Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: More from BSPN

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Well I want to make it v clearly that I don't agree. Kyrie is a beast bro.

He's a much better shooter than Lawson and I think his ball control is better. He was ROY and will probably be a perennial all-star.

Lawson is v gd, but Kyrie is on the cusp of greatness.
    The "cusp of greatness"? LOL wow it doesn't take much to impress some people here. When you've seen guys like Bird, Magic, Thomas, Hakeem, Jordan, Stockton, Payton, Barkley, Johnson... over an extended period ---

You don't use the term "greatness" for a guy who's only played 1 season. If you do that now, then by year 3 you'll be declaring him a HOFer. (ridiculous)

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    The "cusp of greatness"? LOL wow it doesn't take much to impress some people here. When you've seen guys like Bird, Magic, Thomas, Hakeem, Jordan, Stockton, Payton, Barkley, Johnson... over an extended period ---

You don't use the term "greatness" for a guy who's only played 1 season. If you do that now, then by year 3 you'll be declaring him a HOFer. (ridiculous)
    Why not use the term greatness in his first season?? Was Jordan not great in his rookie season? Magic won a title his first season. He wasn't great yet right?

Whether it's the first season or not it's okay to declare what is warranted based on the ability that is there. You just have to be able to see it.

I said he is on the "cusp" of greatness. Irving eventually being on par with the above greats is totally within the realm of possibility. From what I can see... that dude is basically unguardable already. He has the skills to be great frankly.

The thing is it's not just me - CP3, Kobe.. guys like this recognize that it's just a matter of time.

Will you?? Probably not.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Sep 09, 2012 at 20:37.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Kyrie Irving is a great basketball player

Ty Lawson is a great basketball player

I prefer Kyrie but just think right now Lawson is slightly better
    Let the back-tracking begin lol