Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuban Smokes Kidd

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Cuban also said the Mavs were in a better position without Deron Williams... correct me if i'm wrong here but why the hell would you try so hard to sign Deron with Dallas in the off-season if you thought you were better off without him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yea, that is just plain moronic. What it does is allow you the cap space to assess more players to see if they're worth keeping. Williams gives you a 1a and 1b. Their goal all along, after allowing the championship team to walk was to get in on Deron or Dwight to add around Dirk. Deron failed, Dwight is close to another fail.

Originally Posted by New New York
    This shows us why owners are hypocrites!!!

You trade a player and you tell them "it's just part of the buisness" but when player chooses to leave he's not loyal!!!

I hate how Dwight and Lebron and (Melo for that matter) handled leaving their teams yet each of them would have been traded for better deals

Cuban didnt trade Nash or Chandler but where was his "loyalty" to them when it came down to their extensions? He wanted to get DWill and/or Dwight so he let Chandler (probably second most significant player to your title run) go

Wanted to get younger so Nash was let go to get Jason Terry and Erik Dampier

Cuban needs to get over it sooner than later!!!
    This is spot on.

Veteran

Originally Posted by jafet6
    well jason kidd was steling money from him! all of this year just like he will do to the knicks he was good when he was in nets but the last 3-4 season he has been less than average except on D! but las year he was just playing like ****jeremy one handed lin torched him! imagine that! Derek fisher last year helped more than him!

Cuban owe Kidd bigtime .. there was no-way the Mavs were ever going to make it to the Finals with-out Kidd's strong leadership, and coach Rick Carlisle getting on the same-page with Kidd. FA Shawn Marion join the Mavs for the sake of playing with Kidd again. Rick Carlisle pulled strings of getting the missing-piece to the Mavs roster by trading for the Bobcats center Tyson Chandler.

Cuban paying Dirk all that money in 2010 is left with Dirk loyalty to fill the seats in American Airlines arena in Dallas .. Cuban showed no loyalty toward Tyson Chandler and Barea who wanted to stay Mavs. When Cuban went after Odom's contract in a trade, that really made Mavs players see Cuban soldout the Mavs future in a repeat to the Finals .. Cuban's loyalty to a championship roster for a repeat in a short 66 game season comes first.

I still believe it was Tyson Chandler who recruited Kidd to New York under Mark Cuban nose .. Tyson Chandler knows HOF Kidd's strong leadership as a player/coach is what coach Woodson need to have great success from Stat & Melo individual performance.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Cuban owe Kidd bigtime .. there was no-way the Mavs were ever going to make it to the Finals with-out Kidd's strong leadership, and coach Rick Carlisle getting on the same-page with Kidd. FA Shawn Marion join the Mavs for the sake of playing with Kidd again. Rick Carlisle pulled strings of getting the missing-piece to the Mavs roster by trading for the Bobcats center Tyson Chandler.

Cuban paying Dirk all that money in 2010 is left with Dirk loyalty to fill the seats in American Airlines arena in Dallas .. Cuban showed no loyalty toward Tyson Chandler and Barea who wanted to stay Mavs. When Cuban went after Odom's contract in a trade, that really made Mavs players see Cuban soldout the Mavs future in a repeat to the Finals .. Cuban's loyalty to a championship roster for a repeat in a short 66 game season comes first.

I still believe it was Tyson Chandler who recruited Kidd to New York under Mark Cuban nose .. Tyson Chandler knows HOF Kidd's strong leadership as a player/coach is what coach Woodson need to have great success from Stat & Melo individual performance.
    24 million over 3 years, not enough? Kidd was in the 2nd year of that last contract with the Mavs. Would not be surprised if Tyson got in Kidd's ear after Deron's decision. In order to get Tyson, the Mavs had to be rebuffed by Lebron, Bosh, and Joe Johnson. Mavs at the time held a 12 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Erick Dampier, and tried to parlay that into a sign and trade for those 3. When that failed, they saved the Bobcats some cash, by taking Chandler. Marion also signed with the Mavs because the Mavs had an 8 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Jerry Stackhouse, whom they parlayed in a sign and trade for Marion...for nothing. Cuban maybe unloyal, but he knows the CBA in and out and is not afraid to benefit from it. He even tried to get Kidd to agree to that 3rd year contract to be unguaranteed.....shrewd.

