View Poll Results: Who has more to prove in 2012/2013?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • STAT

27 87.10%
  • FELTON

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who has more to prove this season?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Stat & Felton names does not belong in the poll.
    Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
    Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

Melo has not prove anything in two seasons in NY
    JR Smith 30 minutes of playingtime has proved nothing as a Knicks
    I have to respectfully disagree. Stat and Felton have nothing to prove?? Why do you think STAT has been posting pics and videos of him working out? He knows he was trash last season and wants to PROVE to everyone that he is the same dominant player from 2 years ago.

Felton has PLENTY to prove to the people (media included) that desperately wanted Lin back. He also has to prove that he can lead this team and get the Melo/Amare tandem working. Knicks let Lin go and decided to go with Felton, so he has A LOT to prove and plenty of pressure that comes with it. I'm sure he can handle it though.

Melo proved that he is still a lethal scorer.
    Melo proved that he is damn near unguardable at the 4.
    Melo proved that he can be as clutch in NY as he was in DEN.(see CHI game)

Last season was hampered by subpar pg play, injurues and lousy coaching. If Melo was able to get us past MIA by himself he'd be the best player on the planet.

nyk_nyk, i want to point out melo has been posting just as many vids and pics of himself working out. He feels that he has something to prove.

The truth is they all have something to prove; who has the most? I am unsure.

Felton had his body, toughness and heart questioned. That's incredibly hard to take and I'm sure that he's got as big of a chip on his shoulder as anyone this season.

Melo has to prove he can perform in NY, in the playoffs and lead the team to WINS not just points.

STAT has to prove that he can handle his emotions (fire extinguisher), evolve his offensive game, Play defense, find spacing on the floor, and get some athleticism back. Out of the three I'd say he has the biggest hill to climb and the highest expectations (especially after the PR with hakeem and the twitter incident).

I said Felton orginially because he was DNP doghouse status in protland but i think i'd vote that STAT has the most to prove.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Why do you even bother posting here, all you post is negative rubbish. AND you always HAVE to go against what everyone is saying. Your hate for certain players overrides and logic or reason in your post and I doubt anyone takes you seriously here.

u are one of the poster that need to STFU and just read, stop sharing your non-team opinion.
    The Knicks won 11 of the season final 16 games off the strength of Tyson/Novak/Fields/Shump/and Davis defensive-stops in the final quarter.

So what Iso-Melo was the high scorer in the final 16 games, the ball was in his hands on every offensive possession, but it was Novak peremeter shooting in the 4th quarter that hurt our oponents chances to win.

Veteran

All of them have something to prove, Melo has to get his teammates clicking. Amare needs to work on his defensive awareness and chemistry with Tyson and Melo. Felton and Kidd just have to facilitate but it’ll be nice if both of them stepped up their defense and energy. Everyone else just needs to create spacing, concentrate on their defense, and stay active. Their offense will become automatic if they just play with some heart and a sense of urgency.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I have to respectfully disagree. Stat and Felton have nothing to prove?? Why do you think STAT has been posting pics and videos of him working out? He knows he was trash last season and wants to PROVE to everyone that he is the same dominant player from 2 years ago.

Felton has PLENTY to prove to the people (media included) that desperately wanted Lin back. He also has to prove that he can lead this team and get the Melo/Amare tandem working. Knicks let Lin go and decided to go with Felton, so he has A LOT to prove and plenty of pressure that comes with it. I'm sure he can handle it though.

Melo proved that he is still a lethal scorer. (with no-defense)
    Melo proved that he is damn near unguardable at the 4. (vs mediocre PF)
    Melo proved that he can be as clutch in NY as he was in DEN.(see CHI game) what about the playoffs

Last season was hampered by subpar pg play, injurues and lousy coaching. If Melo was able to get us past MIA by himself he'd be the best player on the planet.
    The Knicks number 1 important thing to prove ....
    Melo & Stat has to prove they can CO-EXIST as teammates

Stat co-existed with 75% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
    Melo co-existed with 0% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
    Stat's career high scoring average of 22 pts at 53% FGA -vs-
    Melo career high scoring average of 24 pts at 45% FGA
    Every Knicks offensive-play went through ISO-Melo first ..
    Stat was lucky to receive the ball 1 time out of every 5 offensive possession since the arrival of Melo.
    Are u sure Stat has more to prove than Melo?

