More from BSPN

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
In fairness to Lin, after the Miami game the Knicks went 7-7. Yes they won against crap teams with the exception of a win against the Sixers. But when you consider that we ended up a seven seed going in to the playoffs, were we really supposed to beat those teams you list? Plus factor in we had a PG that was learning on the job so to speak. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat and you take that.

Felton could prolly stand to lose a couple more pounds, although he does play well anyway with a couple of extra percentage points of body fat on him. I agree that he's slimmed and I'll take him at the weight he is currently.

I agree with you that Felton is prolly the right guy to run the team with Woodson as our coach and Melo being the ball-stopper he is. Lin is just more dynamic though.

IMO better player > better fit/ worse player.

If Melo and Woodson had any common sense they'd be all for letting the game be made easier by the devasting Lin/Tyson/Amare pick and roll run for stretches in games. Melo could till get his touches for stretches. During the P n R stretches w Lin options open up for Melo as they did for Novak. Melo was never open to this type of play and this was v short-sighted of him. I don't believe for a sec that Melo can't simply catch and shoot. He is prolific. I hesitate to call him stupid but he's prolly a lil stupid and stubborn for this.

I think it could have worked between Woodson, Melo and Lin. However, I believe the former two did not want this to happen, along with our owner, and I will be forever PO'd re this.
I think we were suppose to beat those teams i listed we had

"Linsanity"
Melo
Chandler
Amare

im expecting a W against anyone we were to play +20 point game blow outs :lol: but i see where your coming from.

Felton will probably shed more pounds when training camp starts up like always, it's just a matter of if he can continue to stay in shape throughout the season.

Carmelo is the best player on the Knicks and woody is going to run the offense through him no matter what (Lin or no Lin), though i expect stat to get more touches this season (pause). This is why i say Lin is better off in Houston and were better off with Felton. Woody is not going to play Dantoni ball and run P&R with Lin and chandler all day while Amare and Carmelo catch and shoot when open, he's going to go with his proven star players sitting on the big fat contracts and run the offense through them, it's their job to make something happen.

I don't believe woody fully ever even fully trusted Lin @ PG the way Dantoni did just from looking at his body language and listening to after game interviews

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I think the Felton situation is very overrated, im not worried about him at all. Im convinced that he wants to win here in NY and will give it his best. Usually players get a half pass when theres a shortened season, not saying i necessarily agree with that but people will forget he was outta shape last year.

Lets be real...the Bulls will be trash next year. Not worried about them at all. After Miami i think the 2nd best record is obtainable for a number of teams...Knicks, Celtics, Pacers, 76ers. But not the Bulls or Nets

At the end of the day how good or great we are is dependent on how well Stat plays. I have a good idea of what to expect from everybody else

CA7

Scoring Champ
Listen I like Ty, but there's quite a few more players than 5 that I'd pick before him.

You really taking Ty before Kyrie? Curry? Nash? Parker? Westbrook? Common man.

The game against Miami is JUST one game. All players can have a bad game. People put way too much stock into that one famed bed-****ting. Miami came out Like it was game seven in ECF, loaded for bear like Lin said foul **** about each of their moms before the game. They took that game personally. Players have to fall, pick themselves up and learn from their mistakes. Why make it more than it was?

Ty Lawson was a rare case, played in college for a while, came into the league as a back up. Lawson is a victim of non-hype similar to how Billups was extremely under valued for years even after winning a title.

Lawson at the moment is better than Kyrie/Curry/Nash he's in the 2nd tier of elite PG's

1st Tier- Paul/Rose/Rondo/Williams
2nd Tier- Lawson/Westbrook

all Elite Lawson just needs to lead Denver out the 1st Round and Westbrook needs to run the show better he's too much of a scorer

Ask any basketball savvy person, Ty Lawson is legit in every way like I said if he was 6'2/6'3 he'd be even better

TakMan

Rotation player
You picked out all of the bad games. That's easy.

After the Miami game he averaged 14.9 ppg, 6.8 assist, which is not bad for a so-called struggling player.

