ESPN Player Rankings

Kiyaman

Legend
What u say?

Making him out to be something he's not

I seen ISO-Melo consistently score in an uptempo system in Denver for years. And when the playoffs came almost every year his team dealt with injuries even in New York. He played like **** some of the times but thats what happen when you dont have a legit #2 option.

And what do you mean I'm clueless to why management added so many playoff experienced veterans. I cant judge how our team looks until I see them play, did that last year and was completely wrong.

What I do know is Carmelo was used properly under Woodson and we seen the player he can be. He score efficiently, rebounded, got teammates involved, defended and was a leader on the court. If we get that Carmelo all year in my eyes he's a top 5 player why? because thats more than Durant or Dirk do, guys who only score yet are top 2 and top 10 players but Carmelo isn't. Its bull**** the way the media spins this ****. Blake Griffin top 10, Deron Williams shot 41% and was on a lottery team and is top 10, come on Kiya you know the media and some fan bases are highly under rating him. Was his a bum most of last year yes, was he hurt most of last year, STAT was hurt, Chandler got sick in the playoffs, Novak couldn't get open, Baron and Shump went down but EVERYTHING BAD THAT HAPPEN WAS CARMELO'S FAULT.

I'm sick of hearing that bull**** from people and I know he will prove to be a team player, consistent scorer, rebounder and defender. And our team will step up but I wont make assumptions about team success because we still dont know how we're going to look on the court.

Thats some insight for ya ass :gony:

I can see it never dawn on u to wonder why Melo's teammates always came down with a case of injuries when postseason arrive (Denver & New York) .. or why Melo demanded to be traded from an organization that wanted to give him the same amount of money as Kobe Bryant ($24M per).

I don't know how Melo act after he won the NCAA championship for Syracuse, but being picked 3rd in the draft, and never making it pass the first round, until player/coach Chuancey Billups won over all the Nuggets players (same as Lin-Sanity did in 25 games in New York) .. proves Melo has issues with his teammates .. same as Marbury, which cancel Melo out as being any NBA team role "Leadership-Player".... If Melo had the skills that Lebron or Durant have Melo wouldve been to the FINALS when he had Camby/Nene/K-Mart/and Iverson on his roster.

The Knicks having a full season under Headcoach Mike Woodson philosophy with PG-Kidd & F/C-Camby by his side .. I will make the assumption for u on the Knicks team success in the 2012-13 season .. Atlantic Division Title...
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
I think you can win a championship with Melo.

The problem is, to do it, Melo needs to score 35. We just won't be that competitive in games where Melo isn't scoring well.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You said the same thing the season before.

Melo can't be compared to Dirk or Durant. These guy's lead their teams to the Finals, Dirk won a championship with one of the most amazing playoff performances of all time. Dirk takes difficult shots and make them at a much higher percentage than Melo. Durant is just 23 and will eventually appear in the Finals basically as many times as he chooses. Durant's ability go beyond the numbers actually when you think about it. A 6"11 SG/SF/PF Hybrid who can score from anywhere efficiently and get to the FT line with overall ability and can play off the ball. He's just on another level.

and Deron Williams is underrated. He's been neck and neck with Chris Paul (even though Paul is better) but Deron made Utah relevant and is the perfect blend between scoring, passing and defense. Respect his game and we know for certain Knicks would of been a better overall team led by Deron over Melo.

This post is spot on.

KingCharles34

All Star
I believe both Durant and DWill are better all around players then Carmelo is but I believe Dirk has dropped after last year. Carmelo vs Dirk is a coin toss in my opinion, but if Carmelo wants to have a great legacy he will have make sure this is no longer any debate by the all star break.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
You said the same thing the season before.

Melo can't be compared to Dirk or Durant. These guy's lead their teams to the Finals, Dirk won a championship with one of the most amazing playoff performances of all time. Dirk takes difficult shots and make them at a much higher percentage than Melo. Durant is just 23 and will eventually appear in the Finals basically as many times as he chooses. Durant's ability go beyond the numbers actually when you think about it. A 6"11 SG/SF/PF Hybrid who can score from anywhere efficiently and get to the FT line with overall ability and can play off the ball. He's just on another level.

and Deron Williams is underrated. He's been neck and neck with Chris Paul (even though Paul is better) but Deron made Utah relevant and is the perfect blend between scoring, passing and defense. Respect his game and we know for certain Knicks would of been a better overall team led by Deron over Melo.

This is a good post. I was gonna write something around these boundaries.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I was kinda surprised at Melo being at 16 I believe. We have a similar thread like this at the Heat forum and chris Bosh is actually one spot below Melo. But despite Carmelo's woeful PO record (which is probably being held against him) he should to be a bit higher. But of course seeing the whole list would help

Kiyaman

Legend
Carmelo vs Dirk is a coin toss in my opinion

Aight .. the best star-closer to compare Melo on par with would be Dirk.

Three years ago, u couldnt convince me that Dirk would win a championship ring in his NBA career unless u had a gun to my head.. until owner Cuban stepped-up his game to hire coach Rick Carlisle, and trade for Tyson Chandler then I was convince there was a possibility in Dallas having outstanding-chemistry from "Kidd, Terry, Butler, and Marion".

The Knicks have millions of fans outside of New York, and sometime these fans like to exaggerate. If Melo wasnt a Knicks u couldnt get one Knicks fan to believe that Melo's top skills were on par with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Pierce, Durant, or Shuttleworth.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
with felton, kidd, novak on the perimeter, i think melo will be able to take more quality shots than what he had to force last season with a thin bench with inconsistent perimeter shooting and poor spacing

KingCharles34

All Star
Aight .. the best star-closer to compare Melo on par with would be Dirk.

Three years ago, u couldnt convince me that Dirk would win a championship ring in his NBA career unless u had a gun to my head.. until owner Cuban stepped-up his game to hire coach Rick Carlisle, and trade for Tyson Chandler then I was convince there was a possibility in Dallas having outstanding-chemistry from "Kidd, Terry, Butler, and Marion".

The Knicks have millions of fans outside of New York, and sometime these fans like to exaggerate. If Melo wasnt a Knicks u couldnt get one Knicks fan to believe that Melo's top skills were on par with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Pierce, Durant, or Shuttleworth.

Im not 100% sure but it seems like you agree with me. Let me just say again this only has to do with the fact that Dirk didnt do sh*t to impress me last year. He came in out of shape, under achieved all year. They still had a good team even without chandler, maybe not a championship team but the way i see it they underachieved and got raped by the Thunder in the playoffs.

Skip Bayless said Carmelo Anthony is a top 5 player in the NBA
I hate that guy....he doesnt know sh*t about boxing