View Poll Results: Who has more to prove in 2012/2013?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • STAT

27 87.10%
  • FELTON

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who has more to prove this season?

I was gonna respond to that too NYK but i didnt even bother

In todays society, the display of open personal lifes and faggotry prove that media controls most people. Its the same way in sports, and for whatever reason Carmelo is frequently painted as the villain here in New York. Somehow, Stat makes the same amount of money but gave us very little (or actually nothing) to brag about last year. Carmelo carried us into the playoffs. Im no Picasso but i see something wrong with this picture

Superstar

Melo has more to prove for the fact that after how he was arguably the best player in the olympics and every prominent pick in his draft class having a ring now except him so that alot of pressure. amare on the other hand has very little to prove simply because expectationsfor him have been lowered and standards as well. If plays like last its what we all expect. Understand we hope him to have a bounce back year but don't expect that. Ifhe has a big year then he played above expectations. Melo is my choice for most to prove

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Melo has more to prove for the fact that after how he was arguably the best player in the olympics and every prominent pick in his draft class having a ring now except him so that alot of pressure. amare on the other hand has very little to prove simply because expectationsfor him have been lowered and standards as well. If plays like last its what we all expect. Understand we hope him to have a bounce back year but don't expect that. Ifhe has a big year then he played above expectations. Melo is my choice for most to prove
    LeBron and Bosh would not have rings if they didn't run to Miami, every one else signed for cheap and the NBA didn't guide them too it

Darko did **** for his ring

Carmelo only has to prove he can be a leader, score, rebound and defend more efficiently and play off of the ball a little more to let STAT get his off. And maybe get out into transition a little more to get some easy buckets. Win a title or not if he performs at a high level and gives it every once of energy he's got for the rest of his career Carmelo will be fine ring or not. LeBron will forever be known as the bitch who needed a stacked team to win a title

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I was gonna respond to that too NYK but i didnt even bother

In todays society, the display of open personal lifes and faggotry prove that media controls most people. Its the same way in sports, and for whatever reason Carmelo is frequently painted as the villain here in New York. Somehow, Stat makes the same amount of money but gave us very little (or actually nothing) to brag about last year. Carmelo carried us into the playoffs. Im no Picasso but i see something wrong with this picture

It didnt take a rocket scientist or media to evaluate the Knicks roster performance when compare to the Denver Nuggets performance after the Melo-Trade in 2010-11 season.

The lockout did have the majority of NBA top-paid veteran players relax for a lockout season .. however .. the Knicks 8-15 start of the lock-out season showed 23 games of Knicks players who didnt want to perform together as a team. truth or false?

In the lockout season, it took a "Lin-Sanity" moment to bring this Knicks team together, to perform-together, to create together on the offensive-end as well as the defensive-end with a high-energy thats been missing on this Knicks team since Amare consistent streak of 30 point games.

Who put the Knicks lockout season team together to make the postseason?
    1) Dolan
    2) Grunwald
    3) Dantoni
    4) Woodson
    5) Melo
    6) Amare
    7) Tyson Chandler
    8) Lin-Sanity

Veteran

Thumbs up Real Talk ....

In Walt Cylde Frazier 4 key factors to the Knicks 2012-13 season, who is he "indirectly" mentioning has the most to prove this season?

On Wednesday, ESPNNewYork.com caught up with Knicks legend and MSG analyst Walt Frazier at NYC's Pier 78, where his likeness was unveiled on a double-decker sightseeing bus. Gray Line New York was celebrating Frazier's induction into its "Ride of Fame" campaign, which honors exemplary New Yorkers.

Through their conversation, Clyde revealed four main keys to the Knicks season, which are:

1. Health: "I'm very optimistic about the season. I really like the new acquisitions: [Marcus] Camby, [Jason] Kidd, [Raymond] Felton. Amare [Stoudemire] seems to be healthy now, Carmelo [Anthony] seems to be thriving from the Olympics. I saw him. He's in the best shape I've ever seen him in. I like the new coach and his focus on defense. Our two rings in the past [in 1970 and '73] came from defensive intensity. I think the big question mark is: Can they stay healthy? Kidd is an older player, Camby, so if those guys can stay healthy, that's key. Also, teamwork and defense. Those need to be the catalysts."

2. Adjusting: "The onus is on the coach to make them buy into the system and play their particular roles, especially Amare. Will he be better coming off the bench or with the first unit? Will he accept whatever he has to do? But I think they have to look at [LeBron] James and what he did this year to win a championship, how he changed his game. Whatever he had to do, that's what he did. I think the onus is going to be on Melo to do that. He's the guy that, if they're going anywhere, he has to take them."

3. Defense: "Under [Mike] D'Antoni, we were always a poor defensive team, and now we change the coaches and defense becomes our strength. I was impressed with how [Mike Woodson] really reached the players, especially Melo. I thought Melo really responded well to what Woodson wanted. And that's going to be the key, having a veteran coach. He reminds me of Red Holzman. He's laid back, a players' coach, but when he has to be tough, he can crack the whip."

4. Melo: "He has to be more versatile. He can't just go out and get 30 points. He's got to get some rebounds, he's got to defend. I told him that he should be a 20, 10, 5 guy. He has the ability to do it. I mean, come on. He's a much better shooter than James. He can score, he can rebound when he wants to -- he's proven that -- he can play defense. He just has to do it consistently."
    Any other thoughts ....

