Time to Cream your Jeans or "Jorts"

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Wow 30 days became 1 year. I would think if it's an in season trade, it's a one year thing. But for a guy like Harrellson who is essentially fighting for a roster spot, you should open up all 30 teams to him to fight for that spot. Toss in the fact that he didn't have a guaranteed deal. I mean you cut a Ron Artest, he's still getting his contract paid. But for a Harrellson now, he's essentially unemployed and to shut out 1 possible employer, is hard to swallow. If I was his agent, I'd go take the NBA to court on this.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Yeah jorts cant be resigned until Next Year (July).. but good job good effort i love the thread title

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
For those asking, Knicks can't sign Jorts til next July. Will probably be claimed on waivers by somebody like Cleveland or New Orleans.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Yeah jorts cant be resigned until Next Year (July).. but good job good effort i love the thread title

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
For those asking, Knicks can't sign Jorts til next July. Will probably be claimed on waivers by somebody like Cleveland or New Orleans.

Ah, the waiver process still.

Sage

Rotation player
Damn, got beaten to it twice... Jorts won't be able to sign with us.

But Kidd Karma has a point, eliminating one team as an option for a player isn't great, but it does stop a colusion type situation where an agreement is made to trade a player only for him to come back.

CoolClyde

i knew someone was going to make this ignorant thread as soon as i heard Jorts was waived.
does it really require it's own thread?
olympia_ani.gif

no.

Wargames

Starter
lt use to be 30 days but Big Z and Cleveland ruined that by obviously colluding for him to return to Cleveland after a month away. I think a year is too long but those are the rules.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Can someone clue me in on this love of Jorts. I don't see it. The kid hustles and can rebound but other then that what is there? His shot is hit or miss and he isn't blocking anyone unless they're 6ft. We can do much better with that spot. Even if we could sign him yesterday I'm passing.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
He will end up with the Wizards I think. :2cents:

He will fit in good with that team backing up NeNe and Emeka coming off the bench after Trevor Booker.

Kiyaman

Legend
Is Jorts a good investment as a bigbody in the paint???

Can someone clue me in on this love of Jorts. I don't see it. The kid hustles and can rebound but other then that what is there? His shot is hit or miss and he isn't blocking anyone unless they're 6ft. We can do much better with that spot. Even if we could sign him yesterday I'm passing.

The Miami Heat signed Jorts on Monday .. will Jorts make the Heats roster using Tyson Chandler boxing-out method with his bigbody, plus being the BIGMAN pick for Charmer/Wade/Lebron/Bosh to go around for an open shot???

Will the Heats 3 point fg percentage increase with the new addition of Ray Allen, Lewis, and Jorts???

Kiyaman

Legend
The Miami Heat signed center Josh Harrellson on Monday.
The 6-foot-10, 275-pound Harrellson played 37 games as a rookie for the New York Knicks last season, averaging 4.4 points and 3.9 rebounds. He had a season-high 18 points against Charlotte on April 26, and a 14-point, 12-rebound effort against Sacramento on Dec. 31.
He also played in all five games of the Knicks' playoff loss to the Heat, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds in just under 25 minutes during that series.

Harrellson appeared in 94 games over three seasons at Kentucky, averaging 4.7 points and 4.7 rebounds.

The CBA new rule of traded players being waive can not return to the team that traded them for a full season .. HURTS .. a 2nd season Jorts couldve learned a lot on the Knicks this season.

CoolClyde

man, f*ck houston rockets. scamming Lin, taking 2 of our big men (plus Tony
Doug-less and picks) for Camby, only to let them go shortly thereafter, with Jorts
ending up with the hated Heat. and nothing Knicks can do about it.

i hope Houston goes on one of those record-setting losing streaks,
and Lin does nothing for them. sorry Lin lovers, he ain't a Knick no more,
just don't care.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with my man Clyde, f*ck Houston and F*ck Lin

Miami fans can cream in their jeans all they want for Jorts, Im sure Bosh had a big welcome boner when he greeted Harrelson. Chandler will man handle Bosh, Jorts, Joel Anthony...the whole Miami front line.

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
man, f*ck houston rockets. scamming Lin, taking 2 of our big men (plus Tony
Doug-less and picks) for Camby, only to let them go shortly thereafter, with Jorts
ending up with the hated Heat. and nothing Knicks can do about it.

i hope Houston goes on one of those record-setting losing streaks,
and Lin does nothing for them. sorry Lin lovers, he ain't a Knick no more,
just don't care.

Chill, coolclyde. This is Josh Harrelson we're talking about...not a real NBA player. He's that kid in gym class who always gets picked last. The guy is taking Eddy Curry's spot as the guy they bring in to make everyone else seem fast during sprints. Can he even dunk? Remember when he came back from his injury last year and would brick every single shot? Yeah...same dude. If this guy didn't go to Kentucky he would be in Europe right now...and not the rich part of Europe.

CoolClyde

Chill, coolclyde. This is Josh Harrelson we're talking about...not a real NBA player. He's that kid in gym class who always gets picked last. The guy is taking Eddy Curry's spot as the guy they bring in to make everyone else seem fast during sprints. Can he even dunk? Remember when he came back from his injury last year and would brick every single shot? Yeah...same dude. If this guy didn't go to Kentucky he would be in Europe right now...and not the rich part of Europe.

hmmm, good points, but I don't agree, I thought Harrellson was a work in progress.
also, i just needed a reason to say f*ck houston, i hate that team.
i liked them last year because i had Lowry, Dragic and Scola in fantasy b-ball,
but now they can suck it. also, still not over Lin hurt completely.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player

YES... Jorts at best will be Kurt Thomas 2.0 and Kurt had a "don't take **** from anyone" mentality that I loved when he was here before. Now we have and older and smarter K Thomas back who is willing to do whatever to get a W.

Think about it... You're a coach... You look at your bench and there's Jorts and Kurt. Who do you roll with?

I'm over it. I see Jorts overseas in 2-3 years unless he turns into a poor man's Kevin Love, Big Baby or a Scola which I just don't see. Yeah it sucks that Houston took so much from us then turned around and dumped it but it is a business and all I can worry about is NY. Good luck Jorts... you're gonna need it.

It'd be more pissed if we didn't have the best team on paper we've had in a looonnggg ass time.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
man, f*ck houston rockets. scamming Lin, taking 2 of our big men (plus Tony Doug-less and picks) for Camby, only to let them go shortly thereafter, with Jorts ending up with the hated Heat. and nothing Knicks can do about it.

Camby/K.Thomas/Kidd/Felton/Brewer were unrestricted free agent .. we couldve got rid of Jorts & TD contract on draft-night ..
Grunwald or Dolan didnt know this? or had no-plans for this season on draft night? u pick.

i hope Houston goes on one of those record-setting losing streaks, and Lin does nothing for them. sorry Lin lovers, he ain't a Knick no more, just don't care

WOW!
u are steal-upset about getting nothing for a money-making Lin-Sanity ..
Grunwald or Dolan decision? u pick. LOL ha ha ha ha ha

Last edited: