Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: How does the NYK back court measure up to Eastern rivals?

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Announcement How does the NYK back court measure up to Eastern rivals?

    KIDD



    FELTON



    JR SMITH



    RONNIE B


    _______________

    Study up, KO.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,012
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Too lazy to look up the rosters so I'll say we have the best in the East.

  3. #3
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I think overall we have the most depth and talent just inconsistencies can affect how good we can be

    Felton the on court leader can he run the team and slow down Rondo, Deron and Rose

    Kidd the vet, can he mentor Felton and help him live up to his potential and what exactly does he have left in the tank

    Smith the wildcard can he score with consistency and be a true 3rd scorer and keep up his defensive effort from last year

    Brewer the stopper, he has to work on that jumper and hit it to be a key catalyst on our team if so we have found a gem

    Shumpert the young gun, can he come back from ACL surgery and be the same explosive defensive nightmare he was and will that jumper continue to improve

    Prigioni the question mark his game translates well to our team he's a creator but can he hold his own on D

  4. #4
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hate to say it but Brooklyn has the best starting back court and has a strong case for best supporting.

    D-Will/Watson
    JJ/Brooks

  5. #5
    Newbie TheScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Hate to say it but Brooklyn has the best starting back court and has a strong case for best supporting.

    D-Will/Watson
    JJ/Brooks

    I don't think there's any doubt that they're better than us in that department. DW is an elite PG. Felton is average. CJ is top reserve point, Kidd is 39. They have an all-star pure scorer at SG. We have role players.

    Our strength is up front and we need to get max production from those guys, while our backcourt just has to play their roles.

  6. #6
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    we have a good defensive backcourt, so i dont see bk dropping ****load of points from there

    miami's wade will probably get his 20-30points but it wont be in the flow of the game this time round.

  7. #7
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Eventually


    Felton / Kidd / Pablo

    Shump / Jr / Brewer

    Our back court is underrated defensively IMO, Felton, Shump, Brewer, Kidd, Jr these are all players who WANT to play defense and put the effort in defensively they have the potential to make it tough on our opponent to score the ball especially under woodson, he will have these guys working their butts off defensively.

    Offensively we have an average back court IMO, but even though it's a average back court Felton/Jr/Shump are all capable of creating their own shots & Kidd/Brewer know their roles.

    Regarding how we stack up against rivals

    Brooklyn Nets- D-Will/Joe Johnson Best Backcourt in the NBA and our biggest threat from a back court standard, lets not forget they still have Brooks/Watson coming off the bench as well

    Miami Heat Wade/Ray Allen- this will give us serious problems if the heat were to throw out a line up of
    Wade
    Allen
    Battier
    Bron
    Bosh

    Celtics Rondo/Lee/Terry/Bradley -- Underrated backcourt that could give us fits offensively and defensively, but i like our chances against them.

    Bucks-- the mini me duo of Jennings/Ellis -- Not a sleeper back court both of these players can go off any given night, but we can handle them with the way our roster is set i cant say i'm NOT worried because the Bucks seem to always give us problems but i like our chances.


    Pacers- they are in the same boat as us, their strong point is their front court of Granger/hibbert/west... i'd say the Pacers/Knicks backcourts are arguably equal but the pacers have the younger back court.... i'd say we have an advantage defensively against their back court, i'll give them the slight advantage offensively. Hill, Green, Augistin, George, stephenson

    Sixers--Underrated backourt, they are young and will make mistakes but they have potential Holiday, Turner, Nick Young, Jason Richardson. They have some nice pieces but still have alot to learn, Richardson will bring them Veteran Leadership, we can handle them though not worried.

    Bulls - Crap Back court until Rose is back on the radar ( Rose is missing a large chunk of the season so i don't see the bulls much of a threat until further notice) + they lost their whole "BENCH MOBB" through free agency that bench really helped the Bulls with the absence of D.Rose mark my words the bulls will struggle big time this season until rose is back i'm sorry but "Hinrich, Nate, Bellenlli, Buttler" is not getting it done.

    Raptors - Lowry, Fields, Derozan, John Lucas, Calderon, Ross, their backcourt is deep as hell. Are they a threat? No way Jose but i like the potential in their back court they have a chance to make the 8th seed, maybe even 7th.

    Hawks- Crap Back court IMO
    Magic- Crap Back court IMO
    Detroit- Crap Back court IMO
    Cavs- Crap Bacourt (MINUS IRVING) & I think Waiters will be a BUST
    Wizards- Crap Back Court IMO (MINUS J.WALL)
    BOBCATS- Crap Back Court IMO

    feel free to post your positive/Negative feedbacks
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 17, 2012 at 06:40.

  8. #8
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^"You must spread some rep around before hookin Almost_Famous up again"

    agreed and infact agreeing on the raptors chances at the playoffs this year, gonna have to move the wizards ff the 8th spot and put the raps there in my predictions.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think I understand how the rep thing works now. Most times I forget about it, but I’ve been meaning to look into it for a while now.


    Anyway, if we play Woody’s ball (nohomo) we should be the beasts of the east. The Knicks back court just has too many options to work with. BK is the only team I see competing in this area.

