Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More from BSPN

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lin probably is a top ten point guard and i think he has huge potential. Its really tough to say exactly how good he is but we shall see. He has a great attitude and a great work ethic, if he becomes a star he could end up back here in 2015
    Agreed, although I'd be surprised if Dolan has gotten over his resentment with Lin by then.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    I don't know man.. I respect your opinion and think that you're one of the better posters in here. But to me, Lin isn't a top 10 PG in this league. Not yet anyway. Out of the top of my head, in no particular order:
    1. CP3
    2. D-Will
    3. Rose
    4. Westbrook
    5. Rondo
    6. Lowry
    7. Curry
    8. Nash (still killin' it)
    9. Tony Parker
    10. Lawson

I acknowledge that Lin has oodles of potential and I admire his fearlessness(Edit: Scratch that. Forgot about the "85%" for the playoffs issue) and work ethic. But top 10 PG? Right now? No. He has a lot to prove still. I'd have no problem eating crow if he does beast next season though. lol
    Thanks. I'd put Lin ahead of Lawson and Lowry seasoning.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    ESPN Forecast Worst Newcomer 2012-2013

1. Lin

2. Joe Johnson

3. Bynum

4. Felton

5 Beasley

6. Crawford

7. Kidd

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I can't for the life of me figure out why JJ is on this list. He should have an easy time of it this season playing with a point the caliber of DWill.

Lin could struggle, but I think he'll still be very good.

He's one of the smartest players in the league, already. He has quickness that rivals that of D. Rose, a sweet high-arching jumper and he finishes around the rim at will.

He took us on that run without Melo and Amare for a good portion of it. So I think as long as he's able to control tempo completely he can run with an average squad just fine. We have seen this people.

Lin is a beast.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Aug 29, 2012 at 10:15.

I do think that getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil.

Felton did not play well the last whole season, there is no reason he can be a good PG all of sudden. As a matter of fact, no teams really want to play him.

Older kidd is going to get older, not another way around.

Originally Posted by Peter
    I do think that getting Felton and Kidd instead is some kind of downgrade which will lead to turmoil.

Felton did not play well the last whole season, there is no reason he can be a good PG all of sudden. As a matter of fact, no teams really want to play him.

Older kidd is going to get older, not another way around.
    Yea, Felton didn't impress last year. At the same time, we don't need him to come in and drop 20/10 for us. He just has to be an average to a little above-average manager and not get carried away. He can tickle twine from distance a little bit, he can dish the rock, and he seems to be in game shape to start the season. Kidd is great insurance as a big solid rock that we can lean on in difficult stretches.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Yea, Felton didn't impress last year. At the same time, we don't need him to come in and drop 20/10 for us. He just has to be an average to a little above-average manager and not get carried away. He can tickle twine from distance a little bit, he can dish the rock, and he seems to be in game shape to start the season. Kidd is great insurance as a big solid rock that we can lean on in difficult stretches.
    If lin is a average PG, no way felton is a little above-average PG.
    After checking kidd's data from last season, you have to admit it a downgrade for the PG position.
    Realistic goal for knicks is 5-7 seeds this coming season.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Peter what teams do you have ahead of the Knicks?

Bulls - No

Celtics - No

Nets - No

Lin is not a top 10 let alone 15 PG

1. Paul
    2. Rose
    3. Rondo
    4. Williams
    5. Parker
    6. Westbrook
    7. Nash
    8. Irving
    9. Lawson
    10. Rubio
    11. Lowry
    12. Conley
    13. Holiday
    14. Wall
    15. Jennings
    16. Curry
    17. Dragic
    18. Lin

Gat damn look at all those pgs.. Just goes to show how stacked the pg position is. Yeah I wouldn't put Lin above any of those guys yet. He does have potential tho.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin is not a top 10 let alone 15 PG

1. Paul
    2. Rose
    3. Rondo
    4. Williams
    5. Parker
    6. Westbrook
    7. Nash
    8. Irving
    9. Lawson- he's a top 15 guy. not a gd shooter. can't stretch defenses. limited ceiling
    10. Rubio- he has literally no jumpshot
    11. Lowry- he's v gd, houston sucked w him last season
    12. Conley- no. just no. Conley is a gd player, but never at any point in the season did he show anything close to wht Lin showed.
    13. Holiday- hasn't shown he can hold down the position on his own. Sweet lou is prolly better than him. You're overrating him
    14. Wall- vastly inefficient. plays almost no defense, hasn't figured out how to make anyone better yet
    15. Jennings- same as Wall
    16. Curry- i think he's already top 10. there are few players w more skill than him.
    17. Dragic- common seriously
    18. Lin
    My list:

