Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: Who should the Knicks have gotten this offseason?

  1. #16
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Ray Allen.

    I feel the same way sometimes...but then I say to myself is it better to have Kidd or not?

    Felton
    Allen
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

    That lineup creates a lot of problems....yet our PG situation off the bench would be worry some. I mean Prigioni is a raw 35 year old player and Shump and JR can play point in stretches but if Felton goes down for a couple games we are looking at a huge whole at the very position that lead to us underachieving last year!

    Kidd is more of a vocal leader and is going to help players like Shump and even Felton get better next year.

    Plus Ray is a liability of D.

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Goran Dragic. We should have just signed and traded Jeremy Lin for him. He is much better than Lin and the Rockets are stupid for letting him go

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I wouldve resign Lin/Fields/Novak before they couldve blinked an eye the first week of July (the trio of players future trade-value risen sky high).
    I wouldve went full force after both Kidd & Ray Allen to be our 2012-13 starters (if no Ray, sign Brewer).
    Plus I wouldve did the trade for Camby/K.Thomas/Felton.
    If I couldnt find a team to sign n trade JR.Smith for a young bigman I would let JR.Smith walk.

    Grunwald only showing interest in resigning Novak/Smith puts up a "RED FLAG" of question towards the Knicks organization on the cause n effect of "Lin-Sanity" .. Novak receiving a $14M contract for 4 years is crazy expensive.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    I feel the same way sometimes...but then I say to myself is it better to have Kidd or not?

    Felton
    Allen
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

    That lineup creates a lot of problems....yet our PG situation off the bench would be worry some. I mean Prigioni is a raw 35 year old player and Shump and JR can play point in stretches but if Felton goes down for a couple games we are looking at a huge whole at the very position that lead to us underachieving last year!

    Kidd is more of a vocal leader and is going to help players like Shump and even Felton get better next year.

    Plus Ray is a liability of D.
    Well if we matched Lin, regardless, we dont' need Felton, we signed and traded for Camby, signed Kidd outright, then signed and traded for Allen for the pieces we sent to Portland in the Felton trade.

  5. #20
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I don't understand this whole "we should have gotten Allen". You realize player movement in the NBA is more about "where does the player want to be" than "will this team go after this player". The Knicks don't have the clout or front office savvy to attract players who actually want to play for hardware. I don't think Allen ever had NYK on his radar.

  6. #21
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    -Backup Center- Camby

    -3 Reliable PG's - Felton, Kidd, Pablo

    -scoring punches off the bench - Jr / Novak

    -Defensive plugin until shump returns - Brewer

    I like the moves we made actually, but i would of liked to see us wrap up an extra shooter with that being said i would of replaced James white with.... lets say "Barbosa"

    I'm still hoping we can nail Kenyon Martin we really need a extra backup PF as well, Kurt is a little old
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 28, 2012 at 19:40.

  7. #22
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I wouldve resign Lin/Fields/Novak before they couldve blinked an eye the first week of July (the trio of players future trade-value risen sky high).
    I wouldve went full force after both Kidd & Ray Allen to be our 2012-13 starters (if no Ray, sign Brewer).
    Plus I wouldve did the trade for Camby/K.Thomas/Felton.
    If I couldnt find a team to sign n trade JR.Smith for a young bigman I would let JR.Smith walk.

    Grunwald only showing interest in resigning Novak/Smith puts up a "RED FLAG" of question towards the Knicks organization on the cause n effect of "Lin-Sanity" .. Novak receiving a $14M contract for 4 years is crazy expensive.


    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 28, 2012 at 19:18.

  8. #23
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    LOLLLLL, Reloaded with "Exhibit A"

  9. #24
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718


    This! And besides, Fields didn't fit well with Melo's game and Ronnie Brewer will be a much better fit.

  10. #25
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I thought I was the only one that considered Ray Allen a perfect fit in NY. Im surprised it wasnt talked about more, its much closer to Rays home. He lives about a 15 minute walk from where I live and his mom lives near me too here in CT. And we coulda gave him a starting job, all the minutes he wanted. For the past 3 years i thought Ray would work well on this team.

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Allen Iverson
    I watched a 14 minute video last night on youtube with 100 Iverson crossovers. Dude was amazing

  11. #26
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Dragic
    Tmac
    Odom
    Humphries
    Mayo

  12. #27
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Dragic
    Tmac
    Odom
    Humphries
    Mayo
    Another first round exit, no thanks.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    -Backup Center- Camby

    -3 Reliable PG's - Felton, Kidd, Pablo

    -scoring punches off the bench - Jr / Novak

    -Defensive plugin until shump returns - Brewer

    I like the moves we made actually, but i would of liked to see us wrap up an extra shooter with that being said i would of replaced James white with.... lets say "Barbosa"

    I'm still hoping we can nail Kenyon Martin we really need a extra backup PF as well, Kurt is a little old

    I never understood the reason why the Denver Nuggets traded Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return during the 2008 offseason. Especially when Camby was the only defensive-player in the Nuggets 2007-8 postseason lineup of "Iverson, JR.Smith, Melo, Klienza, and Camby" .. Kenyon Martin were injured again for Denver's postseason games.

    Barbosa wouldve been a great pick-up, and the best guard to come off the bench with Felton .. both wouldve favored Amare style of play.

    It sure wouldve been nice to see strong-foward Kenyon Martin in a Knicks jersey, but for 6 seasons in Denver Kenyon Martin never fit well with Melo's game (LOL). It took Billups leadership in Denver to get Kenyon Martin to stay healthy for 3 straight seasons.

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I never understood the reason why the Denver Nuggets traded Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return during the 2008 offseason. Especially when Camby was the only defensive-player in the Nuggets 2007-8 postseason lineup of "Iverson, JR.Smith, Melo, Klienza, and Camby" .. Kenyon Martin were injured again for Denver's postseason games.

    Barbosa wouldve been a great pick-up, and the best guard to come off the bench with Felton .. both wouldve favored Amare style of play.

    It sure wouldve been nice to see strong-foward Kenyon Martin in a Knicks jersey, but for 6 seasons in Denver Kenyon Martin never fit well with Melo's game (LOL). It took Billups leadership in Denver to get Kenyon Martin to stay healthy for 3 straight seasons.
    Money deal, Nuggets didn't want to pay the lux tax. Nene had missed most of the 07-08 season. But he came back and showed he was good enough to go. Thus, having Camby personnel wise became a luxury with Nene and KMart supposedly healthy enough to compete.

  15. #30
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I wouldve resign Lin/Fields/Novak before they couldve blinked an eye the first week of July (the trio of players future trade-value risen sky high).
    I wouldve went full force after both Kidd & Ray Allen to be our 2012-13 starters (if no Ray, sign Brewer).
    Plus I wouldve did the trade for Camby/K.Thomas/Felton.
    If I couldnt find a team to sign n trade JR.Smith for a young bigman I would let JR.Smith walk.

    Grunwald only showing interest in resigning Novak/Smith puts up a "RED FLAG" of question towards the Knicks organization on the cause n effect of "Lin-Sanity" .. Novak receiving a $14M contract for 4 years is crazy expensive.
    I cant believe I missed this post even after NYK Reloaded quoted it. Ummm this gets my vote for worst post of the year, your dead on about Lin and Novak. But even if your name was Bob Dole you couldnt be any farther off. I mite neg rep you later on tonite, Im not really sure what to do

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Offseason Summer Spending (MUST READ)
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 23, 2012, 18:15
  2. Replies: 255
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 19:45
  3. Knicks Draft Prospects
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2010, 21:37
  4. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 20:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •