Biggest Threat to the Heat

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Charles Oakley just said it was the Knicks on first take. He feels that the Bulls are done and that they should rest Rose and play for a lottery pick. He also said Boston is a middle of the road team, 4 or 5 seed and that he can't put BK ahead of the Knicks because JJ and Williams haven't played together yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
**** yeah! We should be able to go toe-to-to with the Heat with the improvements we've made. Ronnie Brewer is gonna be a very big key to this, as he will get to defend Wade, LeBron, and Ray Allen.

The best lineup against the Heat would be:
PG Ray Felton
SG Shump
SF Brewer
PF Melo
C Chandler/STAT/Camby

Having Chandler/Cambyman in there would hopefully get us the rebounding advantage, while Shump and Brewer should (although unlikely) hold Wade and LeBron below 30 points each. Melo, as we all know, plays better when he is fitted in the power forward spot. BRING ON THE HEAT.

PS. I wouldn't say Boston is a middle of the road team though. They took a 3-2 series lead against the Heat in the ECF last season. They should be just fine even though they lost Allen. They acquired Terry and Courtney Lee to compensate for the loss. They're gonna be back in the top 4 in the east along with us, MIA, and Indy.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
**** yeah! We should be able to go toe-to-to with the Heat with the improvements we've made. Ronnie Brewer is gonna be a very big key to this, as he will get to defend Wade, LeBron, and Ray Allen.

The best lineup against the Heat would be:
PG Ray Felton
SG Shump
SF Brewer
PF Melo
C Chandler/STAT/Camby

Having Chandler/Cambyman in there would hopefully get us the rebounding advantage, while Shump and Brewer should (although unlikely) hold Wade and LeBron below 30 points each. Melo, as we all know, plays better when he is fitted in the power forward spot. BRING ON THE HEAT.

PS. I wouldn't say Boston is a middle of the road team though. They took a 3-2 series lead against the Heat in the ECF last season. They should be just fine even though they lost Allen. They acquired Terry and Courtney Lee to compensate for the loss. They're gonna be back in the top 4 in the east along with us, MIA, and Indy.

I think what people don't take into consideration is that Boston took a 3-2 lead without Bosh. They figured out how to beat the Heat when it was just LeBron / Wade and company. As soon as Bosh returned he added the biggest part of what Miami loves to do in getting the oppositions Bigs out of the paint. With that being said, I believe we have better big man depth at this point than Boston does at the moment.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
seeing how we still managed to pull 1 Win in the playoff's against the Heat with a

Injured- Baron

Injured- Lin

Injured- Shump

Flu Sick- Chandler

Fire extinguisher- Amare

50 Percent healthy -Jeffries

&

Inconsistent - JR

I really like our chances this year

i'm not going to say were a threat to the Heat until we get out their and start winning games and proving ourselves but i do like the improvements made with the roster.

OUT- Lin, Jorts, Douglas, Jerome, Jeffries, Bibby, Baron, Gadzuric, Fields

IN- Felton, Camby, Kidd, Pablo, Kurt, Brewer, White, Copeland, (Chris smith for now)

I don't know about some of you but.. that's a B+ improvement to me.... well i'll give it a B for now it's a B+ if we sign Birdman, Amundson or Martin
:smokin:

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Anthony/Stoudemire have to combine for 45-60 points combined at night very efficiently

Felton/Kidd have to run the show and get our guys open and rhythm shots

Brewer/Shumpert have to shut down the perimeter and hit open shots if H20 can continue to work with Shumpert and help Brewer then we can have a legit combo

Smith/Novak have to consistently be those 3/4 options

Chandler/Camby need to protect the rim, rebound the ball and finish dunks and lay ups

We have a legit 10 man squad barring injuries and if our guys do like I said we can win a title

A few things would have to break our way.

The league's anti-flop effort has to work.

The knicks have establish themselves as the best defensive team in the league. To nullify the hordes of potential superstar "calls" they face against the heat.

First game of the series and we had played them even through the first. Then the refs gave them 20 something freethrows in the 2nd including back to back flops and a questionable Flagrant 1 because lebron got blindsided on a chandler pick. At which point JVG had to call out the refs. The FT section of the box score for the whole series is a joke and the games were awful to watch the refs made it straight ***** ball.

jafet6

Benchwarmer
A few things would have to break our way.

