Thread: More from BSPN

Hybrid View

Default More from BSPN

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    smh
    Last edited by StEpHoN_mArBuRy; Aug 28, 2012 at 11:41.

the tag under the picture for the article:

"After lettting Jeremy Lin walk, the Knicks could be in for a bumpy ride in Year 2 of their Big Three."

See what I mean about JLin being a HUGE deal for the media? They honestly think that Lin was the guy that would put us over the top and getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil??? Honestly???

Originally Posted by p0nder
    the tag under the picture for the article:

"After lettting Jeremy Lin walk, the Knicks could be in for a bumpy ride in Year 2 of their Big Three."

See what I mean about JLin being a HUGE deal for the media? They honestly think that Lin was the guy that would put us over the top and getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil??? Honestly???
    They're talking about Lin like he's the next MJ. He's not even one of the top ten PGs in the league.. SMH.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

people on there are just gonna bash you when you talk about Lin.. I can't wait until that fool is exposed on HOU next year.

Wow, the voting was almost unanimous for Knicks.

I see where they're coming from, based on our history, but these guys don't have the ear to the balls like we do.

I think adding all the big veterans like Kidd and Camby and you have Kurt Thomas, adding these guys was a move to make sure we do not have the turmoil ESPN is predicting.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Wow, the voting was almost unanimous for Knicks.

I see where they're coming from, based on our history, but these guys don't have the ear to the balls like we do.

I think adding all the big veterans like Kidd and Camby and you have Kurt Thomas, adding these guys was a move to make sure we do not have the turmoil ESPN is predicting.

Anytime they can take a shot at a team from NY they do. We have won 2 championships but they treat us like the Yanks lol its complete BS but I have come to expect this from these irresponsible reporters and writers.

I do think that getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil.

Felton did not play well the last whole season, there is no reason he can be a good PG all of sudden. As a matter of fact, no teams really want to play him.

Older kidd is going to get older, not another way around.

Originally Posted by Peter
    I do think that getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil.

Felton did not play well the last whole season, there is no reason he can be a good PG all of sudden. As a matter of fact, no teams really want to play him.

Older kidd is going to get older, not another way around.
    Yea, Felton didn't impress last year. At the same time, we don't need him to come in and drop 20/10 for us. He just has to be an average to a little above-average manager and not get carried away. He can tickle twine from distance a little bit, he can dish the rock, and he seems to be in game shape to start the season. Kidd is great insurance as a big solid rock that we can lean on in difficult stretches.

Yea, Felton didn't impress last year. At the same time, we don't need him to come in and drop 20/10 for us. He just has to be an average to a little above-average manager and not get carried away. He can tickle twine from distance a little bit, he can dish the rock, and he seems to be in game shape to start the season. Kidd is great insurance as a big solid rock that we can lean on in difficult stretches.
    If lin is a average PG, no way felton is a little above-average PG.
    After checking kidd's data from last season, you have to admit it a downgrade for the PG position.
    Realistic goal for knicks is 5-7 seeds this coming season.

Peter what teams do you have ahead of the Knicks?

Bulls - No

Celtics - No

Nets - No

Lin is not a top 10 let alone 15 PG

1. Paul
    2. Rose
    3. Rondo
    4. Williams
    5. Parker
    6. Westbrook
    7. Nash
    8. Irving
    9. Lawson
    10. Rubio
    11. Lowry
    12. Conley
    13. Holiday
    14. Wall
    15. Jennings
    16. Curry
    17. Dragic
    18. Lin

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Peter what teams do you have ahead of the Knicks?

Bulls - No

Celtics - No

Nets - No
    Heat,Celtics,Nets,Bulls

Pacer,Knicks,76er,Bucks

Originally Posted by Peter
    If lin is a average PG, no way felton is a little above-average PG.
    After checking kidd's data from last season, you have to admit it a downgrade for the PG position.
    Realistic goal for knicks is 5-7 seeds this coming season.
    Dear Peter,

I failed to be very clear, I meant to say that all we need from Felton is that he play at an average to maybe a little above-average level. We don't need crazy production from him. Fat Ray has to come in, manage the game, drop the rock down to Melo and maybe run some P&Rs with the big fellas.

Kidds numbers were pitiful last year, but they've been ugly for a few years now. I think he hit something like 36% fg last year, I mean, looking at his stats you would think Kidd is a bum.

But what he brings is the intangibles, I know this is cliche, but it is true, he brings things that don't show up on the sheet. For example, if Felton will be shakey in the 4th, or if he is having an off game, Kidd is perfect to come in there and manage.

I would've preferred Lin-Kidd over Felton-Kidd, absolutely; at the same time, I don't think we're weak at the PG spot by any means.

Regards,
    orangeblobman

Dear Peter,

I failed to be very clear, I meant to say that all we need from Felton is that he play at an average to maybe a little above-average level. We don't need crazy production from him. Fat Ray has to come in, manage the game, drop the rock down to Melo and maybe run some P&Rs with the big fellas.

Kidds numbers were pitiful last year, but they've been ugly for a few years now. I think he hit something like 36% fg last year, I mean, looking at his stats you would think Kidd is a bum.

But what he brings is the intangibles, I know this is cliche, but it is true, he brings things that don't show up on the sheet. For example, if Felton will be shakey in the 4th, or if he is having an off game, Kidd is perfect to come in there and manage.

I would've preferred Lin-Kidd over Felton-Kidd, absolutely; at the same time, I don't think we're weak at the PG spot by any means.

Regards,
    orangeblobman
    Agreed, what he will bring to the lockerroom is huge especially with 2 guys that think they're 1a and 1b. I'm sure after the Lin run, there were factions behind closed doors. I've never seen the jealousy from other NBA stars as I saw then....at least from outside players, ie Deron, and the Heat. It was like they were playing their championship game when Lin showed up. Now with the offseason contract comments....I'm positive there were lines drawn in that lockerroom. Kidd would have been a huge help to bring a cohesive unit on and off the court. Coach K, trusted Kidd with the 2008 Olympic team to run his offensive sets, using his feel of the players.

On the court, he'll find them in scoring spots, where they're just catching and shooting in one motion. Carlisle scrapped his need to call every offensive set half way through their first year together. Kidd is about winning first and foremost.