  10. #10
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^even after reading this i still don't get it. I've got 6 rep points so if i rep someone i am giving them 6 points and then when it hits 100 they get a new rep point? actually now that i type it out that seems simple... does it work for neg reps the same way?

    I got neg repped once cause i said CA7 would leave with Melo if he was traded. I guess he took offense to that... but i didn't see him on the forums until melo was here so i had to figure he was a melo-fan first.

    Back on topic: I'd say we have the 4th best in the east without Shump behind the Nets, Heat, Celtics, and Bucks. When he's back and if he's playing like he was this backcourt is a sleeper.

    If he comes back with a better jumpshot (he's working on it while rehabing) we will rival the Nets in the backcourt... add that to the best frontcourt in the league and I think we have a great shot this year!

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Works like this:

    New green thingy for every 100 points - poster that reps you has, for e.g., 10 rep power and reps you 10 points in accordance with that RP.

    Plus one RP for every year since joining - July 2013 in your case.

    Plus one RP per 1,000 posts.

    Your initial point comes, I think, after 150 posts.

    After receiving a total of 600 points, you are eligible for a night of passion with HRH, Elizabeth Windsor excluding anal. She is a good sport though.
    hmmm, might take a lil while to digest this. I just gave some rep out to several players by pressing the thingy under their user names. I figured that was all to it but I see there is more to it then I originally thought. Thanks for the explanation, thou.

  12. #12
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    A good question....yet it's a bit loaded!

    Here is why....A team's backcourt's value is going to depend on what that team needs it to be.

    For instance...
    New Jersey Brooklyn needs a scoring backcourt because Humphries and Wallace are hustle players who can't creat their own shots, so they need players who break down a defense to set up scoring for other players while serving as the primary offensive options.

    Miami just needs anyone who plays in the Backcourt w D Wade to be able to hit a wide open shot and bring the ball up and play D...So Chalmers and Wade looks amazing. But Chalmers how many teams would Chalmers be a lock to start for?

    Put anybody who can shoot in the backcourt w Rondo and they are the best Backcourt in a lot of ways as long as they still have Pierce and KG...yet Rondo and Ray Allen would not have been able to get Charlotte or Sac into the playoffs!
    Could Kobe and Nash take a lottery team and turn them into a contender? Probably not! Even in their primes they could not do it.

    Get my point?! Backcourts are oftern overatted...look we had the greatest backcourt of All Time in Frazier and Monore....but Willis was the anchor!

    Talent wise honestly you could give the nod to a darkhorse in this discusssion....The Bucks w/ Jennings and Ellis...but at the sametime they are living proof a backcourt can't carry a team!


    Now our precious Knicks!!!!

    Take all I said about team needs....we do not need our backcourt to score a lot....we need them to be able to hit open shots and defend.

    Now Shump is not at a point were his jumper is reliable...but he is a good shooter when given room (his shooting is bad when he is pulling up for 3's and creating jumpers off the dribble).....still room for improvement even with the wide open J's though, but I am totally comfortable w Shump as our SG of the future! David Lee went from having no J to one of the best jump shooting PF's in the league...Shump's J will improve!

    Raymond needs to set the offense up....keep his TO's down and cause havoc penetrating and finding open men. He's fully capable of all of that
    So per our needs I love...love our starting backcourt!

    Bench wise Kidd is the perfect backup PG. Like Sam Cassel did for Boston at around the same age like Derek Fisher will give some Championship Contender this year, Kidd will bring leadership and Savvy and a respeted voice to the locker room.

    JR is a perfect 6th man! He's like using your Ipad for Internet connection....awesome on the fly....horrible as a long term day to day solution! Plus his defense is better than I thought.
    Brewer is amazing as a role player and will help with our defensive pressure in the backcourt
    I think talent wise there are better backcourts for sure! But I like our backcourt per the team we have.

    Give me a better Defensive Backcourt than a healthy Shump and Felton or Kidd and Brewer off the bench!

  13. #13
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    ^even after reading this i still don't get it. I've got 6 rep points so if i rep someone i am giving them 6 points and then when it hits 100 they get a new rep point? actually now that i type it out that seems simple... does it work for neg reps the same way?

    I got neg repped once cause i said CA7 would leave with Melo if he was traded. I guess he took offense to that... but i didn't see him on the forums until melo was here so i had to figure he was a melo-fan first.

    Back on topic: I'd say we have the 4th best in the east without Shump behind the Nets, Heat, Celtics, and Bucks. When he's back and if he's playing like he was this backcourt is a sleeper.

    If he comes back with a better jumpshot (he's working on it while rehabing) we will rival the Nets in the backcourt... add that to the best frontcourt in the league and I think we have a great shot this year!
    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    hmmm, might take a lil while to digest this. I just gave some rep out to several players by pressing the thingy under their user names. I figured that was all to it but I see there is more to it then I originally thought. Thanks for the explanation, thou.
    It's a bit tricky, isn't it?

    I think my explanation was rather sh*t, to be honest.

    Basically, there are 2 types of rep power.

