Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lakers get Dwight Howard in a four-team deal

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Philly gives up thier best player for Bynum??? See this is why I quit messing with Philly two decades ago and became a KNICKS fan because they do dumb stuff. KNICKS/LAKERS/MIAMI will be must-see TV this season for sure.

I figured it was only a matter of time for Dwight to end up with the Lakers after the NBA blocked the trade to the Rockets. Stern is so typical. Gotta have an excuse to show the Lakers EVERY SUNDAY as the second game of the doubleheader. Don't throw in the towel just yet tho folks. I think our frontline will be able to match-up with any team out there. Bynum to Philly doesn't concern me much because he is a sometime player. I feel sorry for Doug Collins for sure. Philly gives up thier best player for Bynum??? See this is why I quit messing with Philly two decades ago and became a KNICKS fan because they do dumb stuff. KNICKS/LAKERS/MIAMI will be must-see TV this season for sure.
    Bynum is the second best Center in the league & still young (24) Bynum for iggy? you pull that trigger every time. They lost some leadership/defense & play making but i feel this move gives Turner & Holiday a chance to step up and take their games to the next level ( especially Evan Turner) Iguodola is not a scrub, but i feel Bynum is more of a NEED to the sixers than Iggy is, the sixers got rid of Brand there only legit threat in the paint so trading for (the next best center in the league after Howard) in Bynum is a good move to me and Improves their roster.

I believe in the trade they also received Jason Richardson, so you lose leadership in Iggy but you bring in veteran leadership in Jason Richardson who's 31 and can still ball & on top of that they did get Wright (who can play 3 or the 4 to help space the floor for Bynum) and they also have Nick young so they have alot more floor spacing and shooters. Losing iggy and Lou williams stings but they'll be fine in the long run.

Bynum, Turner, Holiday, Not a bad start it has alot of potential i wouldn't underestimate this sixers team they have solid pieces.

Now if Doug Collins can fix Bynums attitude.. they'll be on their way, i'm sure they'll struggle with the roster shake up at first but i like the direction they are moving in

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Bynum is the second best Center in the league & still young (24) Bynum for iggy? you pull that trigger every time. They lost some leadership/defense & play making but i feel this move gives Turner & Holiday a chance to step up and take their games to the next level ( especially Evan Turner) Iguodola is not a scrub, but i feel Bynum is more of a NEED to the sixers than Iggy is, the sixers got rid of Brand there only legit threat in the paint so trading for (the next best center in the league after Howard) in Bynum is a good move to me and Improves their roster.

I believe in the trade they also received Jason Richardson, so you lose leadership in Iggy but you bring in veteran leadership in Jason Richardson who's 31 and can still ball & on top of that they did get Wright (who can play 3 or the 4 to help space the floor for Bynum) and they also have Nick young so they have alot more floor spacing and shooters. Losing iggy and Lou williams stings but they'll be fine in the long run.

Bynum, Turner, Holiday, Not a bad start it has alot of potential i wouldn't underestimate this sixers team they have solid pieces.

Now if Doug Collins can fix Bynums attitude.. they'll be on their way, i'm sure they'll struggle with the roster shake up at first but i like the direction they are moving in
    I agree with most of this but still think they have a few question marks and will have some growing pains. The pick up of Wright and Young is solid but Wright is coming off a poor season and Young still has some attitude problem, and when paired with Bynum as his leader, may not work the best.

I don't think we should be too worried about Philly, they upgraded at center but we have 2 great defensive, starting quality C's on our roster. People do often forget that Bynum and Dwight are both great at their position because the 5 has a very small pool of quality talent. They are both great players but they both were fairly exposed when they came up against Chandler last season.

Philly did lose Iggy who is the core of their defense. And their perimeter defense WILL be exposed by his loss. Neither Turner or Wright are great defensive players and Melo, amongst other great perimeter players around the league, are going to blow their load all over Philly. Plus Spencer Hawes playing the 4? He is pretty good offensively but can't defend anyone, can't wait to see Amare's bounce back season against him.

