Thread: If the Nets are relatively successful this season...

Hybrid View

Default If the Nets are relatively successful this season...

do you think it will have any affect on how Dolan will run the Knicks in the next few years?

It would be a situation he's never dealt with: an in-city rival who has the potential to embarrass him night in and night out.

The Knicks as a franchise haven't made good decisions for consecutive years since the early 90's. We haven't drafted a true star player since Ewing. How Dolan doesn't see that as an issue is beyond me, but maybe the arrival of a new team will make him see the writing on the wall....

Dolan will trade away Chandler&shump + depth for a 3rd superstar and form a big 3 to make everyone forget about Brooklyn

this is the face of a man that will do anything by all means necessary

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 28, 2012 at 17:52.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    [I]Dolan will trade away Chandler&shump + depth for a 3rd superstar and form a big 3 to make everyone forget about Brooklyn
    So basically, there's no string of events that could ever lead to Dolan hiring a GM who makes the right moves and letting that guy make decisions for an extended period of time? Got it....

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    So basically, there's no string of events that could ever lead to Dolan hiring a GM who makes the right moves and letting that guy make decisions for an extended period of time? Got it....
    well our current GM Grunwald i feel is a relatively good GM, but the thing is our front office can make all the moves they want but James Dolan makes the final decisions (examples Not matching Lin & Melo Trade).

Dolans just a greedy fat gut F*ck who wants his money at the end of the day.

Now that you do mention this i'd love to see the look on Dolans face if the Nyets are more successful than the Knicks this season, the Nyets owner Prokhorov already refers to Dolan as "THE LITTLE MAN"
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 28, 2012 at 18:16.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    well our current GM Grunwald i feel is a relatively good GM, but the thing is our front office can make all the moves they want but James Dolan makes the final decisions (examples Not matching Lin & Melo Trade).

Dolans just a greedy fat gut F*ck who wants his money at the end of the day.
    I hear you....

I'm just so beat down with this team. I'm just sick of never having "The Guy". When will we have the best player who makes all the other BEST players come play for him? Where's our Kobe or LBJ or Shaq? Outside of Ewing, we haven't had a true star player in decades. And we haven't had consecutive good drafts either.

Just tired of the pats on the head by the media, the laughter from other fans. Sickening. And it REALLY makes me mad that Dolan continually does the exact wrong thing everything single time. Just insanity really.....

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    I hear you....

I'm just so beat down with this team. I'm just sick of never having "The Guy". When will we have the best player who makes all the other BEST players come play for him? Where's our Kobe or LBJ or Shaq? Outside of Ewing, we haven't had a true star player in decades. And we haven't had consecutive good drafts either.

Just tired of the pats on the head by the media, the laughter from other fans. Sickening. And it REALLY makes me mad that Dolan continually does the exact wrong thing everything single time. Just insanity really.....
    New York / MSG will attract players to come play here by default & as far as superstar players we have Carmelo and Amare i feel they can lead us to a championship, if they ever get that chemistry clicking. I know neither is a kobe a or lebron but Carmelo is still one of the deadliest scorers in the NBA and Amare if he can return to his dominant 2010 form he's easily one of the best power forwards in the NBA. we have 3 more years to bring home the championship if all else fails we can always blow it up and rebuild or use our expirings as trade chips. Every key player on our roster has 3 more years left Melo, Amare, Chandler all expire the same year. We recently signed kidd, camby and felton on 3 year contracts. We will have a ton of money coming off the books by 2015. & i agree it sucks not having draft picks

Nets fans "knicks are 10th seed at best"
    Was just on their forum... LOL

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176

This from a fan of the reigning 10th best team in The East

LOL...They really think Joe Johnson is Kobe or DWade!!!
    Last edited by New New York; Aug 31, 2012 at 07:07.

And they must think Brook Lopez is gonna turn into Yao or something..

Even if he does turn into Yao we got Chandler and Camby to shut him down. I think thats the big reason why they dont match up well with us, they'll have there most success against teams where they can establish and go to Lopez throughout the game. A team like the Celtics will have a tough time with him, KG cant be guarding Lopez for a whole game at this point of his career. The Nets might actually match up well with the Heat too. Lopez can score, ill give him that.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Even if he does turn into Yao we got Chandler and Camby to shut him down. I think thats the big reason why they dont match up well with us, they'll have there most success against teams where they can establish and go to Lopez throughout the game. A team like the Celtics will have a tough time with him, KG cant be guarding Lopez for a whole game at this point of his career. The Nets might actually match up well with the Heat too. Lopez can score, ill give him that.
    Great post, but I'd take Chandler or even Camby over Lopez. Sure he has a 20ppg potential which is rare in a C. But he brings nothing you need from a center. Chandler and Camby will probably have career nights on the guy. He can't rebound or defend to save himself, rebounding and rim protection are essential from a center to compete.

Net's fans get so hyped up by his offense that they forget how much of a hole this leaves for great perimeter players to attack the rim on every play with great efficiency. That 20ppg can come from literally any other position on the field. Chandler and Camby will lock his ass down.
    Last edited by 21 Shump Street; Sep 02, 2012 at 07:13.