As for Felton, in the past 7 yrs there were few teams in the East with a dominating winning backcourt tandem .. Piston/Celtics/and Lebron Cavs

Felton got his individual PG game handed to him on a silver-plater by the backcourt tandems in the Western Conference the past two seasons (embarrassed)
    Felton's 6 yr career in the East as an individual PG was not ready to go against the Western Conference best backcourt combination night after night after night with an individual SG Crawford as a backcourt teammate LOL .. It was funny watching Felton's Portland Blazers go against OKC/Lakers/Mavs/Grizz/Spurs/Clippers/Nuggets/Minny/and GS guards rotation.

The Knicks adding starter guards in Kidd & Brewer to the guard rotation automatically improves Felton's all-around talent as a guard. Knicks- Kidd/Felton/Brewer/Shump with Kidd running the show...

u are one of the poster that need to STFU and just read, stop sharing your non-team opinion.
    The Knicks won 11 of the season final 16 games off the strength of Tyson/Novak/Fields/Shump/and Davis defensive-stops in the final quarter.

So what Iso-Melo was the high scorer in the final 16 games, the ball was in his hands on every offensive possession, but it was Novak peremeter shooting in the 4th quarter that hurt our oponents chances to win.
    So your saying a lineup of Kidd/Brewer/Melo/Camby/Tyson won't get the same if not more defensive stops?

Superstar

In my opinion, no one has even close to the amount that Amare has to prove...

Felton has a small contract, Melo proved he could carry the team for a stretch last season and the rest have their roles.

Amare is the key to everything. He needs to regain his jump shot, but at the same time not rely on it as much. We'll see if his talk of defense (which he has said every freakin year) actually holds up.

He doesn't need to go crazy in the post as some people seem to expect, but he NEEDS to be able to post against mismatches.

They're too small? Post on their ass. Big and slow? Face up and dunk on their ass. Its all about having more options.

I think STAT has a breakout year...just a feeling, as i think he's embarrassed from last year's fire extinguisher incident, venting his frustration

STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT

I bumped this thread because I literally think about how pivotal his importance to this team is multiple times, on a daily basis.

I mean f*ck, dudes! Look at our first 12 games.

Thu 01 @ Brooklyn 7:00pm
    Fri 02 vs Miami 8:00pm
    Sun 04 vs Philadelphia 12:00pm
    Mon 05 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm
    Fri 09 vs Dallas 7:30pm
    Tue 13 @ Orlando 7:00pm
    Thu 15 @ San Antonio 8:30pm
    Fri 16 @ Memphis 9:30pm
    Sun 18 vs Indiana 12:00pm
    Tue 20 @ New Orleans 8:00pm
    Wed 21 @ Dallas 8:30pm
    Fri 23 @ Houston 8:00pm

20 motherf'ing MILLION dollars! He better be ready, cause a slow start to this season resulting in losses will hit him right between the goggles.

Gaaagghhhhh!

Crazy I agree with u 100% on this. Hes undeniably has the most to prove after last year. How far we go is a positive correlation with how well he plays. He needs to be the 2nd best player on the team and not too far behind Carmelo, I believe he still has the ability. I believe he can still be a top PF in the league, but do i believe he will be? Probably not, im afraid. But we'll see

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I mean f*ck, dudes! Look at our first 12 games.

