More from BSPN

2lbg6qs.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8303109/2012-nba-summer-forecast-team-turmoil
smh

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
the tag under the picture for the article:

"After lettting Jeremy Lin walk, the Knicks could be in for a bumpy ride in Year 2 of their Big Three."

See what I mean about JLin being a HUGE deal for the media? They honestly think that Lin was the guy that would put us over the top and getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil??? Honestly???

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

"After lettting Jeremy Lin walk, the Knicks could be in for a bumpy ride in Year 2 of their Big Three."

See what I mean about JLin being a HUGE deal for the media? They honestly think that Lin was the guy that would put us over the top and getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil??? Honestly???

They're talking about Lin like he's the next MJ. He's not even one of the top ten PGs in the league.. SMH.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Wow, the voting was almost unanimous for Knicks.

I see where they're coming from, based on our history, but these guys don't have the ear to the balls like we do.

I think adding all the big veterans like Kidd and Camby and you have Kurt Thomas, adding these guys was a move to make sure we do not have the turmoil ESPN is predicting.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Wow, the voting was almost unanimous for Knicks.

I see where they're coming from, based on our history, but these guys don't have the ear to the balls like we do.

I think adding all the big veterans like Kidd and Camby and you have Kurt Thomas, adding these guys was a move to make sure we do not have the turmoil ESPN is predicting.

Anytime they can take a shot at a team from NY they do. We have won 2 championships but they treat us like the Yanks lol its complete BS but I have come to expect this from these irresponsible reporters and writers.

Lol @ the comment "100 of the best BBall minded people". Most of those guys probably grew up getting scorched on the blacktops by preteens. They hardly look or sound like BBall experts. IMO, you have to have experiences playing the game well and not just watching film and studing fact sheets. You have to recognize talent involved and examine the potentials of it working with coaching philosophies. I can't see how they voted KNK's (with all their potential) to be a hugh bust. ESPN is a joke and seem to be hating the Knicks to help boost their ratings. They are jounalist first and foremost, they know negative hype sells and creates controversy. Just a bunch of sorry asses looking for attention.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I laughed at that too, the top basketball minds lmfao.

While I agree it is silly of these fools to say they are the top minds, I will have to say that you do not have to have experience playing good ball. Sometimes the best chess teachers are lousy players and the best players are lousy teachers. There are many sides to the game outside of dropping the buckets, and I think the ****ty kids at the park can have a strong understanding of basketball even if they are ****ty at playing it themselves.

Irresponsible is probably the best way to describe this because I think it shows how out of touch these particular "basketball minds" are. I mean, the turmoil has been at a minimum so far I think, no one flipped a **** on another teammate or any thing, and now you add Kidd and Camby, and Kurt? There's no way there will be turmoil.

A lot of things can go wrong, but I think locker room turmoil is not something we need to worry about with this Knicks squad.

I agree you have to have a certain level of BBall knowledge to be in their position, but those that have actually played it well relatively coach it well and can make more rational predictions. You may know your X?s and O?s, but if you don?t know how certain plays, conditioning, and chemistry factors in to the game you will make as many fail predictions as the local weatherman. The fact that they gave the Knicks a ridiculous rating is very telling, imo.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
The first question they ask when you interview for a job at ESPN is: can you hate on NY teams?

If "yes", then your hired.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Well Lin did spark us to what, 10 in a row.

Felton is decent. Kidd is old and could really fall off.

Losing Lin prolly downgraded us at the position.

They're talking about Lin like he's the next MJ. He's not even one of the top ten PGs in the league.. SMH.

Umm.. yes he is.

His skills on the court showed it and certain stats back him up

I'm a believer in PER. Lin is v gd in this regard.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Lin probably is a top ten point guard and i think he has huge potential. Its really tough to say exactly how good he is but we shall see. He has a great attitude and a great work ethic, if he becomes a star he could end up back here in 2015

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Umm.. yes he is.

Lin scores more points, but Felton is a better passer and defender. He is the PG THAT WILL FIT BETTER THAN LIN.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Umm.. yes he is.

I don't know man.. I respect your opinion and think that you're one of the better posters in here. But to me, Lin isn't a top 10 PG in this league. Not yet anyway. Out of the top of my head, in no particular order:
1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Rose
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
6. Lowry
7. Curry
8. Nash (still killin' it)
9. Tony Parker
10. Lawson

I acknowledge that Lin has oodles of potential and I admire his fearlessness(Edit: Scratch that. Forgot about the "85%" for the playoffs issue) and work ethic. But top 10 PG? Right now? No. He has a lot to prove still. I'd have no problem eating crow if he does beast next season though. lol :2cents:

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Lin probably is a top ten point guard and i think he has huge potential. Its really tough to say exactly how good he is but we shall see. He has a great attitude and a great work ethic, if he becomes a star he could end up back here in 2015

Agreed, although I'd be surprised if Dolan has gotten over his resentment with Lin by then.

I don't know man.. I respect your opinion and think that you're one of the better posters in here. But to me, Lin isn't a top 10 PG in this league. Not yet anyway. Out of the top of my head, in no particular order:
1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Rose
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
6. Lowry
7. Curry
8. Nash (still killin' it)
9. Tony Parker
10. Lawson

I acknowledge that Lin has oodles of potential and I admire his fearlessness(Edit: Scratch that. Forgot about the "85%" for the playoffs issue) and work ethic. But top 10 PG? Right now? No. He has a lot to prove still. I'd have no problem eating crow if he does beast next season though. lol :2cents:

Thanks. I'd put Lin ahead of Lawson and Lowry seasoning.

ESPN Forecast Worst Newcomer 2012-2013

1. Lin

2. Joe Johnson

3. Bynum

4. Felton

5 Beasley

6. Crawford

7. Kidd

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8298137/2012-nba-summer-forecast-worst-newcomer

:boohoo:

I can't for the life of me figure out why JJ is on this list. He should have an easy time of it this season playing with a point the caliber of DWill.

Lin could struggle, but I think he'll still be very good.

He's one of the smartest players in the league, already. He has quickness that rivals that of D. Rose, a sweet high-arching jumper and he finishes around the rim at will.

He took us on that run without Melo and Amare for a good portion of it. So I think as long as he's able to control tempo completely he can run with an average squad just fine. We have seen this people.

Lin is a beast.

Last edited:

Peter

Benchwarmer
I do think that getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil.

Felton did not play well the last whole season, there is no reason he can be a good PG all of sudden. As a matter of fact, no teams really want to play him.

Older kidd is going to get older, not another way around.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I do think that getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil.

Felton did not play well the last whole season, there is no reason he can be a good PG all of sudden. As a matter of fact, no teams really want to play him.

Older kidd is going to get older, not another way around.

Yea, Felton didn't impress last year. At the same time, we don't need him to come in and drop 20/10 for us. He just has to be an average to a little above-average manager and not get carried away. He can tickle twine from distance a little bit, he can dish the rock, and he seems to be in game shape to start the season. Kidd is great insurance as a big solid rock that we can lean on in difficult stretches.

Peter

Benchwarmer
Yea, Felton didn't impress last year. At the same time, we don't need him to come in and drop 20/10 for us. He just has to be an average to a little above-average manager and not get carried away. He can tickle twine from distance a little bit, he can dish the rock, and he seems to be in game shape to start the season. Kidd is great insurance as a big solid rock that we can lean on in difficult stretches.
If lin is a average PG, no way felton is a little above-average PG.
After checking kidd's data from last season, you have to admit it a downgrade for the PG position.
Realistic goal for knicks is 5-7 seeds this coming season.