to have a couple players that can defend Lopez, otherwise they'd be better then us. I could see the Nets possibly sh*ttin on the celtics next year. Can Garnett still slow down Lopez? D will vs Rondo is a good matchup, but at this point Joe Johnson is better then Pierce, Terry, anyone the Celtics have other then Rondo.