The league's anti-flop effort has to work.

The knicks have establish themselves as the best defensive team in the league. To nullify the hordes of potential superstar "calls" they face against the heat.

First game of the series and we had played them even through the first. Then the refs gave them 20 something freethrows in the 2nd including back to back flops and a questionable Flagrant 1 because lebron got blindsided on a chandler pick. At which point JVG had to call out the refs. The FT section of the box score for the whole series is a joke and the games were awful to watch the refs made it straight ***** ball.

you got to be kidding me! Im a heat fan but the knicks are my second favorit team alongside with the bulls! But you guys got to be honest you guys won a game becase spo made an error in the last 3 minutes of game 4! also miami was getting the benefit of the doubt because your defense was:barf: you know chandler won DPOY because it new york the king of media other than that there where other players that deserved as much as him! :teeth: but hey he deserved but the thrut is the thrut! also you guys problem was that your best defender was out in first game and even do he is the best defender with shump on the court wade average 32 point a game per 36 minutes so that to me is :alert: and let not start on lebron torching the whole knick team but dont worry lebron average the less point the hole playoffs series against you guys so that a good sign and to say that bosh only had like 10 game with more than 10 rebound the hole season to be in 3 against you guys and 3 against Okc that tell me something the so called Defensive speicallist in ibaka and chandler are to overated! the biggest threat in the east to heat are celtics and knicks! and at much you guys will win only 1 game each!:teeth:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
you got to be kidding me! Im a heat fan but the knicks are my second favorit team alongside with the bulls! But you guys got to be honest you guys won a game becase spo made an error in the last 3 minutes of game 4! also miami was getting the benefit of the doubt because your defense was:barf: you know chandler won DPOY because it new york the king of media other than that there where other players that deserved as much as him! :teeth: but hey he deserved but the thrut is the thrut! also you guys problem was that your best defender was out in first game and even do he is the best defender with shump on the court wade average 32 point a game per 36 minutes so that to me is :alert: and let not start on lebron torching the whole knick team but dont worry lebron average the less point the hole playoffs series against you guys so that a good sign and to say that bosh only had like 10 game with more than 10 rebound the hole season to be in 3 against you guys and 3 against Okc that tell me something the so called Defensive speicallist in ibaka and chandler are to overated! the biggest threat in the east to heat are celtics and knicks! and at much you guys will win only 1 game each!:teeth:
SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS!! what school did you graduate from or what grade are you in this is terrible, i cant even read this properly NO BUENO NO BUENO.

http://play.typeracer.com/

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Game 1 miami 33 fta new york 11. The rest of the series was called a little bit better but as a fan of basketball the refs where way too much into that series.

All I'm saying is without all those calls the series was closer than the scores would suggest. You said something about lebron point per da game he on fire hot **** can a ***** get a table dance. I agree he puts the ball in the hole very well.

My point is miami doesn't want a slowed down halfcourt game everyone knows this. They're biggest strength is athleticism. We have a squad of goons ready to grind it out and play d. All of our big men are better than yours save chris bosh. If knicks have a shot that's it but it won't work if lebron can live at the line.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I think it's sad that I honestly have no idea how well we will go till I see some games. The sport's media world is a joke at the moment, every 'journalist' bashes the Knicks and shows some of the worse bias. Kidd and Camby were two of the premier UFA's on the market this offseason and as soon as they signed with the Knicks they were called out for their age and labelled over the hill. Anyone know any good, fairly unbiased sites to check up on the basketball?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Come playoff time our rotation is gonna be hard to **** wit

For every strength Miami has we can counter and same for them, our post season success is contingent on Carmelo and Amar'e becoming complete players

Carmelo going for 25, 8 and 4 on 50% shooting and Amar'e gettin 22 and 10 on 55% shooting and both playin excellent D

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Come playoff time our rotation is gonna be hard to **** wit

For every strength Miami has we can counter and same for them, our post season success is contingent on Carmelo and Amar'e becoming complete players

Carmelo going for 25, 8 and 4 on 50% shooting and Amar'e gettin 22 and 10 on 55% shooting and both playin excellent D

That's a wet dream. It would be incredible if that were to happen.