Paul 1
    Rose 2
    DWill 3
    Parker 4
    Rondo 5
    Irving 6
    Westbrook 7
    Nash 8
    Curry 9
    Lin 10

I can't put Lin ahead of Kyrie or Curry. Curry and Kyrie have more offensive skill than any of the players listed except Paul and DWill. They're just young and lack experience..

Again Lin has a complete set of offensive skills and natural gifts (mental awareness included) already at this early point in his career though tht players like Conley, Wall, Dragic,Lowery, Lawson don't got. Guys like this either don't have as much skill or lack the complete skill set that Lin has.

In my opinion Lin's game compares very well to Tony Parker and DRose but he shoots from three better than them both.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Aug 29, 2012 at 15:02.

Originally Posted by Peter
    If lin is a average PG, no way felton is a little above-average PG.
    After checking kidd's data from last season, you have to admit it a downgrade for the PG position.
    Realistic goal for knicks is 5-7 seeds this coming season.
    Dear Peter,

I failed to be very clear, I meant to say that all we need from Felton is that he play at an average to maybe a little above-average level. We don't need crazy production from him. Fat Ray has to come in, manage the game, drop the rock down to Melo and maybe run some P&Rs with the big fellas.

Kidds numbers were pitiful last year, but they've been ugly for a few years now. I think he hit something like 36% fg last year, I mean, looking at his stats you would think Kidd is a bum.

But what he brings is the intangibles, I know this is cliche, but it is true, he brings things that don't show up on the sheet. For example, if Felton will be shakey in the 4th, or if he is having an off game, Kidd is perfect to come in there and manage.

I would've preferred Lin-Kidd over Felton-Kidd, absolutely; at the same time, I don't think we're weak at the PG spot by any means.

Regards,
    orangeblobman

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Dear Peter,

I failed to be very clear, I meant to say that all we need from Felton is that he play at an average to maybe a little above-average level. We don't need crazy production from him. Fat Ray has to come in, manage the game, drop the rock down to Melo and maybe run some P&Rs with the big fellas.

Kidds numbers were pitiful last year, but they've been ugly for a few years now. I think he hit something like 36% fg last year, I mean, looking at his stats you would think Kidd is a bum.

But what he brings is the intangibles, I know this is cliche, but it is true, he brings things that don't show up on the sheet. For example, if Felton will be shakey in the 4th, or if he is having an off game, Kidd is perfect to come in there and manage.

I would've preferred Lin-Kidd over Felton-Kidd, absolutely; at the same time, I don't think we're weak at the PG spot by any means.

Regards,
    orangeblobman
    Agreed, what he will bring to the lockerroom is huge especially with 2 guys that think they're 1a and 1b. I'm sure after the Lin run, there were factions behind closed doors. I've never seen the jealousy from other NBA stars as I saw then....at least from outside players, ie Deron, and the Heat. It was like they were playing their championship game when Lin showed up. Now with the offseason contract comments....I'm positive there were lines drawn in that lockerroom. Kidd would have been a huge help to bring a cohesive unit on and off the court. Coach K, trusted Kidd with the 2008 Olympic team to run his offensive sets, using his feel of the players.

On the court, he'll find them in scoring spots, where they're just catching and shooting in one motion. Carlisle scrapped his need to call every offensive set half way through their first year together. Kidd is about winning first and foremost.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    My list:

Paul 1
    Rose 2
    DWill 3
    Parker 4
    Rondo 5
    Irving 6
    Westbrook 7
    Nash 8
    Curry 9
    Lin 10

I can't put Lin ahead of Kyrie or Curry. Curry and Kyrie have more offensive skill than any of the players listed except Paul and DWill. They're just young and lack experience..

Again Lin has a complete set of offensive skills and natural gifts (mental awareness included) already at this early point in his career though tht players like Conley, Wall, Dragic,Lowery, Lawson don't got. Guys like this either don't have as much skill or lack the complete skill set that Lin has.

