View Poll Results: Who has more to prove in 2012/2013?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • STAT

27 87.10%
  • FELTON

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who has more to prove this season?

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    this is f*cking hilarious. +rep reloaded. -rep Denny

aw sh*t, i musta neg-repped phaggotDen already, gotta spread my neg-rep around!!
    who's next to get neg-repped? Crazy 8's? that loco ochos deserves it, but i love
    his gayme threads so much!! (so homo)

I picked both...

They both have a lot to prove but I have to lean more towards STAT simply because he is an all-star and is on the 100M contract. STAT has to prove that he's still got it and that last year was just a bad year. Felton has to prove he isn't just an average pg and that it wasn't MDA's system that was just making him look good.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Kiya.....I hear you. But in all that you said, you didn't manage to mention the point I made in the post you quoted. That being, the Knicks were incredibly unfortunate in both first round losses, with injuries and even ailments.

I made my point very clear .. we all know the majority of players in Baseball/Football/Soccer/Basketball are all injured in someway when the postseason arrives .. if it aint broken star-players like K.Martin/Billups/Amare will appear in all postseason games .. except when one of their teammates are name Carmelo Anthony.

Having Billups experience running the Knicks series vs the Boston Celtics .. the no-center Celtics didnt have a chance at winning 2 games vs the Big-Shot-Billups Knicks in a series .. The first game of the Boston series Billups held a 5+ point lead over the Celtics from the open tap to the final 2 minutes of the game when Billups got injured, or did Billups get injured? or did Billups get damn tired of Melo begging-begging for the ball for 46 minutes looking at Dantoni everytime he was denied the ball?
    Those last 2 minutes without Billups in the lineup, PG-TD refuse Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to give the Knicks a 6 point lead with 1.35 remaining in the game. How did the Knicks lose that DAMN game???

A selfish egotistical Melo had Dolan extend his contract before the regular season ended .. Billups was working on getting his contract extended before the Knicks postseason ended .. did Melo offer any help to teammate Billups at getting his contract extended???

Crazy.... heres a question for u .. Why did the Knicks waste their amnesty on Billups when they didnt have to agree to his final offersheet???

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I guess you weren't paying attention to the knicks when Felton was the starting PG.

yeah i also remember Jason Kidd when he was with the Nets, Marcus Camby when he was the starting center for the Knicks and Kurt Thomas with the Heat. oh yeah don't forget STAT when he was with the Suns. doesn't mean ****. There is also the argument about PG's and D'antoni's system.

Felton was a fatty and was benched for awhile last season. Like I said, he's still a scrub to me until he proves me wrong. which i hope he does. It won't be hard either because I have 0 expectations for Felton.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I made my point very clear .. we all know the majority of players in Baseball/Football/Soccer/Basketball are all injured in someway when the postseason arrives .. if it aint broken star-players like K.Martin/Billups/Amare will appear in all postseason games .. except when one of their teammates are name Carmelo Anthony.

Having Billups experience running the Knicks series vs the Boston Celtics .. the no-center Celtics didnt have a chance at winning 2 games vs the Big-Shot-Billups Knicks in a series .. The first game of the Boston series Billups held a 5+ point lead over the Celtics from the open tap to the final 2 minutes of the game when Billups got injured, or did Billups get injured? or did Billups get damn tired of Melo begging-begging for the ball for 46 minutes looking at Dantoni everytime he was denied the ball?
    Those last 2 minutes without Billups in the lineup, PG-TD refuse Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to give the Knicks a 6 point lead with 1.35 remaining in the game. How did the Knicks lose that DAMN game???

A selfish egotistical Melo had Dolan extend his contract before the regular season ended .. Billups was working on getting his contract extended before the Knicks postseason ended .. did Melo offer any help to teammate Billups at getting his contract extended???

Crazy.... heres a question for u .. Why did the Knicks waste their amnesty on Billups when they didnt have to agree to his final offersheet???

That is one of the more presumptuous things I've read on here in a long time. It's not a majority. It's common that some individuals have lingering injuries, but to say that the majority do is just wrong.

That's called confabulatory reasoning, Kiyaman.

Did Billups get damn tired of Melo begging-begging for the ball for 46 minutes looking at Dantoni everytime he was denied the ball?
    They lost Billups and got raped by the refs. One of the worst non-calls in playoff history.

Why did the Knicks waste their amnesty? A CP3 pipe dream. That amnesty for the package prepared for exchange was a joke, and one of the more poorly thought out scenarios since the rebuild.

Amazingly, there were a lot of people on here that bought in to it.

Melo and Dolan, Dolan and Melo, La La and Melo and Dolan. It was all about cash. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing other.

