ESPN Player Rankings

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Okay now I see you're just using last year to have this argument, for their careers they both average 6 a game(KD 6.6, CA 6.3) and Durant plays 2 more MPG than Carmelo. Carmelo is a better skilled rebounder than Durant, watch the game not the stat sheet. Example LeBron James is the 2nd best passer in the league, Nash being 1st but LeBron isn't 2nd in assists so does that make guys who average more assists than him better passers, NO

Durant is a GREAT SHOOTER we can all agree, Carmelo just brings more to the table for me on offense, remember for the last year and half most of it Carmelo was out of his element and injured, this past season really hurt Carmelo prior to that he had a great year averaging 25.5 ppg and 7 rpg with good percentages across the board

I wish guys would be honest and say they are using this past year too much to judge Carmelo because we seen when healthy and running the offense through him he not only gets his but he got it efficiently, the team played well, he made guys better and Woodson made him a better defender.

Durant is great I just prefer Carmelo

Well.. yeah I'm judging them based on what I see now, on court and by the numbers. You kinda have to wait til the end of their respective careers to judge them the way you are.

Right now Durant is the better player. Durant is young, therefore I believe he will continue to grow as a player and thus will more than likely be better than Melo for the duration of their careers.

You must not really watch Durant that much. He does everything on offense. He takes it to the rack. He uses a one step or two step dribble and pull up. His handle is excellent so he creates off the dribble really well (better than Melo imo). He shoots the three and he's a monster with the ball in his hands in transition. Plus he's tall. He pump-fakes to get guys in the air to draw fouls. He is just more well-rounded than Melo on offense IMO. He also gets to the line an insane amount. I think he was either 1st or 2nd in attempts last season. That tells me he is v aggressive. Melo did not even come anywhere near him in attempts last season.

Stop w the Melo jocking dude.

We can all agree he's a great scorer, but he has his faults and they are annoying. You should try to see him for what he is.

I would much rather have Durant on the Knicks than him.

And my dude.. don't minimize the importance of statical analysis. Stats are everything when it comes to these players. Good stat analysis is just as important as what you see on the court. Remember that.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Well.. yeah I'm judging them based on what I see now, on court and by the numbers. You kinda have to wait til the end of their respective careers to judge them the way you are.

Right now Durant is the better player. Durant is young, therefore I believe he will continue to grow as a player and thus will more than likely be better than Melo for the duration of their careers.

You must not really watch Durant that much. He does everything on offense. He takes it to the rack. He uses a one step or two step dribble and pull up. His handle is excellent so he creates off the dribble really well (better than Melo imo). He shoots the three and he's a monster with the ball in his hands in transition. Plus he's tall. He pump-fakes to get guys in the air to draw fouls. He is just more well-rounded than Melo on offense IMO. He also gets to the line an insane amount. I think he was either 1st or 2nd in attempts last season. That tells me he is v aggressive. Melo did not even come anywhere near him in attempts last season.

Stop w the Melo jocking dude.

We can all agree he's a great scorer, but he has his faults and they are annoying. You should try to see him for what he is.

I would much rather have Durant on the Knicks than him.

And my dude.. don't minimize the importance of statical analysis. Stats are everything when it comes to these players. Good stat analysis is just as important as what you see on the court. Remember that.

here we go with the homo phrases smfh you dudes cant have a discussion with out dropping these can you

anyway I watch KD and you know what he has his faults too its just no one is going to ever criticize Durant for anything, he not a stopper and who does he make better please explain to me both of these and how they're false, I know Melo has flaws I point them out all the time but these guys are almost evenly skilled and even then Melo is more skilled Durant probably has the higher IQ and more hunger, though I've seen a new side of Melo since April

also STATS are important to an extent, we also have to look at, where guys get shots, who guys are surrounded by, systems, etc...its not all black and white and it seems guys are being influenced by the media too much. Before Carmelo came to New York he was better than Durant now that he's here and the medias new scapegoat he's not top 10 :teeth: smh

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
so far...

ESPN Player Rankings

for anybody curious

#471 James White
#437 Pablo Prigioni
#325 Kurt Thomas
#176 Steve Novak
#173 Raymond Felton
#167 Ronnie Brewer
#157 Jason Kidd
#138 Iman Shumpert
#132 JR Smith
#127 Marcus Camby

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN and fan-favorite are not how u rank players

Melo should be around 10-15 after his performance in the Olympics. He was 15-20 before that.

