View Poll Results: Who has more to prove in 2012/2013?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • STAT

27 87.10%
  • FELTON

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Who has more to prove this season?

Hybrid View

Nyk Logo Who has more to prove this season?

Who has more to prove this upcoming season?

Amare Stoudemire

Once the prince of NYC sports, STAT is coming off his worst year as a pro and needs to prove to this fanbase that he is worth the money being paid to him.

His previous back injury, the lockout, short training camp, condensed season and brother's death have all been well documented. However, this is a results-based city with high expectations, especially for a player who once proclaimed "NY is back". The arrival of Melo and birth of Linsanity has taken most of the spotlight off him (rightfully so) and has even caused questions about his ability to compete at a high level for 48 minutes.

STAT has been connecting with his fans tweeting and posting media all summer showing everyone how hard he's been working to come back better than ever. This is certainly great news, but then we get back to those two connecting words that mean so much around these parts... RESULTS-BASED.

OR

Raymond Felton

Once the co-leader for a rejuvinated knicks squad, Felton has fallen from grace as a result of lack of motivation and fitness issues. Felton, with the help of STAT, became a top pg in the EC and showed everyone what he could do when allowed to be more agressive and free in the MDA system.

Being traded to Denver didn't sit well with Felton, plus going from starter to reserve made things worse. While the team was having success, Felton eventually lost his edge with the change of scenery and soon became an "average" pg again. The eventual trade to POR didn't help matters either as he constantly had issues with the coach, resulting in fluctuating minutes.

Felton is now back where he wants to be and plans to show everyone that he isn't a downgrade from the short lived Linsanity or an out of shape "average" pg who can only thrive in a fast pased system. Lin is a worldwide phenomenon and Felton has become the guy that replaced him, which is a tough spot to be in. This carries a lot of pressure even though Felton has way more experience and put up similar numbers in his previous stint with the Knicks.

Bottom line is Felton is young enough to get another valuable payday at the end of his contract. This will be his last opportunity to prove he can lead this ready-to-win-now Knicks team and convince the league that he is a true "above average" starting PG with all-star potential.

Begin.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

I would say its about 70% Amare 30% Riverside Ray.

Amare has more to prove because of the contract he has.

Ray has alot to prove because this is pretty much his last chance to shine in a starting role as a pg on a championship caliber team.

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    I would say its about 70% Amare 30% Riverside Ray.

Amare has more to prove because of the contract he has.

Ray has alot to prove because this is pretty much his last chance to shine in a starting role as a pg on a championship caliber team.
    I totally agree. I also think you can make a case for both when you factor in the Linsanity shoes Ray has to fill, unfortunately.

Exclamation

The guy sitting on the 100 Mill Contract

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    The guy sitting on the 100 Mill Contract
    whoa-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Easily Stat...I can understand Rays situation, he was on a bum team and alotta players had their problems last year with the shortened season. Stat on the other hand was on a playoff last year and he had one of his worst years.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I totally agree. I also think you can make a case for both when you factor in the Linsanity shoes Ray has to fill, unfortunately.

Damn I almost forgot good point on the Lin ****. People are gonna start yapping about Lin the second he has a bad game. Even though the guy was a turnover machine. As long as he is feeding Melo and Amare the assist should pile up. I look for him to also return with the same chip on his shoulder he had during the first run with the Knicks

I still think Felton is a scrub until he proves me wrong.

Key to success is Amare playing like a beast. Esp when he tried to fight the fire extinguisher. If he sucks this year. everyone will be calling for his head.

If Felton sucks everybody will just say "I told you so"

STAT, I don't think Felton has to prove anything.

We know what Felton is and he will do for us, anything extra is a great bonus.

STAT is the superstar coming off a disappointing season. STAT has to come in and dunk nuts on everyone.

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    I still think Felton is a scrub until he proves me wrong.
    I guess you weren't paying attention to the knicks when Felton was the starting PG.

Superstar

Melo has more to prove for the fact that after how he was arguably the best player in the olympics and every prominent pick in his draft class having a ring now except him so that alot of pressure. amare on the other hand has very little to prove simply because expectationsfor him have been lowered and standards as well. If plays like last its what we all expect. Understand we hope him to have a bounce back year but don't expect that. Ifhe has a big year then he played above expectations. Melo is my choice for most to prove

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Melo has more to prove for the fact that after how he was arguably the best player in the olympics and every prominent pick in his draft class having a ring now except him so that alot of pressure. amare on the other hand has very little to prove simply because expectationsfor him have been lowered and standards as well. If plays like last its what we all expect. Understand we hope him to have a bounce back year but don't expect that. Ifhe has a big year then he played above expectations. Melo is my choice for most to prove
    LeBron and Bosh would not have rings if they didn't run to Miami, every one else signed for cheap and the NBA didn't guide them too it

Darko did **** for his ring

Carmelo only has to prove he can be a leader, score, rebound and defend more efficiently and play off of the ball a little more to let STAT get his off. And maybe get out into transition a little more to get some easy buckets. Win a title or not if he performs at a high level and gives it every once of energy he's got for the rest of his career Carmelo will be fine ring or not. LeBron will forever be known as the bitch who needed a stacked team to win a title