Lets fa e it. Texas is a bellish desert filled with ignorant racists. Kidd couldnt wait to get out. He gave a verbal to cuban which is shady but the knicks is nyc where everyone wants to play thats not a moron (lebron).

^ I agree

Kidd made the right choice, hes coming to a great city and he fits in better on our team then he ever did in DallAss trash

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    24 million over 3 years, not enough? Kidd was in the 2nd year of that last contract with the Mavs. Would not be surprised if Tyson got in Kidd's ear after Deron's decision. In order to get Tyson, the Mavs had to be rebuffed by Lebron, Bosh, and Joe Johnson. Mavs at the time held a 12 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Erick Dampier, and tried to parlay that into a sign and trade for those 3. When that failed, they saved the Bobcats some cash, by taking Chandler. Marion also signed with the Mavs because the Mavs had an 8 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Jerry Stackhouse, whom they parlayed in a sign and trade for Marion...for nothing. Cuban maybe unloyal, but he knows the CBA in and out and is not afraid to benefit from it. He even tried to get Kidd to agree to that 3rd year contract to be unguaranteed.....shrewd.

Cuban let the CBA call his shots .. Cuban didnt show any effort in keeping 80% of his championship roster together for a short 66 game season .. plus that championship roster wanted another season together.

Dolan didnt let the CBA stop him from handing Tyson Chandler a 4 yr contract at $48M.

Kidd made a wiser decision than Nash....until Dwight joined Nash in LA

Cuban used to not be shy about spending money. Theres a cba but he could just pay luxury tax. I wonder if hes having money problems. Maybe deron and dwight asked for too much. Maybe dirk will want out soon. Trade amare for dirk? Lol jk.

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    Cuban used to not be shy about spending money. Theres a cba but he could just pay luxury tax. I wonder if hes having money problems. Maybe deron and dwight asked for too much. Maybe dirk will want out soon. Trade amare for dirk? Lol jk.
    Yea he used to be free-spending, willy nilly, but now there is some tightening of the belt straps, but I think he's just a shrewd dude, so he will not be splish splashing anything.

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    He could care less about the cash. It's the player acquisition restrictions, over the tax, no sign and trades are possible. You get only 3.3 million to blow. He didn't want to lock himself out of getting players down the line. For example this offseason, he was able to score OJ Mayo for 4 million on a one year deal, because the market ran out of cash. What was Mayo looking for 3 years 24 million. He's set himself up for another run at the market next summer....who knows, Collison and Mayo light up the league and then he will.....resign them?

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    He could care less about the cash. It's the player acquisition restrictions, over the tax, no sign and trades are possible. You get only 3.3 million to blow. He didn't want to lock himself out of getting players down the line. For example this offseason, he was able to score OJ Mayo for 4 million on a one year deal, because the market ran out of cash. What was Mayo looking for 3 years 24 million. He's set himself up for another run at the market next summer....who knows, Collison and Mayo light up the league and then he will.....resign them?
    Yea he's in a good position with Dallas because he can ride the team he has right now for a few more winning seasons even if he doesn't find opportunity to splash the cash.

They missed out on Deron but he's in a good situation and he's not committed to any players just for the sake of committing the big bucks.

Dirk is durable and I see him playing at a high level for maybe the next 5 years. He will not put up the 20 points maybe, but the guy is 7 feet and can drain the snake.

Dallas prognosis: good things

Veteran

I used to like Cuba back in the day because he showed passion for the game. Now I think he's getting too much face time in the media and his image is starting to take a hit. It probably is a Texas thing. I don't know whoes craving more attention Cuba or Jerry Jones. As long as Cuba dosen't start rapping about pizza in commercials I still hold a lil respect for him. As far as Kid goes....he of all people should know that this is a biz, I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is look like the whining Dan Gilbert.