15/7 is still not as good as what Felton averaged last time he played for us. Add to that his 3 TO per game, and you have a fairly average PG. A condensed season with no prior conditioning involved favours average players with a point to prove. It compresses the gap between elite/good/average players. Even under such a favourable environment, Lin failed to appear as anything more than just a good PG. Next season his true basketball colours will be revealed, and they wont be anywhere near as impressive as many of you like to think.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
This is a very good thread but

not to be a troll or rain on anyone parade but everyone knows that its going to be a lakers-miami final for the next three years right? Knicks in the NBA finals is just optimism at this point Lin/No-Lin it dosen't matter. Until Kobe/Nash (because we all know dwight is not a leader of men) retire or god forbid Lebron gets hurt/ goes on a sabbatical like jordan did this is the 90s knicks all over again

I think that is the point of the article on ESPN how do the Knicks stack up against other teams in the league and can we compete for a title. If we can't even get past the Celtics/Heat in the first round two years in a row how can we realistically think that we can beat the Lakers and the Miamis of the World? Yes we may have the personnel on paper to compete, but many of these players or either in there prime, tail end of their prime injury prone or way past it and need to retire (here's looking at you kidd/kurt thomas)

It's one thing to be optimistic and excited about your team but it another to be realistic and realistically our team data shows we are not that good

Rob Low

Rotation player
not to be a troll or rain on anyone parade but everyone knows that its going to be a lakers-miami final for the next three years right? Knicks in the NBA finals is just optimism at this point Lin/No-Lin it dosen't matter. Until Kobe/Nash (because we all know dwight is not a leader of men) retire or god forbid Lebron gets hurt/ goes on a sabbatical like jordan did this is the 90s knicks all over again

I think that is the point of the article on ESPN how do the Knicks stack up against other teams in the league and can we compete for a title. If we can't even get past the Celtics/Heat in the first round two years in a row how can we realistically think that we can beat the Lakers and the Miamis of the World? Yes we may have the personnel on paper to compete, but many of these players or either in there prime, tail end of their prime injury prone or way past it and need to retire (here's looking at you kidd/kurt thomas)

It's one thing to be optimistic and excited about your team but it another to be realistic and realistically our team data shows we are not that good

debbie-the-downer.gif

knicksince 93

Rotation player

go away.... maybe we arent better then them as we speak but to just count a veteran savvy star studded team out is just dumb. and besides watch out for the deadline deal of felton, chandler and shump for paul, i'm not trying to start any trade miss because thats the last thing we need on our forum is another trade idea. but as is its not likely we will beat them both of them but i dont see the heat owning us for the duration of our respective players primes. the first one to start breaking down is gonna be wade and thats gonna happen even before stat breaks down

Kiyaman

Legend

Great Point .... our offseason transaction gave ESPN all the extra-amunition they need to bash the Knicks organization decision to give away so many young future NBA players for veteran players who will retire in the next 1 or 2 seasons.

It was never about ranking "Lin-Sanity" with the NBA top-10 PG .. it's all about Lin-Sanity gellin-chemistry with Knicks teammates without any serious practice sessions for 27 straight games (8-15 record to 25-25 record).
Its been a very long time since the Knicks had a PG like "Lin-Sanity" that brang the best out of each teammate on the roster with a consistency of improvement (Mark Jackson).
After the Lin-Sanity Knicks beat the Lakers/Mavs/and a double-header of the Pacers, the Knicks became the number #1 NBA team to beat.

The Chicago Bulls 50-16 record was outstanding without their Super-Star PG-Rose for half a season.
The Spurs 50-16 record was outstanding too .. with PG-Parker & C-Duncan.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Yeah, I figured sooner or later someone would say this. The East reminds me of the 90's era too. Everyone in the east needs to go through Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls.. now its LeBron, Wade, and the HEAT. It'll be hard beat these sons of bitches, but if the Knicks can manage to go toe-to-toe with them in the ECF for several years? Shiiiit.. I'd be a damn proud Knicks fan. :smokin:

Hmmmm.. just a question (may be a stupid one, lol) Would you rather have a Knicks team that constantly gets 50+wins for the next decade, Maybe a Finals appearance, but no championship?

OR

We win the chip next year, but we become the worst team in the league for another decade after the Melo era? lol.. this offseason is making me lose my mind. :hoops:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yeah, I figured sooner or later someone would say this. The East reminds me of the 90's era too. Everyone in the east needs to go through Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls.. now its LeBron, Wade, and the HEAT. It'll be hard beat these sons of bitches, but if the Knicks can manage to go toe-to-toe with them in the ECF for several years? Shiiiit.. I'd be a damn proud Knicks fan. :smokin:

Hmmmm.. just a question (may be a stupid one, lol) Would you rather have a Knicks team that constantly gets 50+wins for the next decade, Maybe a Finals appearance, but no championship?