Thu 01 @ Brooklyn 7:00pm
    Fri 02 vs Miami 8:00pm
    Sun 04 vs Philadelphia 12:00pm
    Mon 05 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm
    Fri 09 vs Dallas 7:30pm
    Tue 13 @ Orlando 7:00pm
    Thu 15 @ San Antonio 8:30pm
    Fri 16 @ Memphis 9:30pm
    Sun 18 vs Indiana 12:00pm
    Tue 20 @ New Orleans 8:00pm
    Wed 21 @ Dallas 8:30pm
    Fri 23 @ Houston 8:00pm

20 motherf'ing MILLION dollars! He better be ready, cause a slow start to this season resulting in losses will hit him right between the goggles.
    Gaaagghhhhh!

The above schedual are a Knicks 8-4 record start with Stat being apart of the offense ..
    we added Kidd, then Felton for more ball-movement to make sure Stat is apart of the offense this season.
    Tyson Chandler had no substitute that brang-touhness last season, so we added Camby & Kurt Thomas toughness to give Tyson rest throughout the season.

We added veterans to this Melo vs Stat Knicks-team for a reason this offseason .. all that who-team? is out the window with Kidd & Camby on the block .. This is coach Woody's-Team now....Woodson will prove the Knicks can win the Atlantic Division Title.

The above schedual are a Knicks 8-4 record start with Stat being apart of the offense ..
    we added Kidd, then Felton for more ball-movement to make sure Stat is apart of the offense this season.
    Tyson Chandler had no substitute that brang-touhness last season, so we added Camby & Kurt Thomas toughness to give Tyson rest throughout the season.

We added veterans to this Melo vs Stat Knicks-team for a reason this offseason .. all that who-team? is out the window with Kidd & Camby on the block .. This is coach Woody's-Team now....Woodson will prove the Knicks can win the Atlantic Division Title.
    Agreed, games against Houston, Orlando, NO and other bottom feeders must be won to ensure the best record possible. Really impressed with our offseason acquisitions, hoping ball movement flows well this season. Melo played really well in the olympics with the ball constantly moving.

At the end of the day both Stat & Felton have something to prove this season, hopefully both will play up to their potential however....

I still feel STAT has more to prove this season and here is why

(Amare 2010 "THE KNICKS ARE BACK') is actually the last thing i can remember that STAT actually said and lived up to since he's been part of the Knicks, am i wrong here? he had one hell of a season and did bring the Knicks back, but after that 2010 season majority of the crap Amare says yeah it sounds good in the interviews but on the court it's looked like complete $HIT

-THE 2011-2012 SEASON AMARE STOUDEMIRE

---AMARE says during the offseason "he's been working on his 3 pointer and ball control especially making moves to the basket"

(Now maybe i'm blind or something but i didn't see improvement in not one of those areas he mentioned)

---AMARE says “We’re going to hunt in South Florida. You know what we’re going to hunt down there, right? We’re going to hunt LeBron and D-Wade…. I got the rifle, man.”

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME? not only did they kick our a$$ during the season but we barely got one win out the playoff series)

---AMARE says “I firmly believe in his offensive play. I think offensively he’s a genius, but I do think we need to get better defensively,”

(Where was YOUR defensive effort last season??? we all know you were never taught defense, we all know Dantoni never preached defense but that is no excuse to not give an EFFORT)

Ok i can go on and on about comments stat made but, i'm sure you guys are getting my point, Stat talks the talk but hasn't proved he can walk the walk on the court (At least not since 2010) Amare can talk all the yadi yadi yada he wants, but when your one of the leaders of your team and your making all these statements yet your not backing them up on the court, not only should you feel like your disappointing yourself, but your fans and your team as well (especially when you have high expectations of a championship).

Amare is looking good so far this season, hopefully he can regain form and dominate like we all know he's capable of... BTW heres one of his recent statements

“Defense is the key to win championships, that’s something I’m dedicated on also, to become a much, much better defensive player. It’s going to happen. It’s a matter of preparation and practice and getting that chemistry down on that end of the court.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This shouldn't even be a debate about who has more to prove this season, Amare makes the most bold statements in his interviews, whens the last time he backed up one???

