More from BSPN

WeReady

Benchwarmer
A solid argument but the knicks are not the same team from the 90's. They aren't the same team from 2010 that was put out by Boston. The team that played the Heat was far different from the one we will put on the floor this year as well. So while yes the history shows that the knicks did not beat the bulls/celtics/heat what is to say a revamped team led by a rejuvenated STAT/Melo with additions of Felton/Camby/Kidd/Brewer won't be able to? I know it's "On paper" But doesn't that team have the talent to go toe-to-toe with miami/lakers? I understand the pessimism as a knicks fan but for a lot of basketball reasons you have to feel good about this teams chances to get past the Heat in the East.

Tyson/STAT $hit all over miami's front court, Melo performs very well against lebron, and shump/brewer/JR/Felton/Kidd is a very solid backcourt rotation that can deal with a breaking down wade and an over-confident chalmers.

There's a lot of solid reasons to be optimistic about our chances. The season hasn't stated yet so i guess it's all 'to-be-determined' but there's as many reasons to be hopeful as there are for being a party-pooper. I don't think i'm looking at this with rose-colored glasses when i say that 2nd seed and ECF/finals is attainable for this squad.

Yes i will deifiently TBD this team i just dont want to set the bar too high for this team we all know what happened last year pre-season.

And to answer the previous poster question i will take the championship because i can survive another 10 years of losing but ive never experienced a NBA championship in my lifetime we already did the 50 win thing/champhionship appearance

Peter

Benchwarmer
The Knicks in 2012-2013 is a team full of overpaid players that is a first round team at best. They have two PGs that are older than 35 and one is coming off an awful season and is overweight.

They have a SF that is a ballhog and a PF that gets paid like a 1st tier superstar but is a 2nd tier at best when healthy ( which was a few years ago) and those two players do not mesh on the court... Tyson Chandler is a good pickup but they Knicks paid too much for him.

Overall, the Knicks tend to overspend for players they think will make them contenders but at the end, they will be hanging around the bottom of the playoff spot in the East and more than likely will get knock off the first round because Carmelo Anthony will try to outscore the other team in points throughout the playoffs. So far, the Knicks with Anthony in the playoffs is 1-8 which is pretty awful if you ask me.

Fan from other team

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Peter Doggy Dog:

It's all in how you look at it, my friend.

The points you bring, this is equivalent to putting an ugly spin on it.

I understand why you might have this inclination, because, as you put it, you are a fan of a different team.

Now I wish to tell you why I, as a fan of this New York team, see it in a different light:

What was yesterday is not today, and it is certainly not tomorrow. Carmelo has been feeling the pressure from the critics that will call him selfish, and little things like his work-out instagrams tell me that he is working to address the criticisms. In a normal off-season, there is not much that he can do outside of instagram and twitter posts to quell his dissenters, and this would be a strong indicator in any other off-season.

But this off-season, in addition to his instagram workouts, Team USA played in the Olympics and Melo rubbed shoulders with the Big Boys while dropping significant buckets of his own.

He's coming into season in shape and he's coming into a team where he will asked to be the top dog scorer but not the top dog personality: his inadequacies as a leader of men have been addressed by the front office in the form of Kidd, Kurt Thomas and Cambyman. Now the weight is off his shoulders to do too much at such a young age, and he can get back to doing what he does best while guys like Jason Kidd and Big Tyson handle the locker room duties.

It's a different year because of the reasons we just outlined and there is no doubt in my mind that 2012-2013 will witness a considerable evolution not only in Carmelo's game but also in the fortunes of the New York Knicks.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Last season we had 0 bench to begin the season after Tyson chandler trade took away the mle to further prevent us from bulking up and after the previous trade of melo which gutted the whole team to just bones

Where injuries took further toll on our already depleted roster and had us searching from within for some desperate answers (ie Lin/Novak)

I can safely say we are way better off this season with the added veteran help where we got at least 4 guys able to get down and dirty and give use valuable and extended minutes if need be

Peter

Benchwarmer
Peter Doggy Dog:

It's all in how you look at it, my friend.

