Knicks = Cowboys?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
on mike and mike, greenburg and scott van pelt were running through the teams in the east. greeny was saying how he loves this for philly (i think it makes them better but by no means great) and then while looking at the teams in the east, he mentions the knicks and SVP immediately discredited them calling them the cowboys. saying theyre only popular cause theyre in a huge market but havent won anything or made noise when it mattered (although we only had TWO chances to make noise when it mattered...last post season and this one.. this cowboys team have had longer than us.) he claimed that we're just another team and pretty much completely blew us off.

i dont care what our past was.. how do you discount THIS TEAM right now? we have a coach who preaches defense, and arguably the best roster we've ever had. last season should be taken with a grain of salt since we had an entirely new cast that had no training camp to gel, lost their coach midway through the season, suffered injuries, and had no point guard before or after lin. now, we have a training camp to have all these great players gel. note that this is amare and melos FIRST training camp together.

felton, brewer, melo, amare, chandler, smith, kidd, novak, camby, thomas, and later in the year; shumpert.

how do you hate on this?

wtf...out of all teams, the "Cowboys"? those are fighting words, and someone should have the taste slapped out of their mouth for saying such nonsense.

on mike and mike, greenburg and scott van pelt were running through the teams in the east. greeny was saying how he loves this for philly (i think it makes them better but by no means great) and then while looking at the teams in the east, he mentions the knicks and SVP immediately discredited them calling them the cowboys. saying theyre only popular cause theyre in a huge market but havent won anything or made noise when it mattered (although we only had TWO chances to make noise when it mattered...last post season and this one.. this cowboys team have had longer than us.) he claimed that we're just another team and pretty much completely blew us off.

i dont care what our past was.. how do you discount THIS TEAM right now? we have a coach who preaches defense, and arguably the best roster we've ever had. last season should be taken with a grain of salt since we had an entirely new cast that had no training camp to gel, lost their coach midway through the season, suffered injuries, and had no point guard before or after lin. now, we have a training camp to have all these great players gel. note that this is amare and melos FIRST training camp together.

felton, brewer, melo, amare, chandler, smith, kidd, novak, camby, thomas, and later in the year; shumpert.

how do you hate on this?

You are a fool, comparing the knicks to the cowboys, first of all, no disrespect to the knicks, but the cowboys have atleast won multiple championships in my life time and have retired champion winning hall of famers, and at some points held the best players in the league on their team

football with that respect, is a completely different animal than basketball, as basketball has two way players, not offense and defensive units , less pregame planning, more day to day activity and one play doesnt change the day

Dont ever be foolish enough to create another god awful thread comparing football to basketball again or you will be banned fromsports for life you doof.

Sorry but this forum has been dead for so long, and as you know I always stir the pot, so its time to do so, Im tired of the lame threads, the lame posts, and the bandwagon nonsense.

get your ish straight people

this is a big year. lets talk big year. not cowboys

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
You are a fool, comparing the knicks to the cowboys, first of all, no disrespect to the knicks, but the cowboys have atleast won multiple championships in my life time and have retired champion winning hall of famers, and at some points held the best players in the league on their team

football with that respect, is a completely different animal than basketball, as basketball has two way players, not offense and defensive units , less pregame planning, more day to day activity and one play doesnt change the day

Dont ever be foolish enough to create another god awful thread comparing football to basketball again or you will be banned fromsports for life you doof.

Sorry but this forum has been dead for so long, and as you know I always stir the pot, so its time to do so, Im tired of the lame threads, the lame posts, and the bandwagon nonsense.

get your ish straight people

this is a big year. lets talk big year. not cowboys

FWIW, Scott Van Pelt made the comment. I think the OP was just informing the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingCharles34

All Star
To this point i guess from an outsiders perspective hes sorta right. We havent made it out the 1st round in quite a while. I like our team alot but we most likely will be done by the time the Conference Finals come around. This seasons a huge failure if we dont make it out the 1st round but if we do make it out then i think that Cowboys comparison is dead. What have they won, like 1 playoff game in 9 years with Romo? :barf:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The knicks are more eagles then cowboys. All the talent to do nothing. Michael vick has the same things said about him that melo has. Not a true leader, all he can do is run or in melos case score, seflish.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
God I hope we're not the Cowboys.

After the Jets game last night the Knicks are all I got,unless the Yankees finally do what they're supposed too