And, Kiyaman, you have STILL failed to refer to the injuries as an issue in both first round losses as reasoning behind the Knicks' struggles. Instead, you'll say basically anything to help yourself convince yourself that you are right.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    this is f*cking hilarious. +rep reloaded. -rep Denny

aw sh*t, i musta neg-repped phaggotDen already, gotta spread my neg-rep around!!
    who's next to get neg-repped? Crazy 8's? that loco ochos deserves it, but i love
    his gayme threads so much!! (so homo)
    Is there still some yeast in that mangina of yours, Clyde?

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    yeah i also remember Jason Kidd when he was with the Nets, Marcus Camby when he was the starting center for the Knicks and Kurt Thomas with the Heat. oh yeah don't forget STAT when he was with the Suns. doesn't mean ****. There is also the argument about PG's and D'antoni's system.

Felton was a fatty and was benched for awhile last season. Like I said, he's still a scrub to me until he proves me wrong. which i hope he does. It won't be hard either because I have 0 expectations for Felton.
    Originally Posted by blahwoop

So basically you highlight everything bad about Felton but can't manage to give him the credit he deserves while he was on the Knicks. Got it.

He was damn near an all-star for us but he's STILL a scrub that needs to prove you wrong? You obviously just don't like the guy, because your reasoning sucks.

The day Carmelo Anthony arrived in New York the Knicks went back to its 2001 to 2009 Chaotic behaviour .. getting SWEEP in the first round with super-star Rice then super-star Marbury having one to many 23 win seasons.

The 2011-12 Knicks season with Carmelo Anthony getting the ball on every offensive possession started the season with a 8-15 record before getting injured .. Who saved the Knicks 2011-12 season from becoming a 23 win season? a product from the D.League who performance was labeled "Lin-Sanity" .. The Truth Hurts!!!

Now who is it that need the most improvement next season?
    The career super-star who gets knocked out of the playoff in the first-round...
    The choices were STAT or Felton. If you need to vent about Melo there's a thread created just for that. Its also a sticky!

I got no beef with you Kiya but at least offer something worthwhile to the immediate subject first.

Originally Posted by Den318
    Agreed 100%, Melo is the one that have the most to prove. He is a selfish player that only care about his own stats. This is a make or break season for him. Another one and out in the playoff and he will be forever known as a superstar loser.
    Really, at the age of 28? I guess there's nothing he can do after that. He might as well retire huh?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Is there still some yeast in that mangina of yours, Clyde?
    Its those pubic sideburns that Clyde has, I think its time for him to see a mangynocologist

So basically you highlight everything bad about Felton but can't manage to give him the credit he deserves while he was on the Knicks. Got it.

He was damn near an all-star for us but he's STILL a scrub that needs to prove you wrong? You obviously just don't like the guy, because your reasoning sucks.

it is pretty simple. he got fat and lazy which implies he has no heart. Regardless of being unhappy playing off the bench or playing with a coach he didn't like. When was he an all star for us? and when was he a fatty lazy dude.

when felton was a damn near all-star, STAT was still playing like a beast. Felton sucked last year and Stat sucked last year. What should my expectations of STAT be this year? Pre Carmelo ERA?

Felton had one good year with the Knicks and now I expect him to come back and put up the same numbers after a year of fattiness? At least STAT has put together a couple of years and most of us are HOPING that he performs somewhere near that level.

My reasoning doesn't suck. Like I said, I have 0 expectations for him. So I am sure that he will surprise me with a decent year. But if he sucks this year it would be expected.

On the other hand if STAT sucks this year, he will be crushed by the Knicks fans. That's why he has more to prove.

Honestly I think that we should compare Melo and Stat as to who has more to prove. They both have huge questions that they need to prove wrong.

Veteran

The choices were STAT or Felton. If you need to vent about Melo there's a thread created just for that. Its also a sticky!

I got no beef with you Kiya but at least offer something worthwhile to the immediate subject first.

That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Stat & Felton names does not belong in the poll.
    Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
    Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

Melo has not prove anything in two seasons in NY
    JR Smith 30 minutes of playingtime has proved nothing as a Knicks

Default Mangina

here's a mighty booshy mangina for ya

That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Stat & Felton names does not belong in the poll.
    Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
    Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

Melo has not prove anything in two seasons in NY
    JR Smith 30 minutes of playingtime has proved nothing as a Knicks
    Why do you even bother posting here, all you post is negative rubbish. AND you always HAVE to go against what everyone is saying. Your hate for certain players overrides and logic or reason in your post and I doubt anyone takes you seriously here.