    The first type you'll receive directly from the site itself, including:

    + 1 RP for your first 150 posts.
    + 1 RP every 365 days as a member.
    + 1 RP for every 1,000 posts.

    The other type is rep received from other posters.

    100 total rep received from other posters equals one green square > . One green square equals +1 RP.

    After 500 rep points received, you get a light green square > From there you need 200 rep points received to get another light green square.

    Negative rep works in the same way, but being negative it subtracts from your RP total. The opposite effect: + VS -.

    Using myself as an example.

    150 posts - +1 RP.
    Joined in September 2008 +3 RP - will be +1 more as of September this year.
    5000 posts + 5 RP.
    626 Rep received from other posters + 6 RP


    1 + 3 + 5 + 6 = 15 RP total as you can see under my avatar.

    WHEW! All that over rep points.

  14. #14
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Eventually


    Felton / Kidd / Pablo

    Shump / Jr / Brewer

    Our back court is underrated defensively IMO, Felton, Shump, Brewer, Kidd, Jr these are all players who WANT to play defense and put the effort in defensively they have the potential to make it tough on our opponent to score the ball especially under woodson, he will have these guys working their butts off defensively.

    Offensively we have an average back court IMO, but even though it's a average back court Felton/Jr/Shump are all capable of creating their own shots & Kidd/Brewer know their roles.

    Regarding how we stack up against rivals

    Brooklyn Nets- D-Will/Joe Johnson Best Backcourt in the NBA and our biggest threat from a back court standard, lets not forget they still have Brooks/Watson coming off the bench as well

    Miami Heat Wade/Ray Allen- this will give us serious problems if the heat were to throw out a line up of
    Wade
    Allen
    Battier
    Bron
    Bosh

    Celtics Rondo/Lee/Terry/Bradley -- Underrated backcourt that could give us fits offensively and defensively, but i like our chances against them.

    Bucks-- the mini me duo of Jennings/Ellis -- Not a sleeper back court both of these players can go off any given night, but we can handle them with the way our roster is set i cant say i'm NOT worried because the Bucks seem to always give us problems but i like our chances.


    Pacers- they are in the same boat as us, their strong point is their front court of Granger/hibbert/west... i'd say the Pacers/Knicks backcourts are arguably equal but the pacers have the younger back court.... i'd say we have an advantage defensively against their back court, i'll give them the slight advantage offensively. Hill, Green, Augistin, George, stephenson

    Sixers--Underrated backourt, they are young and will make mistakes but they have potential Holiday, Turner, Nick Young, Jason Richardson. They have some nice pieces but still have alot to learn, Richardson will bring them Veteran Leadership, we can handle them though not worried.

    Bulls - Crap Back court until Rose is back on the radar ( Rose is missing a large chunk of the season so i don't see the bulls much of a threat until further notice) + they lost their whole "BENCH MOBB" through free agency that bench really helped the Bulls with the absence of D.Rose mark my words the bulls will struggle big time this season until rose is back i'm sorry but "Hinrich, Nate, Bellenlli, Buttler" is not getting it done.

    Raptors - Lowry, Fields, Derozan, John Lucas, Calderon, Ross, their backcourt is deep as hell. Are they a threat? No way Jose but i like the potential in their back court they have a chance to make the 8th seed, maybe even 7th.

    Hawks- Crap Back court IMO
    Magic- Crap Back court IMO
    Detroit- Crap Back court IMO
    Cavs- Crap Bacourt (MINUS IRVING) & I think Waiters will be a BUST
    Wizards- Crap Back Court IMO (MINUS J.WALL)
    BOBCATS- Crap Back Court IMO

    feel free to post your positive/Negative feedbacks
    Gotta agree with this.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing our back-court VS the 76ers and the Bucks. That'll be telling, for sure. Until Shump returns, I think Indiana have ot over us in their back-court.

    Nice post, NYK reloaded!

  15. #15
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Gotta agree with this.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing our back-court VS the 76ers and the Bucks. That'll be telling, for sure. Until Shump returns, I think Indiana have ot over us in their back-court.

    Nice post, NYK reloaded!
    Wouldn't be so sure about that, I think Indy, like Philly overachieved last year based on their chemistry together. They added George Hill as their starting PG over Collison. This was a smart idea against Miami whose size and pesky defense ruled Collison out almost straight away. George Hill, like Augustin, is primarily a shooter. When i look at their back court they have size and a lot of shooters, but no one who really stands out as a high quality passer. I think the Pacers will have the same problem we had with offense stagnation with TD as our point, but to a lesser degree.

    The media loves to hype up Philly and Indiana because they are young and still forming and haven't bother to list this in between writing up a comprehensive list of reasons why the Knicks will fail.

    EDIT: Atlanta probably won't be much of a threat and may sneak into the 8th seed but they have the same problem. Solely shooting guards filling out their back court.

    Teague/Williams
    Stevenson/Jenkins

    Are all shoot first guards and only Teague has an average passing game.

Similar Threads

  1. Get Allan Houston back on the court!!!
    By Deathstroke in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2012, 09:56
  2. My case for a Shumpert/Walker back court
    By CA7 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2012, 03:29
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2011, 17:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •