Excluding Amar'e, who is the Knicks' X factor for 12-13.

Excluding STAT's biggest upcoming season ever, who's the BIG X?

• Total voters

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I can't see the poll from my phone but I'd vote for Iman if he's up there. Every great team needs one to two lockdown defenders. I don't expect him to be the same player he once was in January, but I would hope he could provide some sort of a defensive spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
A motivated Raymond Felton is easily the x-Factor to me, if him and Carmelo can mesh well & Raymond can play his role and maybe even give us HALF of what he delivered in 2010 we will be a problem out in the Eastern Conference.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ronnie Brewer

Ronnie Brewer .. without question

Brewers talent & skills under coach Sloan & Thib matches up with all 3 of our PG .. Kidd/Felton/Pablo

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Ronnie Brewer .. without question

Brewers talent & skills under coach Sloan & Thib matches up with all 3 of our PG .. Kidd/Felton/Pablo

I agree with this to a small degree. But Brewer doesn't really profile as an 'X' factor. Out of all the offseason moves, he has the least amount of question marks, you know your going to get the pesky defense and high motor.

The X factor always has that potential to be all or nothing. I chose Felton, but him and JR profile perfectly for the X factor role. Such high talent at times and other instances leaving you scratching your head. If Felton can pick up some chemistry with Melo that he has with the rest of our front court and keep our offensive flow he will send this team to an ECF battle.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
gotta go with ray, he was our x factor pre melo and flat out was motivated when he played in ny. emerged as our 2nd option behind amare and had a young inexperienced gallo and chandler by his side. we lost some and won some, and he did go on a slump for a while. then when he got shipped out, he looked lost and unwilling to give it his all with his changing roles on different teams.

i feel ray has shown like he wants to play again and already started losing weight. he will now be our 3rd option now with a gunner in melo and amare above him to take away late game pressures. and i expect him to be open alot now with melo going to work and seeing double teams and ray can hit those shots from outside.

felton.jpg

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
From a team and fan perspective: Felton. At least he needs to be one and he certainly seems motivated to be so with many fans saying he was a downgrade and such. Doubters/haters are the best fuel for motivation. From a team perspective, next to Melo and stat he'll be next biggest factor as a PG bc he has so many options to go to. If he can pick the right passes and develop team chemistry with us I don't see anyone stopping us on offense.

Need to see a preseason game or two. I can speculate how the team should play...but i have to see what coach is going to do...as far as offense and the iso.
Will he mix it up a bit now that he has more to work with? Remains to be seen....

KingCharles34

All Star
To me, an X factor is someone who your not really sure what your gonna get from them, which i why I c/s this thread excluding Amare. I have no idea if hes gonna be even slower then last year or if hes gonna contribute alot while staying healthy.

I believe Felton will be just like he was 2 years ago but I can also see while some would doubt him after last year. He could and probably should be the 3rd biggest contributor on this team statistically speaking. The 3rd leading scorer as well.

Shumpert...well he got some experience last year, he probably only played around 50 or 55 games and time off the court will slow down his development. How long will it take him to get where he was once he gets back, and can he improve upon that?

If Shumpert didnt get hurt I would probably give him more consideration here. But i think that Felton has a chance to do more for us and while I expect him to do well, i could see reason for some doubt after last year. But because i believe Felton is capable of more Im gonna have to go with Ray Ray

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
To me, an X factor is someone who your not really sure what your gonna get from them, which i why I c/s this thread excluding Amare. I have no idea if hes gonna be even slower then last year or if hes gonna contribute alot while staying healthy.

I believe Felton will be just like he was 2 years ago but I can also see while some would doubt him after last year. He could and probably should be the 3rd biggest contributor on this team statistically speaking. The 3rd leading scorer as well.

Shumpert...well he got some experience last year, he probably only played around 50 or 55 games and time off the court will slow down his development. How long will it take him to get where he was once he gets back, and can he improve upon that?

If Shumpert didnt get hurt I would probably give him more consideration here. But i think that Felton has a chance to do more for us and while I expect him to do well, i could see reason for some doubt after last year. But because i believe Felton is capable of more Im gonna have to go with Ray Ray

I gotta agree with this. Its gonna be between Shump and Felton, IMO. They've both got the talent to be the third best player on this Knicks team in terms of overall production. Right now, I'm leaning towards Felton since Shump will be coming off an ACL injury. Plus, he's going to be the starting PG (?), he will have the ball in his hands most of the time.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree with this to a small degree. But Brewer doesn't really profile as an 'X' factor. Out of all the offseason moves, he has the least amount of question marks, you know your going to get the pesky defense and high motor.

