Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K13 Thread

Looks like they're not actually on the game, i have it too. And i just lost to Houston by 11, mother f*ck jeremy lin. He had 24 pts, 9asts and 8 rbs. Melo had 38 though

Who's on PS3?

I just played my first 2K game ever, and trounced the Gacers by a comfortable 19. Funnily enough, STAT was my go to scorer! He had 11 boards and 4 blocks to go with 27 points. An omen!?

I had no idea how detailed everything was going to be. I must have paused the game 30-40 times to look up what to do offensively.

You can really see the differences in capabilities on there. Kidd's passing is far and away better than anyone else's out there, and Chandler's defensive reactions were unmatched by anyone.

I'm loving reviving the PS3!

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Looks like they're not actually on the game, i have it too. And i just lost to Houston by 11, mother f*ck jeremy lin. He had 24 pts, 9asts and 8 rbs. Melo had 38 though
    Ooooooohhhhh. No chink in that mail. Deep burn.

I haven't lost yet. Melo never misses, Shump is consistent and the overall game is awesome. I'm bummed that the rumored teams won't be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gameplay has been great for the most part... but when I tried to play as the cheat it was too damn easy. Even in hall of fame mode. You can just literally force your way to a dunk 90% of the time.

Xbox gamer tag: craptron

Hit me up fellas (no homo)

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Who's on PS3?

I just played my first 2K game ever, and trounced the Gacers by a comfortable 19. Funnily enough, STAT was my go to scorer! He had 11 boards and 4 blocks to go with 27 points. An omen!?

I had no idea how detailed everything was going to be. I must have paused the game 30-40 times to look up what to do offensively.

You can really see the differences in capabilities on there. Kidd's passing is far and away better than anyone else's out there, and Chandler's defensive reactions were unmatched by anyone.

I'm loving reviving the PS3!
    Really? I've been playing the 2K series since the original Dreamcast days. It by FAR blew all other simulation basketball games out of the water. I stopped playing EA basketball games since the original 2k; no joke

^ Me too knicksman20

Theres still some similarities the original NBA2K, its stayed true to its core mostly improving the graphics more then anything else. As soon as it first dropped it was instantly the most realistic basketball game i had ever played and every year its gotten a little better.

I finally won a game tonight, im playing every team from least to best. I beat the Magic and im playing on all-star

Felton had 17 assists for me

fs1299 hit me up if yall wanna get whoooped

^ Me too knicksman20

Theres still some similarities the original NBA2K, its stayed true to its core mostly improving the graphics more then anything else. As soon as it first dropped it was instantly the most realistic basketball game i had ever played and every year its gotten a little better.

I finally won a game tonight, im playing every team from least to best. I beat the Magic and im playing on all-star

What are you playing, KS3? I'm running Starter difficulty (I think it's called), 7 minute quarters, no injuries, league standard rules (3 sec O&D violation etc).

I don't shoot a lot of 3s, and have gotten used to using "L2" + right stick combinations to shoot. Melo is beastly! I shoot a lot of turn around jumpers with him on the block. STAT's not bad, but can only hit a face up really.

I'm having little luck with Chandler. Doesn't rebound particularly well or block shots.

My preferred line up is:

Chandler
    STAT
    Melo
    Brewer
    Shump.

That defensive back court f*cks sh*t up out there, and they get out on the break and both can sky. I post up Melo all the time and run the Horn play using Melo as the receiver more often than anything else. I also post up STAT, but he has a tendency to shoot too many hooks. They're reliable, but they don't fit his true game, which is a shame because he needs a reliable back down hook like a rapist needs roofees.

I have it for 360 and all star mode is the 3rd toughest out of 5 levels of difficulty my version. Thats what i played 2k11 on and when i got this game i just said f*ck it, im gonna try to pick up where i left off. It took a little time but I've now beaten the 5 worst teams on the game including Houston. It took me 3 tries to do it and a game winning 3 pointer from Carmelo. I owe Melo for life now, even if he plays bad ill never say anything bad about him again. 34pts 5rbs and 5asts. I also got 21 from Stat and 20 from JR Smith. Shump was big too, he got me 12 pts and 10 asts. Lin only had 10 points this time

Im having a tough time with Chandler too, Cambys outplaying him. I did have one big game with Chandler though, I gotta look for him under the rim more. I think it helps if u can pound it inside early and get Stat and chandler going. At least it did on 2k11 for me, not so far on this game.

I actually dont use Brewer that much, i just recently started using Shump at point guard a little more. I go with...

Felton Kidd Shumpert
    Shump JR
    Carmelo Shumpert
    Stat and Novak
    Chandler and Camby

When i play better offensive teams ill probably use Brewer now but aside from the 5 worst teams the only other team i played was the Nets when i first got the game. Oh, and i play with 10 minute quarters. It takes me an hour to play a game. If I was playing top 10 teams i would probably get raped. With these 2K games they're so realistic. You get better the more u play, I finally got good with JR Smith on 2k11 shortly before 2k13 came out and I've been using him since we signed him. The ally oops on this game are real nice, they get me up out of my seat

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

my player mode freezes up on me, It's happening mostly to people who have the 4GB Xbox, you need to have a HDD drive for some reason. Even if you use a large capacity USB drive and install the game it won't work.
    I'ma just play regular games and gaining VC coins/points to use on MyPlayer for when this issue is fixed.

toonz242 hit up the bahamian baller. ill be on tonight around 7

^ Me too knicksman20

Definitely! Anytime I play the latest 2K game; I get that same feel as the Dreamcast version. I can't believe it's 13 years later & the franchise is still great.

I am hooked to MyCAREER mode. I play as a point guard. I was drafted by the celtics(yikes) then I demanded a trade to the knicks. And after a long wait as being the 6th man, i finally took kidd's place as the starting pg.

And man oh man, do I dish a lot. I broke dohun's record which was 22 assists for the knicks with a 24 assists game.

I am loving this mode

Has everyone been using the 95 Knicks team?

I'm using them in Playoff Mode against the Celtics ATM.

Ewing f'ing dominates!!!! No '99 team though sadly.

I've also just thrown STAT on the back burner and am starting Sheed in my season.