Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the Nets are relatively successful this season...

Default If the Nets are relatively successful this season...

do you think it will have any affect on how Dolan will run the Knicks in the next few years?

It would be a situation he's never dealt with: an in-city rival who has the potential to embarrass him night in and night out.

The Knicks as a franchise haven't made good decisions for consecutive years since the early 90's. We haven't drafted a true star player since Ewing. How Dolan doesn't see that as an issue is beyond me, but maybe the arrival of a new team will make him see the writing on the wall....

Dolan will trade away Chandler&shump + depth for a 3rd superstar and form a big 3 to make everyone forget about Brooklyn

this is the face of a man that will do anything by all means necessary

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 28, 2012 at 17:52.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    [I]Dolan will trade away Chandler&shump + depth for a 3rd superstar and form a big 3 to make everyone forget about Brooklyn
    So basically, there's no string of events that could ever lead to Dolan hiring a GM who makes the right moves and letting that guy make decisions for an extended period of time? Got it....

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    So basically, there's no string of events that could ever lead to Dolan hiring a GM who makes the right moves and letting that guy make decisions for an extended period of time? Got it....
    well our current GM Grunwald i feel is a relatively good GM, but the thing is our front office can make all the moves they want but James Dolan makes the final decisions (examples Not matching Lin & Melo Trade).

Dolans just a greedy fat gut F*ck who wants his money at the end of the day.

Now that you do mention this i'd love to see the look on Dolans face if the Nyets are more successful than the Knicks this season, the Nyets owner Prokhorov already refers to Dolan as "THE LITTLE MAN"
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 28, 2012 at 18:16.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    well our current GM Grunwald i feel is a relatively good GM, but the thing is our front office can make all the moves they want but James Dolan makes the final decisions (examples Not matching Lin & Melo Trade).

Dolans just a greedy fat gut F*ck who wants his money at the end of the day.
    I hear you....

I'm just so beat down with this team. I'm just sick of never having "The Guy". When will we have the best player who makes all the other BEST players come play for him? Where's our Kobe or LBJ or Shaq? Outside of Ewing, we haven't had a true star player in decades. And we haven't had consecutive good drafts either.

Just tired of the pats on the head by the media, the laughter from other fans. Sickening. And it REALLY makes me mad that Dolan continually does the exact wrong thing everything single time. Just insanity really.....

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    I hear you....

I'm just so beat down with this team. I'm just sick of never having "The Guy". When will we have the best player who makes all the other BEST players come play for him? Where's our Kobe or LBJ or Shaq? Outside of Ewing, we haven't had a true star player in decades. And we haven't had consecutive good drafts either.

Just tired of the pats on the head by the media, the laughter from other fans. Sickening. And it REALLY makes me mad that Dolan continually does the exact wrong thing everything single time. Just insanity really.....
    New York / MSG will attract players to come play here by default & as far as superstar players we have Carmelo and Amare i feel they can lead us to a championship, if they ever get that chemistry clicking. I know neither is a kobe a or lebron but Carmelo is still one of the deadliest scorers in the NBA and Amare if he can return to his dominant 2010 form he's easily one of the best power forwards in the NBA. we have 3 more years to bring home the championship if all else fails we can always blow it up and rebuild or use our expirings as trade chips. Every key player on our roster has 3 more years left Melo, Amare, Chandler all expire the same year. We recently signed kidd, camby and felton on 3 year contracts. We will have a ton of money coming off the books by 2015. & i agree it sucks not having draft picks

I think if this Knicks team fails (which to me is a 1st round loss) it will only get worse. The thought of Dolan being under pressure scares me, i think that makes him more likely to intervene with the gm job and force a trade that will cost us more money and draft picks.

But I can honestly say im confident that we're better then the Nets and that we're a 2nd round team. Could be 3rd round or maybe even finals depending on what Stat does on both ends of the court and what Melo does on defense

2nd round or bust this season (To the mass media) If we get tossed in the first round again you can bet **** is gonna get real next summer

If this scenario comes to fruition, and it v likely could frankly, Dolan will absolutely panic.

From there there's no telling what could happen. I'm distressed just thinking about it actually.

Superstar

From what I can see, the Nets' owner and GM are just as clueless as the Knicks....

Look for Deron to opt out of his contract after 4 years when Wallace becomes even more injury prone and Joe Johnson becomes even older. Their salary right now is ridiculous... 12 million for Kris Humpheries and around 15 mil for Brook the no rebound Lopez?

Veteran

^^And they are thinking about adding Eddy Curry and/or Hilton Armstrong to their roster.

I think both teams will do well because they both want to rept the Big Apple. We are heading for some really interesting times.

I don't see the nets being better then us this year or the forseeable future but I think both teams right now are sitting on the cusp of being great. If either team lands a big name player in the next year or two they have a legit chance at being dynasty team good.

still Dolan is a "little Man" and the porky dude seems just as foolish. it will be fun to watch them try to outspend each other on their teams and we should have a competitive group going forward. Still if anyone can blow this team up and create a vast black hole of basketball talent, it's Dolan.

Nets fans "knicks are 10th seed at best"
    Was just on their forum... LOL

Either way Dolan is a moron. His only potential use is that of a groundhog. I wouldn't be surprised if all major decisions at msg. Where based on whether or not he is startled by his own shadow when he removes his face from a pile of coke.

I only see the nets making this worse. It's kind of like the clampetts moving next door to the dukes of hazard. Or if little "bush" and dan quayle had a spelling bee.

Other possible factors that could improve the ownership.

New medical research that suggests drugs make you smart.

The human race acquires the technology to begin performing brain transplants.