In my opinion Lin's game compares very well to Tony Parker and DRose but he shoots from three better than them both.
    Lin does not have a complete set of offensive skills and natural gifts, if thats the case the he's reached his peak

He has a weak left hand, gets caught in the air too much, turns the ball over too much, only PG I've seen get ripped before crossing half court with ease.

Ty Lawson is an Elite PG hands down, if he were bigger he'd be even better

Lin if for sure top 20 but we've only seen but so much I also think he's a little bit selfish inside to be honest, real PG's differ to the teams best player, Lin was still in 1 on 5 mode when STAT and Melo came back, I still think he has a poor understanding of running a team from the lead spot, mainly because he played off the ball in college

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin does not have a complete set of offensive skills and natural gifts, if thats the case the he's reached his peak

He has a weak left hand, gets caught in the air too much, turns the ball over too much, only PG I've seen get ripped before crossing half court with ease.

Ty Lawson is an Elite PG hands down, if he were bigger he'd be even better

Lin if for sure top 20 but we've only seen but so much I also think he's a little bit selfish inside to be honest, real PG's differ to the teams best player, Lin was still in 1 on 5 mode when STAT and Melo came back, I still think he has a poor understanding of running a team from the lead spot, mainly because he played off the ball in college
    Jeremy Lin is fine going to his left. He does like to finish/go right though. He is almost unstoppable going right and getting to the right elbow, so he tends to favor driving to that hand.

He CAN finish with his left hand though. You don't make it to the NBA as a guard without having serious skill with either hand. Period. Guys do have tendencies/preferences on how they use their skills though.

Take a look at this..

It's some pretty comprehensive scouting on Lin.

You're overrating Ty Lawson. He is not elite CA7.

Lin helped us beat

The Lakers "who just came off of back to back games"

The Mavs "who came out dead last season & played like sh*t overall as a team"

All the other teams we were SUPPOSE to beat they weren't even playoff teams (except the Hawks and jazz)

And now Lin is one of the top Pg's in the NBA?

Lets not forget teams were still trying to figure out Lin's strengths and weaknesses during this "LINSANITY" spurt.

This is LIN after MIAMI ripped the soul out of Lin and killed the Linsanity ERA on February 23... i'm sure we all know what happened there.

Mar 12 @ CHI L 99 - 104 //// 4 - 11
    Mar 11 vs. PHI L 94 - 106 //// 5 - 18
    Mar 09 @ MIL L 114 - 119 //// 8 - 14
    Mar 07 @ SAS L 105 - 118 //// 7 - 15
    Mar 06 @ DAL L 85 - 95 //// 4 - 13
    Mar 04 @ BOS L 111-115 //// 6-16

^^^^^^^ Lin after the Heat exposed him.

I'm not bashing Lin or saying he's a terrible player (i wish him the best of luck next season) my point is "He's just not their yet, however i feel he has alot of potential"
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 29, 2012 at 21:37.

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Peter what teams do you have ahead of the Knicks?

Bulls - No

Celtics - No

Nets - No
    Heat,Celtics,Nets,Bulls

Pacer,Knicks,76er,Bucks

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Jeremy Lin is fine going to his left. He does like to finish/go right though. He is almost unstoppable going right and getting to the right elbow, so he tends to favor driving to that hand.

He CAN finish with his left hand though. You don't make it to the NBA as a guard without having serious skill with either hand. Period. Guys do have tendencies/preferences on how they use their skills though.

Take a look at this..

It's some pretty comprehensive scouting on Lin.

You're overrating Ty Lawson. He is not elite CA7.
    Lin "Can" finish with his left but he cant handle pressure when being guarded by stout defenders "Mario Chalmers". Lin's flaws are being over looked because he was never game planned for, but when he was he **** the bed, pissed his pants and tucked his tail between his legs and ran.

Ty Lawson's numbers 16.4 pts, 6.6 ast, 48/36/82, 2.75-1 A/TO ratio in his 1st year playing as a full time starter. There's only 5 or 6 PG's I'd prolly take over Ty.

Also numbers dont tell the whole story, Lawson runs his team like a real floor general and defends his position well while being undersized