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Sep 20, 2012 at 09:15.

Veteran

Unhappy Im not a great fan of Stat or Felton but ....

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    At the end of the day both Stat & Felton have something to prove this season, hopefully both will play up to their potential however....

I still feel STAT has more to prove this season and here is why

(Amare 2010 "THE KNICKS ARE BACK') is actually the last thing i can remember that STAT actually said and lived up to since he's been part of the Knicks, am i wrong here? he had one hell of a season and did bring the Knicks back, but after that 2010 season majority of the crap Amare says yeah it sounds good in the interviews but on the court it's looked like complete $HIT

-THE 2011-2012 SEASON AMARE STOUDEMIRE

---AMARE says during the offseason "he's been working on his 3 pointer and ball control especially making moves to the basket"

(Now maybe i'm blind or something but i didn't see improvement in not one of those areas he mentioned)

---AMARE says “We’re going to hunt in South Florida. You know what we’re going to hunt down there, right? We’re going to hunt LeBron and D-Wade…. I got the rifle, man.”

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME? not only did they kick our a$$ during the season but we barely got one win out the playoff series)

---AMARE says “I firmly believe in his offensive play. I think offensively he’s a genius, but I do think we need to get better defensively,”

(Where was YOUR defensive effort last season??? we all know you were never taught defense, we all know Dantoni never preached defense but that is no excuse to not give an EFFORT)

Ok i can go on and on about comments stat made but, i'm sure you guys are getting my point, Stat talks the talk but hasn't proved he can walk the walk on the court (At least not since 2010) Amare can talk all the yadi yadi yada he wants, but when your one of the leaders of your team and your making all these statements yet your not backing them up on the court, not only should you feel like your disappointing yourself, but your fans and your team as well (especially when you have high expectations of a championship).

Amare is looking good so far this season, hopefully he can regain form and dominate like we all know he's capable of... BTW heres one of his recent statements

“Defense is the key to win championships, that’s something I’m dedicated on also, to become a much, much better defensive player. It’s going to happen. It’s a matter of preparation and practice and getting that chemistry down on that end of the court.”

This shouldn't even be a debate about who has more to prove this season, Amare makes the most bold statements in his interviews, whens the last time he backed up one???

u got it all wrong .. Stat is a team-player who been to the Western conference Finals on the strength of Marion & Joe Johnson team-leadership 2004-5, on the strength of Marion & Nash team-leadership 2006-7, and a third time on the strength of Nash & Grant Hill team-leadership 2009-10.

Melo had something to PROVE at the start of each season in the NBA ....
    Will Melo high-scoring get his team pass the first round playoff?
    In 9 season in the NBA Melo has only went pass the first round playoffs one time, and that was on the strength of Big-Shot Chauncey Billups taking over the Denver Nuggets team in 2008-9.

Melo's ex-teammate Kenyon Martin 2nd season in the NBA took the Nets to the "FINALS" on the strength of Jason Kidd team-leadership 2001-2, plus Kenyon Martin & Jason Kidd went back to back FINALS the following season 2002-3, and in the 3rd straight season K-Mart & Kidd's Nets team went 7 games in a playoff series with the Championship Detroit Pistons 2003-4.
    Explain why PF-Kenyon Martin & SF-Melo got swept in the first round in 2004-5 season? and then a 5 game sweep the following season with Iverson, Camby, K-Mart, and Melo?

When it comes to the POSTSEASON games .. Carmelo Anthony has more to PROVE than any Knicks player, except JR.Smith.
    The Poll shouldve been Melo or JR.Smith???

u got it all wrong .. Stat is a team-player who been to the Western conference Finals on the strength of Marion & Joe Johnson team-leadership 2004-5, on the strength of Marion & Nash team-leadership 2006-7, and a third time on the strength of Nash & Grant Hill team-leadership 2009-10.

