Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: More from BSPN

Default More from BSPN

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    smh
    Last edited by StEpHoN_mArBuRy; Aug 28, 2012 at 10:41.

the tag under the picture for the article:

"After lettting Jeremy Lin walk, the Knicks could be in for a bumpy ride in Year 2 of their Big Three."

See what I mean about JLin being a HUGE deal for the media? They honestly think that Lin was the guy that would put us over the top and getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil??? Honestly???

Originally Posted by p0nder

"After lettting Jeremy Lin walk, the Knicks could be in for a bumpy ride in Year 2 of their Big Three."

See what I mean about JLin being a HUGE deal for the media? They honestly think that Lin was the guy that would put us over the top and getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil??? Honestly???
    They're talking about Lin like he's the next MJ. He's not even one of the top ten PGs in the league.. SMH.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

people on there are just gonna bash you when you talk about Lin.. I can't wait until that fool is exposed on HOU next year.

Wow, the voting was almost unanimous for Knicks.

I see where they're coming from, based on our history, but these guys don't have the ear to the balls like we do.

I think adding all the big veterans like Kidd and Camby and you have Kurt Thomas, adding these guys was a move to make sure we do not have the turmoil ESPN is predicting.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Wow, the voting was almost unanimous for Knicks.

I see where they're coming from, based on our history, but these guys don't have the ear to the balls like we do.

I think adding all the big veterans like Kidd and Camby and you have Kurt Thomas, adding these guys was a move to make sure we do not have the turmoil ESPN is predicting.

Anytime they can take a shot at a team from NY they do. We have won 2 championships but they treat us like the Yanks lol its complete BS but I have come to expect this from these irresponsible reporters and writers.

Veteran

Lol @ the comment "100 of the best BBall minded people". Most of those guys probably grew up getting scorched on the blacktops by preteens. They hardly look or sound like BBall experts. IMO, you have to have experiences playing the game well and not just watching film and studing fact sheets. You have to recognize talent involved and examine the potentials of it working with coaching philosophies. I can't see how they voted KNK's (with all their potential) to be a hugh bust. ESPN is a joke and seem to be hating the Knicks to help boost their ratings. They are jounalist first and foremost, they know negative hype sells and creates controversy. Just a bunch of sorry asses looking for attention.

I laughed at that too, the top basketball minds lmfao.

While I agree it is silly of these fools to say they are the top minds, I will have to say that you do not have to have experience playing good ball. Sometimes the best chess teachers are lousy players and the best players are lousy teachers. There are many sides to the game outside of dropping the buckets, and I think the ****ty kids at the park can have a strong understanding of basketball even if they are ****ty at playing it themselves.

Irresponsible is probably the best way to describe this because I think it shows how out of touch these particular "basketball minds" are. I mean, the turmoil has been at a minimum so far I think, no one flipped a **** on another teammate or any thing, and now you add Kidd and Camby, and Kurt? There's no way there will be turmoil.

A lot of things can go wrong, but I think locker room turmoil is not something we need to worry about with this Knicks squad.

Veteran

I agree you have to have a certain level of BBall knowledge to be in their position, but those that have actually played it well relatively coach it well and can make more rational predictions. You may know your Xs and Os, but if you dont know how certain plays, conditioning, and chemistry factors in to the game you will make as many fail predictions as the local weatherman. The fact that they gave the Knicks a ridiculous rating is very telling, imo.

The first question they ask when you interview for a job at ESPN is: can you hate on NY teams?

If "yes", then your hired.

Originally Posted by p0nder

Well Lin did spark us to what, 10 in a row.

Felton is decent. Kidd is old and could really fall off.

Losing Lin prolly downgraded us at the position.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    They're talking about Lin like he's the next MJ. He's not even one of the top ten PGs in the league.. SMH.
    Umm.. yes he is.

His skills on the court showed it and certain stats back him up

I'm a believer in PER. Lin is v gd in this regard.

Last edited by ronoranina; Aug 28, 2012 at 22:37.

Lin probably is a top ten point guard and i think he has huge potential. Its really tough to say exactly how good he is but we shall see. He has a great attitude and a great work ethic, if he becomes a star he could end up back here in 2015

Originally Posted by ronoranina

Umm.. yes he is.

Lin scores more points, but Felton is a better passer and defender. He is the PG THAT WILL FIT BETTER THAN LIN.

Originally Posted by ronoranina

Umm.. yes he is.

I don't know man.. I respect your opinion and think that you're one of the better posters in here. But to me, Lin isn't a top 10 PG in this league. Not yet anyway. Out of the top of my head, in no particular order:
    1. CP3
    2. D-Will
    3. Rose
    4. Westbrook
    5. Rondo
    6. Lowry
    7. Curry
    8. Nash (still killin' it)
    9. Tony Parker
    10. Lawson

I acknowledge that Lin has oodles of potential and I admire his fearlessness(Edit: Scratch that. Forgot about the "85%" for the playoffs issue) and work ethic. But top 10 PG? Right now? No. He has a lot to prove still. I'd have no problem eating crow if he does beast next season though. lol
    Last edited by MeloforMayor; Aug 29, 2012 at 04:55.

ESPN Forecast Worst Newcomer 2012-2013

1. Lin

2. Joe Johnson

3. Bynum

4. Felton

5 Beasley

6. Crawford

7. Kidd