OR

We win the chip next year, but we become the worst team in the league for another decade after the Melo era? lol.. this offseason is making me lose my mind. :hoops:

That's a tough one. I will go with the championship, because we have not, well, many of us have not, experienced this in our life, so I'll go with that chip.

But if, for example, we won a chip maybe 5 or 10 years ago, I would rather go with the decade of 50+ wins.

Peter

Benchwarmer
go away.... maybe we arent better then them as we speak but to just count a veteran savvy star studded team out is just dumb. and besides watch out for the deadline deal of felton, chandler and shump for paul, i'm not trying to start any trade miss because thats the last thing we need on our forum is another trade idea. but as is its not likely we will beat them both of them but i dont see the heat owning us for the duration of our respective players primes. the first one to start breaking down is gonna be wade and thats gonna happen even before stat breaks down
felton, chandler and shump for paul? You are too generous. I would be very happy if I were clipper fan.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ty Lawson was a rare case, played in college for a while, came into the league as a back up. Lawson is a victim of non-hype similar to how Billups was extremely under valued for years even after winning a title.

Lawson at the moment is better than Kyrie/Curry/Nash he's in the 2nd tier of elite PG's

1st Tier- Paul/Rose/Rondo/Williams
2nd Tier- Lawson/Westbrook

all Elite Lawson just needs to lead Denver out the 1st Round and Westbrook needs to run the show better he's too much of a scorer

Ask any basketball savvy person, Ty Lawson is legit in every way like I said if he was 6'2/6'3 he'd be even better

Dude the bolded is just wild.

There's no way in hell Lawson is more talented than Nash, Kyrie, Curry.

Kyrie's skills are utterly ridiculous. He could be top 5 next season. That dude's game is crazy.

Again Lawson is v gd. He aint elite though.

He 's just a v solid (pause) player

Ty Lawson is more Aaron Brooks right now than CP3.

Lol.. okay maybe he's not quite in that category but he def aint elite, not yet anyway.

I put Curry in similar category to Kyrie, just ridiculous talent.

And he def doesn't have the impact of a guy like Nash. He's not better than Tony Parker either.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter

OR

Chip. I know what watching a losing team for 10+ years is like, I can handle that. I just want to see a Knicks championship in my lifetime.

p0nder

Starter

A solid argument but the knicks are not the same team from the 90's. They aren't the same team from 2010 that was put out by Boston. The team that played the Heat was far different from the one we will put on the floor this year as well. So while yes the history shows that the knicks did not beat the bulls/celtics/heat what is to say a revamped team led by a rejuvenated STAT/Melo with additions of Felton/Camby/Kidd/Brewer won't be able to? I know it's "On paper" But doesn't that team have the talent to go toe-to-toe with miami/lakers? I understand the pessimism as a knicks fan but for a lot of basketball reasons you have to feel good about this teams chances to get past the Heat in the East.

Tyson/STAT $hit all over miami's front court, Melo performs very well against lebron, and shump/brewer/JR/Felton/Kidd is a very solid backcourt rotation that can deal with a breaking down wade and an over-confident chalmers.

There's a lot of solid reasons to be optimistic about our chances. The season hasn't stated yet so i guess it's all 'to-be-determined' but there's as many reasons to be hopeful as there are for being a party-pooper. I don't think i'm looking at this with rose-colored glasses when i say that 2nd seed and ECF/finals is attainable for this squad.

Rob Low

Rotation player

No way I would include Shump in any trade unless it was straight up for another all star. I would also try to keep Chandler because him and Paul are good friends and have good chemistry. I would trade Stat,Felton, and Brewer for him. That seems like a steal for us now but I think Amare and Felton will both play well this year and up their trade value by the trade deadline.

WeReady

Benchwarmer

But hasn't STAT broken down first? so according to your logic your admitting we are behind the heat wade already has two rings so....

I was not trying to discount our team just being realistic, i understand being optimistic but i can name 6-7 teams in the league that are better than the knicks ( and yes most of those teams reside in the west) and that i can see winning the trophy over the next three years. STAT-Melo has demonstrated that they cannot work together, but now they are going to overcome all these odds and win a championship? I can't realistically see it or look for "theoretical trades" so this tandem to work can you, based upon what you have seen so far. They are going to be good but not elite good and im ok with that, i know what kind of team this is