The points you bring, this is equivalent to putting an ugly spin on it.

I understand why you might have this inclination, because, as you put it, you are a fan of a different team.

Now I wish to tell you why I, as a fan of this New York team, see it in a different light:

What was yesterday is not today, and it is certainly not tomorrow. Carmelo has been feeling the pressure from the critics that will call him selfish, and little things like his work-out instagrams tell me that he is working to address the criticisms. In a normal off-season, there is not much that he can do outside of instagram and twitter posts to quell his dissenters, and this would be a strong indicator in any other off-season.

But this off-season, in addition to his instagram workouts, Team USA played in the Olympics and Melo rubbed shoulders with the Big Boys while dropping significant buckets of his own.

He's coming into season in shape and he's coming into a team where he will asked to be the top dog scorer but not the top dog personality: his inadequacies as a leader of men have been addressed by the front office in the form of Kidd, Kurt Thomas and Cambyman. Now the weight is off his shoulders to do too much at such a young age, and he can get back to doing what he does best while guys like Jason Kidd and Big Tyson handle the locker room duties.

It's a different year because of the reasons we just outlined and there is no doubt in my mind that 2012-2013 will witness a considerable evolution not only in Carmelo's game but also in the fortunes of the New York Knicks.
Dont be mistaken. I only copied that words from another site. I kind of agree with some of what he said, though too harsh.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Do you think Lawson could ever in his life pull off this series of moves against prime team USA comp?

The answer is ... hell no!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks 2012-13 season success will be in the hands of headcoach Mike Woodson to shut-down any negative theories by sports writers.

Coach Woody has the tools to experiment with two different lineups to win the Atlantic Division title .... Kid/Brewer/Novak/Stat/Camby -vs- Felton/Smith/Melo/K.Thomas/Tyson .. Stat needs a PG like Kidd, and Melo need a PG like Felton. Its not about what lineup start the game (Kidd/Brewer/Melo/Stat/Tyson), it's all about how we finish the game.

Originally Posted by CA7
Ty Lawson was a rare case, played in college for a while, came into the league as a back up. Lawson is a victim of non-hype similar to how Billups was extremely under valued for years even after winning a title.

Lawson at the moment is better than Kyrie/Curry/Nash he's in the 2nd tier of elite PG's

Ty Lawson & Isiaah Thomas were supposed to be drafted as Knicks by way of trade on draft night.
Ty Lawson won a NCAA championship ring, but his NBA rookie season was not as good as the Knicks rookie Toney Douglas. After two seasons of being tutored by Chauncey Billups hardcore discipline Ty Lawson 2nd season in the NBA became outstanding as a pass-first PG .. showing the ability to get all his teammates in on the offense old & new teammates, plus the ability to call-out defensive plays (playing like a 5 year veteran PG in his 3rd season in the NBA).
Ty Lawson all-around talent as a scoring PG may not touch the high quality of talent in Nash/Curry/Kyrie, however when it comes to being a discipline PG Ty Lawson is on par with Nash/Parker/and Kidd.

CA7 .... your wording shouldve been the high-quality of performance Ty Lawson showed as a pass-first PG for the Denver Nuggets.

The Knicks 2012-13 season success will be in the hands of headcoach Mike Woodson to shut-down any negative theories by sports writers.

Coach Woody has the tools to experiment with two different lineups to win the Atlantic Division title .... Kid/Brewer/Novak/Stat/Camby -vs- Felton/Smith/Melo/K.Thomas/Tyson .. Stat needs a PG like Kidd, and Melo need a PG like Felton. Its not about what lineup start the game (Kidd/Brewer/Melo/Stat/Tyson), it's all about how we finish the game.