Down the track I think Philly will be better than they were with Iggy, but they have just as many question marks as us if not more at this point. They had a good offseason but we now match up much better with them this season.

I figured it was only a matter of time for Dwight to end up with the Lakers after the NBA blocked the trade to the Rockets. Stern is so typical. Gotta have an excuse to show the Lakers EVERY SUNDAY as the second game of the doubleheader. Don't throw in the towel just yet tho folks. I think our frontline will be able to match-up with any team out there. Bynum to Philly doesn't concern me much because he is a sometime player. I feel sorry for Doug Collins for sure. Philly gives up thier best player for Bynum??? See this is why I quit messing with Philly two decades ago and became a KNICKS fan because they do dumb stuff. KNICKS/LAKERS/MIAMI will be must-see TV this season for sure.
    Yessir i get a little hard just thinking about Lakers vs Clippers, Lakers vs Heat, Knicks vs Celtics, Knicks vs Heat, Lakers vs Thunder....ohhh yea a full hard on now

I haven't been on since the season ended and I'm not here to gloat but the Lakers starting 5 is amazing, the bench is still really bad but the Lakers are def the favorites imo.

But on the other end even as a Laker fan when I look at the Knicks lineup objectively the Knicks actually match up pretty well with LA.

Nash is a way better PG than Felton but his D is so bad that Felton would still get his, nobody on NY is really stopping Kobe, but at this point nobody on LA is stopping Melo not even World Peace, Amare usually outplays Gasol, and Chandler has guarded Dwight very well throughout the last few seasons not to mention Camby's defensive presence.

Plus you guys do have a better bench. I still give the Lakers the nod but a Lakers/Knicks match up won't be as one sided as most ppl think imo barring injuries and if both teams are playing to their potential.

Bynum gonna leave Philly after this year and go to a true contender or a team that he can put over the top

I wonder how long the thread for D12 is on the Magic team forum right now. Might just rival our Lin thread.

MJ aint f*ckin with Kobe

I can already picture the Nash-Howard alley oops.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I can already picture the Nash-Howard alley oops.
    Kobe does not approve.

Honestly, the Lakers FO is so much better than the Knicks FO. They always gain crap and lose almost nothing, while Dolan somehow makes decisions that trump the stupidity of the previous decision he made.

So disappointed lately with the NBA. Not to mention the stupid lets-build-a-powerhouse team that everyone is starting to do..

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    Honestly, the Lakers FO is so much better than the Knicks FO. They always gain crap and lose almost nothing, while Dolan somehow makes decisions that trump the stupidity of the previous decision he made.

So disappointed lately with the NBA. Not to mention the stupid lets-build-a-powerhouse team that everyone is starting to do..
    True it creates too much of a top heavy league. There will be teams like us, Boston, Clippers, Spurs that are potential dark horses but you can almost bet that Okc, Miami & Lakers will be there when it matters. I know people love to congratulate the Lakers FO, and they do deserve praise. But they have it made when every player worth anything of value puts them on their shortlist or demands a trade their.

Bynum is immature, he isn't even close to ready to take it to the next level by leading his team

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Yessir i get a little hard just thinking about Lakers vs Clippers, Lakers vs Heat, Knicks vs Celtics, Knicks vs Heat, Lakers vs Thunder....ohhh yea a full hard on now

No homo I can't wait either

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718

That last sentence is the key tho: "Can Collins fix Bynum's attitude???" My guess is no. If playing for the Lakeshow with Kobe isn't enough to get you going IDK what is...This goes back to Metro's "production vs potential" quandary. I would take the known quanity of Iggy's athleticism and toughness over Bynam's enigmatic stuff... Bynam will show his true character when those boos start coming out of the stands and the criticsim mounts....Philly was a tough out, now they are just out....DC needs to get on the horn with TNT to get his old commentator seat warm again...