Kiyaman

Legend
As a Knicks-fan i was totaly embarrasse over the first game of the Knicks vs Heats playoff series .. we are talking about a 18 to 24 first-quarter, a 13 to 30 second-quarter, 31 to 54 halftime (23 point Heat lead at halftime), which lead to a 16 to 27 third-quarter giving the Heat a 34 point lead to start the forth-quarter. The 100 - 67 win over the Knicks was a first game statement of how high the confidence-level the Heat can perform as a team.

Since 2008 the Boston Celtics had the best Gellin backcourt guard rotation in the NBA having Rondo/Ray/a lurking Pierce with a part time Tony Allen/Eddie House.

The 2012-13 season the Miami Heats having a healthy Charmer/Ray/DWade/and lurking-Lebron are the Leagues top best backcourt-rotation of guards .. whom can out-score and out-defend any NBA teams backcourt rotation.
There are only a few-teams in the league with a dominating package of consistant-guards in their rotation .. The OKC Thunder may have the 2nd best gellin backcourt rotation in Westbrook/Sef/Harden/Manor/and a lurking-Durant.

It is ashame that our young 2nd season SG-Shump is injured an unable to workout/practice this offseason.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Had not thought of that, resting Rose is a great idea, like when Robinson went down, they drafted Tim Duncan, and it was a wrap. Blessing in disguise for the Bulls, I think Rose will get back to 100% and he'll drop the buckets.

Knicks are a serious threat because you have Tyson, you got Kidd, right there they bring the Championship experience to counter the Heat, to keep us steady. And now Melo is coming off from an Olympic GOLD, he's in shape for the first time ever coming into camp, maybe the second time, this is looking good.

I think Melo can come in and drop 30 with 7 boards and 4 dimes on 46% with 80% from the line.

Yes we are. And that's why I wanted to play them in the playoffs last season.... just to see where we need to make adjustments. I never mind losing in the playoffs against the best team. We'll be taking our talents to South Beach and bringing back the Eastern Conference title in 2013.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
ive never been this excited for a knicks season. and i think we can EASILY be a top 5 team in the east. but i still wouldnt come close to saying we can take on the heat. we have to see how we bode and see how we actually play vs the heat. i do agree with the statement that it was nice to take 1 game from miami when we had lin, davis, and shumpert out, a flu-ridden chandler, a dysfunctional amare, an unheathly jeffries, and jr jackin up shots because nothing was working. i say we can easily be top 5 in the east because the east is garbage. heat, celtics, knicks, pacers (eh) and then its just a bunch of teams. philly (who can be decent), nets (also can be decent), bulls, magic, raptors, hawks, bucks

as long as amare is healthy, i have faith him and melo will click. i like the idea of playing the heat with a lineup of felton, shump, brewer, melo, and chandler. we could replace melo in that lineup with camby but u have to have scoring somewhere. with kidd, jr, novak, thomas, and camby comin off the bench.

so, i think we can easily be a top 4 or 5 team in the east but again, thats not a big accomplishment. the heat and celtics are the 2 teams you KNOW are going to be above average

im so pumped though because melo and stat FINALLY get a training camp together, woodson can fully install his system, the players will hone in on defense, im sure woodson will work on JRs consistency and basketball IQ (not running down court and jackin up shots) we grabbed a distributor in kidd, a great pg in felton, solid defenders in brewer and camby (camby will bring so much life to this crowd,) all the new guys brought in last year were just thrown on the court with no training camp; not this year, no more unnecessary linsanity drama, we'll have our coach ALL season, not to mention we have the reigning DPOY. we just have to move the ball around to open things up and not rely on ISO. ISO will get you no where if youre talking about winning a title

:2cents::gony:

Last edited:

Den318

Benchwarmer
Lakers is the biggest threat to the Heat. Nobody in the eastern conf have any shot at taking down the Heat, not even a remote chance.

Edit: Only delusional Melo fans think otherwise.