Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lakers get Dwight Howard in a four-team deal

I agree with the poster that says we match up better with the Lakers then the Heat.

Tyson always gets the best of Dwight. We've got brewer and shump to contain kobe. Felton & kidd = nash. Melo ****s al over MWP. and Amar'e = Gasol. I think Christmas will be an amazing show.

As for the 6ers, i'm not all that concerned about bynum. He's going to drop off a bit on a team that doesn't have the threats of gasol and kobe surronding him. With Iggy gone they are losing out on a player that gave the knicks fits.

This was a terrible trade for Orlando. Fans of that franchise are almost as tortured as Knicks fans. Looking back at the talent levels they have had with shaq and dwight and hardaway and others it's like they just bobble the ball when it lands in their court.

Denver will be a fun team to watch next year, but they remain on that second tier of playoff teams landing somewhere in the 8-4 seed in the west and a likely 1st round exit.

Still going with a Knicks/Lakers finals, knicks in 7!

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I agree with the poster that says we match up better with the Lakers then the Heat.

Tyson always gets the best of Dwight. We've got brewer and shump to contain kobe. Felton & kidd = nash. Melo ****s al over MWP. and Amar'e = Gasol. I think Christmas will be an amazing show.

As for the 6ers, i'm not all that concerned about bynum. He's going to drop off a bit on a team that doesn't have the threats of gasol and kobe surronding him. With Iggy gone they are losing out on a player that gave the knicks fits.

This was a terrible trade for Orlando. Fans of that franchise are almost as tortured as Knicks fans. Looking back at the talent levels they have had with shaq and dwight and hardaway and others it's like they just bobble the ball when it lands in their court.

Denver will be a fun team to watch next year, but they remain on that second tier of playoff teams landing somewhere in the 8-4 seed in the west and a likely 1st round exit.

I like your analysis re how we match up with Lakers. However our team plaing well against them will depend on alot of things that have thus far been question marks:

Will Amare and Melo finally jibe well on offense?

Will Kidd's game finally fall off the face of the planet?

Will Melo and Amare defend their respective positions like they should?

How will Felton play??

By Christmas we could be a fairly cohesive unit, but time will tell.

We may actually lose our fair share of games at the beginning of the season and have to begrugingly witness more "gelling" on the part of our guys. Who knows..

Re Bynum couldn't disagree more. Bynum has suffered as the thrid option on the Lake show. He'll get more touches and his game will show more as a result. Dude's game is tight. He's the second best big-man in the league and his offense game is light years ahead of DW's. I look for him to average 16-18 ppg and 9-11 boards this upcoming season.

Originally Posted by p0nder

Philly has nice pieces, but the pieces dont' fit. Bynum, is a half court stud, but the team is built to run up and down. Now will they slow that down, to work Bynum in the post? It does give them a crunch time option, rather than yacking up 20 footers. I think Thorn came out and said, Orlando didn't want Iguodala....shows you what Orlando's up to for the next 2 years....collecting bad expirings with draft picks.

More useless garbage on the Howard trade. Danny Ferry said Orlando didn't want to trade him within the division.

Nash is a huge key factor. The man almost took the Suns the last two seasons to the Playoffs. Could you imagine what he'll do on this team?

Don't underestimate him. His defense isn't that bad, and if it was, his offense sure as heck has been winning a lot of games for the teams he's been on. Whether it was Bynum or Howard, Nash is huge.

we got raymond felton. dude is a beast. the next CP3

Originally Posted by ronoranina

Re Bynum couldn't disagree more. Bynum has suffered as the thrid option on the Lake show. He'll get more touches and his game will show more as a result. Dude's game is tight. He's the second best big-man in the league and his offense game is light years ahead of DW's. I look for him to average 16-18 ppg and 9-11 boards this upcoming season.
    Bynum is a product of the system/team culture in LA. He has the physical skill set to get 20/10 and will be a problem for smaller teams. But the Knicks are loaded up in that area of the court. Lets just say I'd rather have TC then Bynum, not even considering his knee issues. TC = 2nd best big man in the league. Bynum is maybe #3 and I expect he will be exposed on a team that is not a great fit for him.

Andrew Bynum was introduced as a member of the 76ers on Wednesday where he was greeted by 2,000 fans.

Bynum is eligible to become a free agent next summer.

To be honest, man, my first experience here has been so great Im really leaning toward making this my home, Bynum said.

Via John Mitchell/Philadelphia Inquirer

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Andrew Bynum was introduced as a member of the 76ers on Wednesday where he was greeted by 2,000 fans.

Bynum is eligible to become a free agent next summer.

To be honest, man, my first experience here has been so great Im really leaning toward making this my home, Bynum said.

Via John Mitchell/Philadelphia Inquirer
    yea watch him leave Philly after this season

Originally Posted by 3forLin
    yea watch him leave Philly after this season
    you may be on to something