Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Holding Pre-Training Camp Workouts

Hybrid View

Default Knicks Holding Pre-Training Camp Workouts

Starting Monday at the Practice facility in Greenburgh. Player camp to run all the way up to the start of actual training camp.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Amare's training citing the fact that there are 3 new point guards on the roster.
    Last edited by Kidd Karma; Sep 05, 2012 at 18:02.

Nice article find Karma, i'm liking the dedication to establish a strong chemistry

So far so good, coach woody seems to be always on top of his game.

R.I.P Dantoni

Great ****in great

Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Chandler
    Smith
    Camby
    Kidd
    Novak
    Felton
    Brewer

will likely be our main rotation guys to start the year and need to work out the kinks, hopefully Woody slipped Felton and Kidd a playbook so we can work on some sets

this is what i like to hear, great article, practice makes perfect.

SO important for new PG Kidd to get to know teammates,
    for Feltip to get back in the swing with Amare and old buddy Melo,
    and for The Prigger to get his feet wet with NBA quality players
    and new teammates. SMART MOVE! - props to Wood Son!

maybe Knicks F.O. will get that final player to round out
    the team (JoshHo?), and get him into pre-training camp too.

wonder if fans can check it out? not far from White Plains, NY.

I hope we dont get Josh Howard, he would be a cancer to this team. We're better off with what we got

Veteran

Aight .. Coach Woody took the first step towards the Atlantic Division Title ....

perfect and needed start to the season yo

Good that it's happening. Hopefully they don't talk to the media much during and just get on with it. 7 weeks or so till game 1. Some chemistry will only be achieved against NBA level opponents but practicing each other will ensure we hit the ground running and everyone is in shape.

Can't wait to see our PG's work with our front court and shooters. Also hope Stat is guarded & given guidance by Chandler,Camby & Thomas so he is ready offensively and gets some pointers and motivation defensively.

Veteran

Thumbs up

Knicks sharpshooter Steve Novak told ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday that he and most of the team have organized a "pre-training camp" starting Monday.

The camp will take place at the Knicks' training facility in Greenburgh, N.Y., and will continue all the way through Oct. 1, when the Knicks must report for media day.

Novak said the activities will include alternating days of basketball and conditioning skills work.

"We just want to make sure we hit the ground running," Novak said.

Travis King, the longtime training adviser for Amare Stoudemire, said it's unique for players to join as a unit this early in the offseason. But he added that coach Mike Woodson, who had the idea for the "pre-training camp," and the key veterans (Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler) who picked the date, wanted to do it at this time because they've never been together from the beginning.

"Amare was there in 2010, then Melo came around (in 2011) and then last year with the lockout, they didn't really get to have a training camp," King told ESPNNewYork.com. "I think coach Woodson knows that it's important getting those guys to jell together and knows that they can have a championship-caliber team. Coach knows he's going to have to jell the team earlier, so a lot of the guys agreed to come out earlier in the year."

King said the "pre-training camp" is especially important because the Knicks need to establish a connection between their veterans and new point guards -- a key relationship that will impact the team's chemistry-building. Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Smith didn't suit up for the Knicks last season.

"I think that they've got one of the deepest teams in the NBA, one of the most veteran teams, and they definitely got some guys who are winners. But I think the key with them is going to be getting them to jell," King said. "They've got three point guards who didn't play on the team last year, and that's going to be crucial for them to help the guys who have been there, like Amare, Tyson and Melo, and get everybody on the same page. I think you don't want to try to wait all the way to training camp to do that if possible."

Novak, who's spent most of his offseason training at his alma mater, Marquette, said Woodson wanting to organize the "pre-training camp" speaks volumes about his dedication to the team.

"The way he's gone out of his way this summer to make sure he stays in touch with everybody and visits guys, that goes a long way," he said. "I think to build a winning culture, you have to do a little bit more, and that makes you a better team in the NBA. And I feel like knowing that your coach cares about you and he's thinking about you during the summer, and he has plans for you, that goes a long way."

Jared Zwerling is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com

Wow .... this pre-training-camp will determine the outcome of Chris Smith, James White, and Copeland, before training-camp open.
    Our Summer league team were the pits .. so im sure we will invite 2 or 3 more players to the opening of training-camp n preseason games (hopefully Sean Williams) .. we been receiving negative comments by a lot of sports writers on our "offseason analysis" for giving away RFA "Lin-Sanity & Landry Fields" for nothing in return .. while we sign n trade for dinosaur UFA, by paying the salary of the players we traded.

We are looking foward to getting through pre-training-camp, training-camp, and the preseason games without any injuries to any of our main 12-man roster ....
    Kidd - Felton - Pablo
    Brewer - JR.Smith - Copeland
    Melo - Novak
    Amare - K.Thomas
    Tyson - Camby

I freaking love what I see, Woody once again assured me he's the right man for the HC job.

Any word on if reporters will be allowed to watch or report on the pre-camp practices today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran

I hope they leave it secretive so there will be no distractions, I donít want any excuses. I can wait for the season to start to see how well they play together. I also donít think itís illegal to practice with teammates before training camp. Who can really enforce that rule if it actually exists? They can just go to any private indoor gym or one of these guysí home gyms and run pick up games/scrimmages. IMO, I think its common sense for a team that hardly knows each other to start gelling ASAP. Thank the lawd for ďno nonsenseĒ Woody. This shows dedication and commitment to winning, unlike the last coach we had who rather use that free time for a talk show.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I hope they leave it secretive so there will be no distractions, I donít want any excuses. I can wait for the season to start to see how well they play together. I also donít think itís illegal to practice with teammates before training camp. Who can really enforce that rule if it actually exists? They can just go to any private indoor gym or one of these guysí home gyms and run pick up games/scrimmages. IMO, I think its common sense for a team that hardly knows each other to start gelling ASAP. Thank the lawd for ďno nonsenseĒ Woody. This shows dedication and commitment to winning, unlike the last coach we had who rather use that free time for a talk show.
    I think the MDA show was awesome.

It's good for them to get together and shoot some hoops.

Veteran

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think the MDA show was awesome.

It's good for them to get together and shoot some hoops.
    haha what? c'mon mayne. how could you sit there and listen to his rambling as if he knew what what the hell he was doing? I know you're just kidding, you have to be. That show was an example of time wasted. If only i could have reached threw my teli and strangle that guy. I can't wait til they make real interactive t.v.s.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    haha what? c'mon mayne. how could you sit there and listen to his rambling as if he knew what what the hell he was doing? I know you're just kidding, you have to be. That show was an example of time wasted. If only i could have reached threw my teli and strangle that guy. I can't wait til they make real interactive t.v.s.
    I enjoyed his sense.of humor and down to earth demeanor, plus the way he likes to have his teams play is the way I like to play call of duty. We can say a lot about mike d, but I don't think anyone can deny that he's a nice guy that you would want to have a beer with.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2