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

In Walt Cylde Frazier 4 key factors to the Knicks 2012-13 season, who is he "indirectly" mentioning has the most to prove this season?

Any other thoughts ....
    "But I think they have to look at [LeBron] James and what he did this year to win a championship, how he changed his game. Whatever he had to do, that's what he did. I think the onus is going to be on Melo to do that. He's the guy that, if they're going anywhere, he has to take them." "

Kiya quoting Clyde has turned the tide in this thread, and I have to agree with him, that Melo
    should have been included along with Stat and Felton as the one with the most to prove.

Clyde is saying that Melo must become more like Lebron to lead this team to not only the playoffs,
    but to become champions. Melo always has the capability to score more than anyone in the league,
    even more than Lebron, but it's up to Melo to lead this team, to get rebounds and dimes, to become
    the 20, 10, 5 player Clyde has challenged him to become.

Only then will Stat and Felton and every other Knick live up to the potential to become NBA champions,
    and that's what we're looking for this season and the next, this 2-3 year window with 1/2 a squad of
    geriatric players on their last legs. Melo must lead by his effort, by his overall game, and help the
    rest of the squad improve their game. It's Melo or bust.

i'm not sure what Clyde is talking about re STAT coming off the bench. unless he's referring to STAT
    not co-existing with Melo, and becoming the most dominant 6th player the league has ever known.
    I mean, THAT STAT would be something else to contend with. i just don't see it. $20M 6th man?
    nah.

good post Kiya, i'm on your side re Melo.

I cant really agree with Clyde Frazier, I thought Carmelo was a batman that needed a Robin. He could play a little smarter offensively and he could definitely play better defense but lets not forget the team was basically crippled last year in the playoffs.

Lin was out
    Shumpert got hurt
    Chandler was sick
    Baron got hurt
    Stat hurt his hand and was never right to begin with
    Jeffries was hurt
    Novak was useless
    JR Smith couldnt hit a shot

And somehow it comes down to Carmelo needing to do more. I dont think he could be any better offensively then he was the last month of the season and in the playoffs. It was hard for him to look good against the Heat with their defense and with the few remaining healthy players we had. When i think about it, I dont even know how he managed to average 27.8 and 8.2 rebounds against the Heat. He scored 41 points in game 4 that got us our first playoff win in years. Against Lebron and Battier, two of the best defenders in the league. Dont forget Wades help defense, he made it tough for Melo at times. Carmelo still canceled out Lebron offensively and averaged more rebounds then him.

Stat needs to man up or get shipped the f*ck outta new york. His fashion feminine side embarrasses me as a fan and hes even more feminine on the court
    Last edited by KingStarbury3; Sep 23, 2012 at 23:20.

Veteran

Angry

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I cant really agree with Clyde Frazier, I thought Carmelo was a batman that needed a Robin. He could play a little smarter offensively and he could definitely play better defense but lets not forget the team was basically crippled last year in the playoffs.

Lin was out
    Shumpert got hurt
    Chandler was sick
    Baron got hurt
    Stat hurt his hand and was never right to begin with
    Jeffries was hurt
    Novak was useless
    JR Smith couldnt hit a shot

And somehow it comes down to Carmelo needing to do more. I dont think he could be any better offensively then he was the last month of the season and in the playoffs. It was hard for him to look good against the Heat with their defense and with the few remaining healthy players we had. When i think about it, I dont even know how he managed to average 27.8 and 8.2 rebounds against the Heat. He scored 41 points in game 4 that got us our first playoff win in years. Against Lebron and Battier, two of the best defenders in the league. Dont forget Wades help defense, he made it tough for Melo at times. Carmelo still canceled out Lebron offensively and averaged more rebounds then him.

Stat needs to man up or get shipped the f*ck outta new york. His fashion feminine side embarrasses me as a fan and hes even more feminine on the court

See Cool Clyde.... this is what im talking about.

We have KO members who dont understand the high-value of adding Melo to an already playoff bound Knicks team.
    Melo's main objective-coming to the Knicks were to replace two ($8M contract) players offense & defense performance in SF-Wilson Chandler & SF-Gallo, Melo cost us $20M per. plus the price of Knicks tickets went sky high the same day Melo became a Knicks.

If u dont know ask someone ....
    The only Knicks player who had something to prove in the Knicks postseason games were our 9 year career first rounder Carmelo Anthony.

Syracuse coaches and Nuggets coaches couldnt get Melo to play defense.

Amare & Felton has equal amount of effort to prove on this team as Melo does, however Melo role as our number-one obtion on offense has a little more to prove.
    It was Melo job in the postseason to get Novak in on the offense, why? because the only time Battier/Wade/Lebron let Novak be open is when Melo was dribbling the ball (Novak was wide open).

It wasnt quite like that Kiya, Melo did make an effort to set up his teammates and at times he fed them beautifully, the problem was everybody besides Carmelo still went cold. Novak couldnt even hit an open shot, same with JR Smith

I dont know anyone with the same expectations you have for Carmelo, I havent seen other posters saying he needs to cancel out Gallo and Chandler.

Carmelo's expectations should be more focused around his abilities and what he did before we aquired him.

Melo's not the dumbass that gave himself that deal and hes not the dumbass that signed Stat to roughly the same deal. Look Im a Melo fan and I dont think hes worth 20 mil, very few players are...maybe 3 or 4. At least he comes much closer to earning his salary then Amarknee does