OT: My Gym

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
this has been an enertaining thread with nothing else Knick-wise to talk about other than
conjecture and endless dissing. classic Metrocard put-down of OBM yet offering positive
reinforcement at the same time. passive aggressive love hate.

ya gotta admit, OBM offering up that rock pump video is classic retardation!
the man is unique!

i'm happy to know a KO poster is one of the strongest men in the world.
but who is it, OBM or Metrocard? that rock looks heavy as f*ck!!

The funny part to me is wondering how he got his newlywed wife to shoot the vid on a public beach during their honeymoon. So random. :lol:

metrocard

Legend
this has been an enertaining thread with nothing else Knick-wise to talk about other than
conjecture and endless dissing. classic Metrocard put-down of OBM yet offering positive
reinforcement at the same time. passive aggressive love hate.

ya gotta admit, OBM offering up that rock pump video is classic retardation!
the man is unique!

i'm happy to know a KO poster is one of the strongest men in the world.
but who is it, OBM or Metrocard? that rock looks heavy as f*ck!!

I ain't strong, I just lift heavy stuff with my legs :cool:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dudes. Sorry, but I've been inviting members from other boards to join the site. It's taken me a couple hours to single out the clever ones, in an attempt to get the site up to new and higher heights.

Anyone who can recruit for KO, please do so. This will be a big year for the Knicks, and KO can reap the benefits of what's unfolded.

I'm gonna move this to the hangout forum, in an attempt to keep everything as it should be now that the first preseason game is just over 2 weeks away, and I'm trying to pry posters from sh*ttier boards.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't really need to specialize in strength training to be able to squat 405.

Key to squat is actually flexibility.

I don't really care to prove anything, its something I did last year, believe or not; doesn't change anything.

I'm qualified in olympic lifting because while I was at college I went through various courses that taught me mastery of all olympic lifts and also how to train someone to master the technique in a matter of time. These are the skills that pay my bills, so respect my hustle; I'm a Personal Trainer.

orangeblog, you're a giant clown...especially for that rock press video.

Only way I can assess you is a guy with brainless muscles. You cater to strength but don't even use methods that may actually increase your strength and condition a body that needs extreme condition.

Your body is soft as baby ****, and your knowledge on exercise science goes as far as a googled article on exercise, nothing passed that. Let's see you create an dynamic 6 month program for someone who's 290 pounds with cancer and help lose 40 pounds by applying exercises that won't cause any damage to their bad knee or pinched nerve.

You're an amateur, I don't know why you're hating so hard on me. Why can't I be one of the strongest men in the world? I don't really want to and have zero ambition to be, but why is that so hard for you to accept? I work hard at what I do, for you to try to take that away shows your really ignorant side.

You're fat and I squat more than you at 160 and 7% body fat. I'm guessing thats where your anger is being generated from.

Heres a tip: Work on your tumbling and gymnastics skills. Educate your muscles, add intelligence and beauty to your movements; avoid awkward doofy and forced movements. Let your breathing move your muscles. Flexibility and timing will add more potential strength instead of just trying to pick everything up with your arms like a dumbass. Practice, but don't rush it.

I'm kinda disgusted, can anyone save this thread? I know orangeblog makes crappy post, but I don't know where to go from here. Nothing productive to talk really.

I understand where you're coming from, no one is trying to deny that movement is important.

At the same time, the insults are out of line.

If a man will read just these three books on strength in his life, he will have sufficient understanding to become strong and live a healthy and robust life:

Starting Strength, Mark Rippetoe
Beyond Brawn, Stuart McRobert
Dinosaur Training, Brooks Kubik

Without some level of fundamental strength, you will get less out of any sport you choose to specialize in than you would if you were strong.

I understand there are more ways than one to skin the chicken, but lifting heavy **** with progressive poundages is the quickest and most time efficient. If everyone in the world trained for strength, we would have world peace.

If a man will have greater understanding on some topic than another man, then he should work to communicate his understanding so that the less experienced man will find the information useful. Expertise is relative.

If you can lift heavy things, you're just a more useful person to have around.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
And I need to add that it's extremely off-putting to constantly make fitness as complicated as it has been presented in some parts of this thread.

Strength and fitness are extremely simple. Hard work, but extremely simple.

Also, no one has a monopoly on physical activity.

p0nder

Starter
The rock thing is a bit random. I mean, sure, lifting heavy **** can help you get stronger but with the rock and/or sandbag how can you progress? There's only so much room for sand in the bag so really you can only increase strength by increasing the number of reps you can do. Eventually this is more of an aerobic workout then strength building. Good for cutting fat but not for building muscle. So if getting stronger is your goal then you should really look into a gym membership or an area for that power rack so you can increase your weights and see real gains.

As well with a beach to workout with you would be better served doing sand sprints and open water swimming for fitness, fat loss and building muscle. Sand Sprints are incredibly difficult and build muscle strength, cardiovascular capacity and increase your overall badass level. Open water swimming is way more difficult then swimming in a pool and will help build muscular endurance in almost every muscle in your body. Doing these types of workouts help to increase strength in muscle fibers you just can't hit with lifting the heavy stuff. But when you go back to the lifts you will notice that your strength has increased because the muscle is getting a more complete workout.

I personally love working out on a beach. doing plyometric work and bodyweight exercises in the sand is challenging and increases your balance and coordination. Try doing 100 burpees in deep sand and you'll see what I mean.