Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Holding Pre-Training Camp Workouts

Olajuwon's flying up next week for Knicks workout, article states specifically working with our bigs:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Olajuwon's flying up next week for Knicks workout, article states specifically working with our bigs:

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Olajuwon will be in NY next week to work out with @Amareisreal @carmeloanthony @tysonchandler & @MarcusCamby23

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Sep 13, 2012 at 19:32.

doesnt he charge like 100k per week per athlete....300k is not bad for 5-7 days of work!!!!

This makes my dick hard no homo

Shoot me down and it may never happen, but wasn't it true that Ewing may be offered an assistant coaching job behind Woodson? Maybe he let them know that he wasn't interested and Woodson is bringing up Olajuwon to work with our front court and unknowingly may be assessing how he and the players warm to each other?

The Dream as an assistant coach anyone? Him working with our front court on defense, post moves, shot blocking and passing from the post.

And H20 working with our back court players on 3pters, man i just jizzed.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Shoot me down and it may never happen, but wasn't it true that Ewing may be offered an assistant coaching job behind Woodson? Maybe he let them know that he wasn't interested and Woodson is bringing up Olajuwon to work with our front court and unknowingly may be assessing how he and the players warm to each other?

The Dream as an assistant coach anyone? Him working with our front court on defense, post moves, shot blocking and passing from the post.

Sploosh.... So much Sploosh

After the recent leak of those Man Handler pics, im starting to wonder if this is valid

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street

I would love it. But I can't see him giving up the offseason gig, and living in Saudi Arabia during the season. I think his kids go to school there as well. They usually spend the summers on his Houston ranch.

interesting article.

Originally Posted by Wargames

interesting article.
    One of the reasons it was smart to hire Woodson.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    One of the reasons it was smart to hire Woodson.
    You might be right. But we have one --or maybe even three-- key players who played against there coach and from what I have seen over the years in any kind of professional sport, any franchise which sides with its players against a coach is doomed. Think about D'Antoni whatever you want, but the reason why they are doing all this because they know that they will have to deliver next season. Sadly I haven't seen a team were this effect did not wear off.

Originally Posted by pat
    You might be right. But we have one --or maybe even three-- key players who played against there coach and from what I have seen over the years in any kind of professional sport, any franchise which sides with its players against a coach is doomed. Think about D'Antoni whatever you want, but the reason why they are doing all this because they know that they will have to deliver next season. Sadly I haven't seen a team were this effect did not wear off.
    Not if you were the Lakers before Showtime took off. Magic Johnson did not like Paul Westhead, he was replaced by Pat Riley about a year later.

The Warriors sided with Don Nelson in the infamous, "treat me like a man" quote from Chris Webber, by dealing Webber before his 2nd season....outside of 1 year in the 18 that followed, the Warriors finished in the lottery.

Those maybe are the exceptions given poor management on the Warriors part and the group of HOFers in that Showtime era. I have to agree with the sentiment, let the coach coach and deal with the players. Give the coach the power to say I don't give a sh*t if you're Dolan's favorite player.

Veteran

Thumbs up Its up up up for the 2012-13 Knicks....

Not if you were the Lakers before Showtime took off. Magic Johnson did not like Paul Westhead, he was replaced by Pat Riley about a year later.

The Warriors sided with Don Nelson in the infamous, "treat me like a man" quote from Chris Webber, by dealing Webber before his 2nd season....outside of 1 year in the 18 that followed, the Warriors finished in the lottery.

Those maybe are the exceptions given poor management on the Warriors part and the group of HOFers in that Showtime era. I have to agree with the sentiment, let the coach coach and deal with the players. Give the coach the power to say I don't give a sh*t if you're Dolan's favorite player.

Great Point .... if your not a Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, or MJ, who put out the same 100% effort on defense as on offense in every game, there should be no player favoritism over the headcoach .. unless u have a BUM headcoach like celebrity Dantoni, whom never wrote up one successful design-play on offense or defense in Denver, Phoenix, and New York.

All the Dantoni-Fans showed denial when Shawn Marion departed from Phoenix, and all the FLAWS of Dantoni type of scrimage-coaching were showed openly within the lineup of "Shaq, Amare, Diaw, Bell, and Nash".
    I was shocked too, until I discovered Shawn Marion average 39 minutes per game, plus 80 games a season under Phoenix headcoach Dantoni.

The hiring of Mike Woodson were a big-blessing for the Knicks organization.
    Having 6 veterans with 9+ seasons of experience on the Knicks 2012-13 roster will improve the method of headcoach Woody's coaching-staff for seasons to come.
    Headcoach Mike Woodson will be a top-3 candidate for COY in 2012-13 season...