1. James
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Howard
5. Rose
6. Wade
7. Bryant
8. Bynum
9. Love
10. Anthony
11. Dirk
12. Ginobili
13. Williams
14. Rondo
15. Griffin
16. Parker
17. Pau Gasol
18. Westbrook
19. Chandler
20. Marc Gasol
21. Smith
22. Nash
23. Cousins
24. Irving
25. Deng
25. Bosh
26. Harden
27. Joe Johnson
28. Eric Gordon
29. John Wall
30. Danny Granger

The Spurs 2011-12 record of 50-16, and 2010-11 record of 61-21 on the powerful strength of Tim Duncan then comes Parker/Ginobli performance.

The Bulls 2011-12 record of 50-16, and 2010-11 record of 62-20 on the strength of Rose/Noah/Deng/then Boozer/Gibson performance.

How to rank NBA players-perfomance .. u rank the past 2 seasons of ....
Team-Performance/Team-Record/then player-performance goes into the high ranking of talent .. 1-Lebron 2-Rose 3-Wade 4-Duncan 5-Durant 6-Kobe 7-Howard 8-Parker 9-Dirk 10-Bosh 11-Pierce 12-KG 13-Deng 14-Noah 15-Rondo 16-Westbrook 17-Griffin 18-CP3 19-Harden 20-Ginobli 21-Tyson Chandler ....

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo probably has more god given ability.. But Durant's hunger and drive makes him the better player right now. He rarely if ever takes a night off, Melo doesnt always play up to his ability

This sums up my opinion very well, by saying god given ability i kinda look at that as the fact that Carmelo is much physically stronger then Durant making him more of an inside outside player.

This sums up my opinion very well, by saying god given ability i kinda look at that as the fact that Carmelo is much physically stronger then Durant making him more of an inside outside player.
yeah this is what I mean as well. Durant is definitely talented so I didn't mean to slight his talent compared to Melo. Just meant Melo has the ability to do much more on the offensive end that Durant probably can't with his slender build...at the same time Durant's height might give him an advantage or two over Melo even tho Melo isn't short for his position at all.

CA7

Scoring Champ
STAT comes in at #43 I pray this is a wake up call and he's plays like a top 20 player next year

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Really? Ibaka better then Amar'e. Every1 is really getting on him for last year (Ibaka couldn't drop 30 point game after game like Amar'e before his back injury). Amar'e has a lot to prove this season and so does this entire team.

I can't wait.

CA7

Scoring Champ
We'll have 2 of the top 25 players in the league since Chandler and Carmelo both made it to the top 25 Chandler will likely be in the 20-25 range while Carmelo will be 10-20

New New York

Quiet Storm
We'll have 2 of the top 25 players in the league since Chandler and Carmelo both made it to the top 25 Chandler will likely be in the 20-25 range while Carmelo will be 10-20

Despite his poor season Stat should have been 25....a 12 spot plunge is fair....43 is exaggerated.

Reactions: CA7

CA7

Scoring Champ
Despite his poor season Stat should have been 25....a 12 spot plunge is fair....43 is exaggerated.

I guarantee is Carmelo averages 25/8 shooting 50% and Amar'e averages 20/10 shooting 55% and both played great D they'd still not be top 10 players, ESPN hates the Knicks

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I guarantee is Carmelo averages 25/8 shooting 50% and Amar'e averages 20/10 shooting 55% and both played great D they'd still not be top 10 players, ESPN hates the Knicks

Melo is not gonna average 8 rebounds with camby kidd and chandler on the team. And potentially kmart. Of course kidd isn't gonna get alot of rebounds but because of his size and craftyness he's sure the get some

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo is not gonna average 8 rebounds with camby kidd and chandler on the team. And potentially kmart. Of course kidd isn't gonna get alot of rebounds but because of his size and craftyness he's sure the get some

Melo can get 8 a game he rarely crashes and gets 6 imagine putting in 100% effort our team was a poor rebounding team last year so I can def see our rebound splits like

Chandler- 9
Stoudemire- 8
Anthony- 8
Camby- 7

remember some guys will get nights off

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo at #17 **** outta here, its cool him and STAT better find some extra motivation in this mockery, hell they need to be motivated period

KingCharles34

All Star
Stats a little too high in my opinion, he should be borderline top 50

What the f*ck? Melo at 17?

BSPN strikes again, f*ck them if they aint feelin us
icon8.gif

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I know players don't like to pay attention to the media cause its all BS but i sure hope Melo saw this.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Melo at 17 makes sense because he had a god awful first half and a great second half. Melo at his best is top 10, at his worst top 25. It balances out I guess.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo at 17 makes sense because he had a god awful first half and a great second half. Melo at his best is top 10, at his worst top 25. It balances out I guess.

Its funny All-NBA 3rd team and he's the 17th best player in the league, according to the votes for All-NBA he was #12