The Rockets Fans are Pathetic.......

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
As a big Jeremy Lin fan, I subscribed to the Rockets boards........ I saw a poll question that almost made me blow a gasket..........

The fans are suggesting the Rockets tank this upcoming season to get better draft picks.
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=225401

I've followed suffering fans of inept teams over the years, but have never seen anything like this.......

I did post a scathing response on the board, calling the question asinine. Which it is.
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=7142952&postcount=47

Show me fans who want their team to tank, and I'll show you fans who deserve to lose, lose often, and lose indefinitely.

I've never seen a Cubs fan, a Knicks fan, or even a Cleveland fan ever discuss anything like that.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'm a big Lin fan, but I don't think they will have to tank anything. I don't see the Rockets winning a lot of games next year. Not because of Lin but just because, who the hell do they have?

KingCharles34

All Star
Not one my better "What If's" But what if Lin leads the Rockets to the playoffs? How would that make us Knicks fans feel?

Me personally, sick to my stomach. The more success he has the sicker i will be so i hope i dont end up sicker then Magic Johnson

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Not one my better "What If's" But what if Lin leads the Rockets to the playoffs? How would that make us Knicks fans feel?

Me personally, sick to my stomach. The more success he has the sicker i will be so i hope i dont end up sicker then Magic Johnson

Oh man, if the Rockets make the playoffs with Lin leading the way? I mean, I wish the kid all the best, but that would be a tough pill to swallow for us. That would just be, I don't know. They would Lin on those lists of worst management blunders in sports history.

Still, I rate Lin highly and I think he will have a great career, but I just don't see them making the playoffs. Who the hell is on that team??

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rockets

The Rockets are at the beginning of a rebuilding phase. The fans know it and are impatient about getting better.

I am a Lin fan and believe he will be a very solid player, primarily because he does have some athletic ability, superlative body control, and a high basketball IQ. He also appears to work very hard.

The game that Lin had under D'Antoni did not fit Melo, but in great part because D'Antoni's game plan did not fit Melo's strengths. In D'Antoni's system, Lin spent too much time with the ball and the time he spent with it Melo did not spend with it.

I had anticipated that Lin would modify his game with the Knicks this year to fit better with a Woodson system that would not have Melo standing in a corner waiting. I also anticipated that Melo would move more and and avoid the lengthy one on one scenarios where no one is moving and Melo is trying to set up his defenders.

I was surprised that the Knicks did not match the Rockets offer. Whether he meant to or not, Lin and his agent played the Knicks. I was still for signing Lin and then trading him in January when he could be traded. We may well have been able to receive a 2014 first round pick -- a pick we do not currently have.

I beieve that Lin is going to look very good in Houston. He could well be the star -- there is not much else. And partly because I -- somewhat irrationally -- despise Felton's game, I expect Lin's numbers to be significantly better than Felton's.

Felton does not have good lifetime numbers -- particularly in shooting percentages. When he was with us last time, he averaged almost 15 shots a game. That can not happen this year. We have too many superior offensive players. If, perhaps with Kidd's help, he can become more of a distributor, he might begin to convert me.

I hope that Amare' is not a lost cause. Notwithstanding the price of $50K a week, can two weeks with Olajuon make that much of a difference? Woodson has to find a way to space the floor so that Amare', Chandler and Melo do not get in each other's way.

I am not the greatest fan of Melo,but I recognize that he is supremey talented. He should be tired of the criticism he has been getting and transform his game to be more LeBron and Kobe like. He can do it, but he should pay more attention to defense than he has in the past and he has to move more. When he gets the ball, he should react as quickly as possible --shoot, drive or pass. Stop waiting to canvass the possible moves on his defender. In the Olympics he was very decisive.