Melo had something to PROVE at the start of each season in the NBA ....
    Will Melo high-scoring get his team pass the first round playoff?
    In 9 season in the NBA Melo has only went pass the first round playoffs one time, and that was on the strength of Big-Shot Chauncey Billups taking over the Denver Nuggets team in 2008-9.

Melo's ex-teammate Kenyon Martin 2nd season in the NBA took the Nets to the "FINALS" on the strength of Jason Kidd team-leadership 2001-2, plus Kenyon Martin & Jason Kidd went back to back FINALS the following season 2002-3, and in the 3rd straight season K-Mart & Kidd's Nets team went 7 games in a playoff series with the Championship Detroit Pistons 2003-4.
    Explain why PF-Kenyon Martin & SF-Melo got swept in the first round in 2004-5 season? and then a 5 game sweep the following season with Iverson, Camby, K-Mart, and Melo?

When it comes to the POSTSEASON games .. Carmelo Anthony has more to PROVE than any Knicks player, except JR.Smith.
    The Poll shouldve been Melo or JR.Smith???
    Dude.. what does Melo or his postseason have to do with anything about this thread or what i just said lol????. It says who has more to prove this up-coming season AMARE or FELTON this isn't a Carmelo or Amare debate, it has nothing to do about a post-season history lesson of Carmelo Anthony nor Amare stoudemire, do you despise him that much? lol

sign up and share your melo rants with them, because what you just said is completely Off-Topic with what i said.

Last time i checked neither Melo NOR Amare have a Championship ring on their finger...if you want to talk post-season

just skimming through this thread and reading some of your comments you stated

That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Stat & Felton names does not belong in the poll.
    Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
    Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

so your telling me even after the atrocious season Amare had last season he has nothing to prove?? he's perfectly fine, his defense is gonna be great, rebounding gonna to be great, and he's gonna shoot lights out?? not the slightest bit of concern at all with Amare in your opinion right?

star- player in the post-season?? how when he's missed playoff games the last two times the knicks have been to the playoffs

Celtics vs knicks Playoffs- "amare injured doing dunks before the game"

Heat vs knicks playoffs- "Amare injured punching fire extinguisher"

The Knicks number 1 important thing to prove ....
    Melo & Stat has to prove they can CO-EXIST as teammates

Stat co-existed with 75% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
    Melo co-existed with 0% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
    Stat's career high scoring average of 22 pts at 53% FGA -vs-
    Melo career high scoring average of 24 pts at 45% FGA
    Every Knicks offensive-play went through ISO-Melo first ..
    Stat was lucky to receive the ball 1 time out of every 5 offensive possession since the arrival of Melo.
    Are u sure Stat has more to prove than Melo?

Another one sided "I favor Amare post"

1- Stat arrived with the knicks in 2010 (was the only star on the knicks at the time) and had a training camp to get chemistry down with his team mates

2- Melo 0% co-existed with his teammates in 2 seasons?

Season 1- Traded in the middle of the season (no training camp)
    Season 2- Lockout no full training camp (despite that him and chandler co-existed very well)

3-Stat had easy dunks off feeds from Nash all his career of course he's going to have a higher FG%

4-Every play went through melo because melo is clearly a more versatile scorer, if you didn't notice Amare was playing like $hit all season, he had plenty of high percentage shots... just couldn't get it going that season. He seemed to start coming along towards the end of the season though.

Can melo and Amare co-exist?? There doing a pre training camp, they will still have a full training camp, and they have a full 82 game season together... if there was anytime to question that NOW is the time to judge if they can co-exist. All the excuses are out the window after this season IMO.

I'd like to see the ball in Amare's hands more this season, i do agree he needs more touches (pause) hopefully he can bounce back... a training camp would help both and melo and Amare co-exist it's not just up to melo to make it work its up to Amare as well.. dont be so one sided and say "melos the bad guy" about everything

Sure the expectations for Carmelo to perform may be higher, but to say Amare has absolutely nothing to prove is complete nonsense.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Sep 20, 2012 at 14:01.