The X factor always has that potential to be all or nothing. I chose Felton, but him and JR profile perfectly for the X factor role. Such high talent at times and other instances leaving you scratching your head. If Felton can pick up some chemistry with Melo that he has with the rest of our front court and keep our offensive flow he will send this team to an ECF battle.

I too, wouldve selected JR.Smith or Felton as an X-factor for reason of being known as inconsistent questionable players .. having HOF Jason Kidd to run our guard-rotation for coach Woody, I see Felton performing more as a combo-guard in the rotation (replacing Shumpert), especially when Kidd gets PG-Prig-Pablo up to speed with the team.
JR.Smith career has always been a 20 minute player off the bench.

The Knicks X-Factor the past two seasons were SG-Landry Fields performance as a starter/finisher .. Fields played extremely well for a rookie and 2nd season player without Carmelo Anthony in his lineup.

The 2012-13 season will depend a lot on Brewer's performance as a starter/finisher to co-exist with Carmelo Anthony in a lineup.
Making Brewer's type of SG skills the X-Factor .. being a different type of SG talent from what Carmelo Anthony had in his 9 year career in the NBA.
Brewers SG style could be compared to SG-Bell or SG-Kittles (Amare/Kidd ex-teammates) .. all-defense with quick running layups, or 15 foot jumper SG.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I too, wouldve selected JR.Smith or Felton as an X-factor for reason of being known as inconsistent questionable players .. having HOF Jason Kidd to run our guard-rotation for coach Woody, I see Felton performing more as a combo-guard in the rotation (replacing Shumpert), especially when Kidd gets PG-Prig-Pablo up to speed with the team.
JR.Smith career has always been a 20 minute player off the bench.

The Knicks X-Factor the past two seasons were SG-Landry Fields performance as a starter/finisher .. Fields played extremely well for a rookie and 2nd season player without Carmelo Anthony in his lineup.

The 2012-13 season will depend a lot on Brewer's performance as a starter/finisher to co-exist with Carmelo Anthony in a lineup.
Making Brewer's type of SG skills the X-Factor .. being a different type of SG talent from what Carmelo Anthony had in his 9 year career in the NBA.
Brewers SG style could be compared to SG-Bell or SG-Kittles (Amare/Kidd ex-teammates) .. all-defense with quick running layups, or 15 foot jumper SG.

Every now and again, you find a golden Kiya nugget.

If Kidd can play the way he did during the Mavs championship run rather than the way he played last season that would really be a big boost... especially as a potential backup pg

metrocard

Legend
Jason Kidd.

Knick's biggest weakness probably in the entire decade of our failure has been passing and turnovers.

We get one of the all time greats. Not in prime ability, but he still has skills.

I believe we'll rely on Jason Kidd more than we like to believe. He was legit the 2nd best player on Dallas, an elite team in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jason Kidd.

Knick's biggest weakness probably in the entire decade of our failure has been passing and turnovers.

We get one of the all time greats. Not in prime ability, but he still has skills.

I believe we'll rely on Jason Kidd more than we like to believe. He was legit the 2nd best player on Dallas, an elite team in the NBA.

I am looking for coach Woody to make HOF PG-Jason Kidd into our assistant-coach at running/orchestrating our guard-rotation as a player/coach this 2012-13 season.

I give all the 35+ age players big-props for competing in the 2011-12 crazy-game schedual.
Dallas owner Cuban made a big mistake by not offering PG-Berea & C-Chandler a sweet 1 year deal for a short 2011-12 season to defend their Championship.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I am going to go with JR Smith lol. He has the tools to be a game changers as Pete just mentioned. The big thing is I think he will come into his own under Mike Woodson. It is going to be hard to keep him out of the game down the stretch due to his ability to play hard D against the opponents top scorer and stretch the court. I think he is going to average around 16 4 3 which will put him in the running for 6th man of the year and 55 plus wins for the home team:2cents:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
It has to be Felton. I don't believe anyone can back on Kidd playing a crap load of minutes at this juncture of his career. The Knicks will need someone to take control when Kidd isn't on the court. A motivated and much slimmer Felton ill expect. But Excluding Amare, I'd pick Ray. But Jr and the others named can be picked as well but Raymond will make the biggest difference

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I voted Felton because he's in the prime age of his career and plays the position which has been shaky for us over the last 20 years.