Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are we undervaluing our roster this season, simply because its the New York Knicks?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    This team can straight whoop any other, any time, any where, any day, under any and all circumstances.

There may be Knick fans that undervalue or underestimate this roster, but not one opposing team's scout underestimates or undervalues what the Knicks are capable of.

Our toughest opponent will prove to be ourselves.
    Funny how the lakers trade goes down today and all I've been talking about at work is not being scared of any team and ppl looking at me like I have 3 eyes....Then you say this Crazy and I know I'm not alone.

I'm just happy to be cheering for a team that has a chance. There are going to be more and more teams that are going to be bottom dwellers. I see us as a 6th seed barring the injury bug, and the way the guys switch teams these days....at least we're in it with the big guys

Vegas has some respect for our roster.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344660150.487224.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol @ the Bulls being 15-1

agreed .

The Knicks and Celtics have the all around deepest teams to me the question is can each teams stars get it done. Chemistry and consistency with the Knicks star players and age for the Celtics.

The key will be, can we work together, injuries,...and Lebron. Melo was killing it at the Olympics this year, but Lebron, though I hate him bc he snubbed us, showed us why he is the greatest player in the NBA today. Assists from no where, blocks, rebounds, hard nose defense, and of course, monster jams. His only weakness is his deep threat which is average to above average but still consistent if you don't guard him. And that's not fandom or anything. That is the cold hard truth.

If we play our offense with the Pick and Roll in Felton and Amar'e and Melo getting it done when he needs to and our defense comes through, (which now has both capable perimeter and interior defenders) we should fly by with everyone else with ease. The other eastern conference teams not named the Miami Heat haven't done enough to warrant any threat to us in my opinion. Nets lost out on Howard and they don't have enough firepower to stop us. Orlando is just going to be terrible now without Howard. Bulls don't know where they'll be without Rose or if he'll be the same All Star player he once was. Sixers have Bynum now but Bynum grew up with the triangle offense and who knows how well he'll adjust to Doug Collins. Celtics lost Allen so they're a question mark now too. ATL and Pacers should have never been a threat to us in the first place. So there really is no one except the Heat who can stop us based on pure talent alone.

BUT, like everyone else said here, we are our own worst enemy. Injuries and team chemistry will determine our fates next season.

Veteran

Great Thread Topic .. the undervalue of Knicks teams

The comunication level of Knicks players as a same-page team has drop tremendously low each season after the 1998 offseason trade of Oakley/Starks.
    Our poor coaching-staff had alot to do with the poor relationship of Knicks players being on the same-page for over a decade.

Oakley were our top-strong frontcourt leadership player on the court, and in the lockerroom.
    This 2012-13 season our best top frontcourt leadership player goes to "Kurt Thomas" experience in keeping his team on the same-page on the court, on the bench, and in the lockerroom.

John Starks were our top-strong backcourt leadership player on the court, and in the lockerroom.
    This 2012-13 season our best top backcourt leadership player goes to "Jason Kidd" veteran experience in keeping his team on the same-page on the court, on the bench, and in the Lockerroom.

We have put together a serious optimistic Knicks roster together of Star-Players in the 2012 offseason to win the Atlantic Division Championship, however our best team-complimentary-players on the roster lies in "Player-Coach Jason Kidd and Kurt Thomas" being accepted by coaching-staff & players as the Knicks # 1 leadership players.

The Knicks past decade of seasons consisted of a divided-lockerroom of players that didnt accept certain teammates performance, which lead to all the players trying to be the team scoring "savior" with individual-plays.
    All the high five shoulder jumping looked good for team morality after a good Knicks play, but the team high-shoulder bumps never came close to weigh above all the teams poor-performances on offense/defense.

All the experience veteran players added to the Knicks roster in the offseason are a reward to headcoach Mike Woodson difficult job at getting two $100M contract EGO-players to co-exist as a teammates. The two players are two damn SELFISH to be anyteams leadership-player....which give reason to undervalue a decent Knicks roster.

u dont have to be a genious or a rocket-scientist to know Carmelo Anthony did not accept (Big-Shot) Chuancey Billups strong leadership role taking control over the Denver Nuggets players, nor did Carmelo accept the young D.Leaguer Lin-Sanity super-star role as the Knicks floor leader being accepted by all Knicks teammates, plus being accepted by NBA fans worldwide for providing a team-leadership on the Knicks that Melo & Amare could not provide.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Great Thread Topic .. the undervalue of Knicks teams

The comunication level of Knicks players as a same-page team has drop tremendously low each season after the 1998 offseason trade of Oakley/Starks.
    Our poor coaching-staff had alot to do with the poor relationship of Knicks players being on the same-page for over a decade.

Oakley were our top-strong frontcourt leadership player on the court, and in the lockerroom.
    This 2012-13 season our best top frontcourt leadership player goes to "Kurt Thomas" experience in keeping his team on the same-page on the court, on the bench, and in the lockerroom.

John Starks were our top-strong backcourt leadership player on the court, and in the lockerroom.
    This 2012-13 season our best top backcourt leadership player goes to "Jason Kidd" veteran experience in keeping his team on the same-page on the court, on the bench, and in the Lockerroom.

We have put together a serious optimistic Knicks roster together of Star-Players in the 2012 offseason to win the Atlantic Division Championship, however our best team-complimentary-players on the roster lies in "Player-Coach Jason Kidd and Kurt Thomas" being accepted by coaching-staff & players as the Knicks # 1 leadership players.