Ty Lawson & Isiaah Thomas were supposed to be drafted as Knicks by way of trade on draft night.
Ty Lawson won a NCAA championship ring, but his NBA rookie season was not as good as the Knicks rookie Toney Douglas. After two seasons of being tutored by Chauncey Billups hardcore discipline Ty Lawson 2nd season in the NBA became outstanding as a pass-first PG .. showing the ability to get all his teammates in on the offense old & new teammates, plus the ability to call-out defensive plays (playing like a 5 year veteran PG in his 3rd season in the NBA).
Ty Lawson all-around talent as a scoring PG may not touch the high quality of talent in Nash/Curry/Kyrie, however when it comes to being a discipline PG Ty Lawson is on par with Nash/Parker/and Kidd.

CA7 .... your wording shouldve been the high-quality of performance Ty Lawson showed as a pass-first PG for the Denver Nuggets.

We all now amare isn't going to come off the bench. :boohoo:

elcol

Rotation player
Do you think Lawson could ever in his life pull off this series of moves against prime team USA comp?

The answer is ... hell no!

Yes, he can, Lawson is an NBA player, a very good one at that.. Lawson has danced and probably will keep on dancing on NBA players. He is a very good player and easily better than Irving at this point. Think back to Lakers Nuggets series..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well I want to make it v clearly that I don't agree. Kyrie is a beast bro.

He's a much better shooter than Lawson and I think his ball control is better. He was ROY and will probably be a perennial all-star.

Lawson is v gd, but Kyrie is on the cusp of greatness.

Rob Low

Rotation player
There's a reason Kyrie was on the select team and Lawson was not. There's a reason why Kyrie was a number 1 overall pick and Lawson was 20th. Kyrie will be an all star next year and is already a top 10 PG. I'd be shocked if Lawson ever makes an all star team or ever becomes a top 10 PG

CA7

Scoring Champ
Kyrie Irving is a great basketball player

Ty Lawson is a great basketball player

I prefer Kyrie but just think right now Lawson is slightly better

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Kyrie Irving>>Lawson

Irving is only 20 and already a BEAST. He's only going to get better, in 2-3 more years he'll be pretty scary.

in a tight scheduled 66 game season, your a rookie averaging 18ppg/5apg/3rpg and ontop of that irving was clearly the best player on the cavs so all eyes on him and he still managed to shoot 40 percent from 3 point land and have a 46% FG%

Lawson is a beast to but i'd still take Kyrie over him.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Well I want to make it v clearly that I don't agree. Kyrie is a beast bro.

He's a much better shooter than Lawson and I think his ball control is better. He was ROY and will probably be a perennial all-star.

Lawson is v gd, but Kyrie is on the cusp of greatness.

The "cusp of greatness"? LOL wow it doesn't take much to impress some people here. When you've seen guys like Bird, Magic, Thomas, Hakeem, Jordan, Stockton, Payton, Barkley, Johnson... over an extended period ---

You don't use the term "greatness" for a guy who's only played 1 season. If you do that now, then by year 3 you'll be declaring him a HOFer. (ridiculous)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The "cusp of greatness"? LOL wow it doesn't take much to impress some people here. When you've seen guys like Bird, Magic, Thomas, Hakeem, Jordan, Stockton, Payton, Barkley, Johnson... over an extended period ---

You don't use the term "greatness" for a guy who's only played 1 season. If you do that now, then by year 3 you'll be declaring him a HOFer. (ridiculous)

Why not use the term greatness in his first season?? Was Jordan not great in his rookie season? Magic won a title his first season. He wasn't great yet right?

Whether it's the first season or not it's okay to declare what is warranted based on the ability that is there. You just have to be able to see it.

I said he is on the "cusp" of greatness. Irving eventually being on par with the above greats is totally within the realm of possibility. From what I can see... that dude is basically unguardable already. He has the skills to be great frankly.

The thing is it's not just me - CP3, Kobe.. guys like this recognize that it's just a matter of time.

Will you?? Probably not.

Last edited: