Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the the Countdown begin....

Hybrid View

Default Let the the Countdown begin....

We have 6 weeks until the start of training camp. That's, at most, 42 days until we find out who our back up PF will be.

Since 42 happens to be the magic number, today is David Lee Appreciation Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh I don't think acquiring a back-up PF is really a necessity. I mean Melo is going to need burn at PF as well. We have Novak who can play both SF-PF and we have Kurt Thomas, who isn't as good as he used to but he can still ball.

Default thread starter extraordinaire

hey man, what's up with starting threads for every thought you have? they're not bad, but they're
    clogging up the forum. what if we started a JaYnYcE thread just for you, so everyone can know
    what you're thinking and watching each and every day? of course i'm being facetious (and maybe a dick),
    but c'mon now, give the other threads a chance.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    hey man, what's up with starting threads for every thought you have? they're not bad, but they're
    clogging up the forum. what if we started a JaYnYcE thread just for you, so everyone can know
    what you're thinking and watching each and every day? of course i'm being facetious (and maybe a dick),
    but c'mon now, give the other threads a chance.
    There are no other threads because any thread that is similar to another in the eyes of you moderators it gets merged into the "player performace" thread of one of our players and i think that is completely subjective. A thread about melo can be started not having anything to do with his player performance but will get merged into that thread when jt doesn't need to be there. I think that makes our forum look boring because there would never be new threads for visitors.

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    There are no other threads because any thread that is similar to another in the eyes of you moderators it gets merged into the "player performace" thread of one of our players and i think that is completely subjective. A thread about melo can be started not having anything to do with his player performance but will get merged into that thread when jt doesn't need to be there. I think that makes our forum look boring because there would never be new threads for visitors.
    So is that why you only have 43 posts in 6 years

Your average is worse than Fred Jones'

On a side note I hate merging everything together, performance threads should be for facts and analysis while opinionated threads or comparison threads should be free reign

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    So is that why you only have 43 posts in 6 years

Your average is worse than Fred Jones'

On a side note I hate merging everything together, performance threads should be for facts and analysis while opinionated threads or comparison threads should be free reign
    Woooooow fred jones though. I try not to post to much and live in the real world but my posting is becoming more frequent.

Thumbs up Sticky mess all over my computer.

Originally Posted by CA7
    I hate merging everything together, performance threads should be for facts and analysis while opinionated threads or comparison threads should be free reign
    I agree.

- Good threads deserve their own place, and shouldn't get 'swept under the bed'. It's silly. Why throw them in a maze?

- You'd have to add a link to the page within an actual thread to stop others from getting lost in the poo pile while conversing about an individual.

- We'll have nigh on 15 stickies clogging the main forum with all these news and player threads. I thought we wanted it to look more organised? Not more f*cked!

- How many of those stickies will get like 1 or 2 posts a week and just sit there dormant? Novak's? Woodson's (hopefully not)? Brewer's?

- People will miss up to date information if they don't actively look for it within the maze. Duh!

- Other threads, if they make enough noise, should be kept separate. Less popular/heavy traffic threads can just get thrown in to the mess. But they'll eventually get pushed on to the next page of threads anyway, so there's really no point. They can get picked up later if necessary, and they'll be 10x easier to find.

IMO, the only threads that should be stickies are the super heavy traffic threads - Melo's is probably the only one that'll make that grade - Roll Call - GT schedule - and really, really good posts - and incredibly hot topics - again, the Melo thread maybe the STAT thread.

MAX 5 STICKIES.

The whole thing wasn't thought out very well from the get go. Wasn't a democratic vote either.

I say NAY! 10+ stickies is gay.

I didn't mean to offend.

Can't wait to get the season going. It's nice not to have to worry about a lockout this year

Number 41, Neal Walk. We appreciate you.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Not sure if you're calling this thread irrelevant or not but in my defense I figured having a daily countdown till training camp is relevant.

I do agree that theres been a little too much merging and over moderating but thats just my opinion and its nothing against the mods, i love all them. We got the best mods we ever had on here and thats 100% undeniable fact.

Happy Kurt Thomas Appreciation Day! Let's wish Kurt a great season!

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Happy Kurt Thomas Appreciation Day! Let's wish Kurt a great season!
    i'm surprised this isn't a new thread. hey man, make as many threads as you want; if new threads for each and every thought is what makes KO unique to the majority of posters here, then so be it.

Happy Patrick Ewing Appreciation day. There is 33 days left until training camp!!!!