The Knicks past decade of seasons consisted of a divided-lockerroom of players that didnt accept certain teammates performance, which lead to all the players trying to be the team scoring "savior" with individual-plays.
    All the high five shoulder jumping looked good for team morality after a good Knicks play, but the team high-shoulder bumps never came close to weigh above all the teams poor-performances on offense/defense.

All the experience veteran players added to the Knicks roster in the offseason are a reward to headcoach Mike Woodson difficult job at getting two $100M contract EGO-players to co-exist as a teammates. The two players are two damn SELFISH to be anyteams leadership-player....which give reason to undervalue a decent Knicks roster.

u dont have to be a genious or a rocket-scientist to know Carmelo Anthony did not accept (Big-Shot) Chuancey Billups strong leadership role taking control over the Denver Nuggets players, nor did Carmelo accept the young D.Leaguer Lin-Sanity super-star role as the Knicks floor leader being accepted by all Knicks teammates, plus being accepted by NBA fans worldwide for providing a team-leadership on the Knicks that Melo & Amare could not provide.
    Again, is there an ignore feature that we can get?

Veteran

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Again, is there an ignore feature that we can get?

u need to go back to the Denver Nugget forum .. we are Knicks Fans in this forum not single-player fans.
    Your silly comments remind me of all the A.Rod fans who became Yankee Fans.
    Step TFO

Some of our success this year looms on whats left in the tank with Camby,Kidd and Thomas. I think STAT and Melo have a similar year as last. Hope they don't rush back Shump. I think we do pretty good this year

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    The Knicks and Celtics have the all around deepest teams to me the question is can each teams stars get it done. Chemistry and consistency with the Knicks star players and age for the Celtics.
    I agree, I have 3 questions with the Celtics

1) Age - Pierce and KG, PP looked old in the playoffs. Melo needs to finally retire that old man. KG played great but finally got tired in the last 2 games vs Miami. Will he be able to match what he did last year?

2) Inside Presence - We all know KG is a good defender but whos got his back? They got Bass, Fab Melo, Sullinger, Jason Collins, and Chris Wilcox. Tyson Chandler, Camby, and Kurt Thomas >>>

3) Rondo - He looked like he might have finally taken his game to another level in the playoffs last year. He showed more confidence then ever before, but I cant say hes completely convinced me that hes no longer fragile mentally. We do have Shump and Brewer to guard him, Chandler and Camby to protect the paint. Our PG's can defend their 2 guards which makes it easy to put Shumpert or Brewer on Rondo

We probably have just as many question marks with chemistry, Stats health, and then you got the Knicks fans that have their doubts about Carmelo. I think with Kidd and Felton, things will be fine on offense now. Carmelo and Stat just need to give us B level defense. We know what to expect from the rest of the roster, so if Stat and Melo can do that we should be a very well balanced team.

It just sucks we don't really have an option of getting past the second round.

It would be a real miracle to win the NBA finals this year.

Is there any chance that we can ever beat the Lakers, OKC, or the Heat? It will look like were Argentina playing against Team USA.

It's a decent team, but nowhere near Miami.

I rate the Lakers and Thunder higher as well, maybe even the Clippers depending on their health.

Winning the Atlantic is what needs to be expected from this team, but it won't be easy. It's by far the best division in the East this year, Brooklyn look good - like it or not - Boston will still challenge for the division crown (despite no chances of making a deep Playoff run) and Philly look decent too with Bynum, Holiday etc.

So step 1 is to win the Atlantic (tough enough)

Step 2 is to survive the first round (should be relatively easy with HC advantage )

Step 3 is to fight our way to the EC-Finals and give Miami a run for their money (which means winning at least one more game than last season)

Step 4 is to wait until the Heat-core gets old...like in the Bulls days back in the 90's. There is just no way to get past these Heat.

Default NBA.COM summer Report Card

FRONTCOURT: B
    The Knicks supplemented their talented and expensive frontline with the addition of Marcus Camby. He's 38 years old, but also an upgrade over last year's reserves. Kurt Thomas is old too

BACKCOURT: C
    Jeremy Lin's departure was a shocker, and while Raymond Felton played well in his first stint with the Knicks, Carmelo Anthony's presence makes things a lot different for a point guard.

DEFENSE: A
    Camby will keep the interior defense from falling off so much when Tyson Chandler goes to the bench, and the addition of Ronnie Brewer will help on the perimeter with Iman Shumpert out.

BENCH: C
    In addition to Camby, the Knicks added Jason Kidd, while bringing back J.R. Smith and Steve Novak. A younger big man would have been nice, but they'll be pretty deep once Shumpert is healthy.

COACHING: B
    Mike Woodson righted the ship after the departure of Mike D'Antoni last season, and deserved the full-time gig. But he's still got to figure out how to get his two stars to play together.

Overall Grade C

Much was made about the offer sheet that Jeremy Lin signed with the Houston Rockets and, even more, the Knicks' decision not to match it. But if you put the marketing aspect aside, it's still unclear if Lin is a real difference maker. His run of success lasted just a fraction of a full season, and there were lows that came with the highs.

The Knicks' revised supporting cast should be fine. It's a veteran group that can play the necessary roles on both ends of the floor. But really, the team's success will be determined by its stars. And it won't be winning a playoff series unless something changes with the on-court relationship between Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

Anthony and Stoudemire are two offense-only stars, yet the Knicks were a below-average offensive team last season, and even worse when the pair was on the floor together. The pressure is now on Mike Woodson to make things work, but the changes must start with Anthony, because he's the one with the ball in his hands.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]