Knicks Holding Pre-Training Camp Workouts

pat

Starter
One of the reasons it was smart to hire Woodson.

You might be right. But we have one --or maybe even three-- key players who played against there coach and from what I have seen over the years in any kind of professional sport, any franchise which sides with its players against a coach is doomed. Think about D'Antoni whatever you want, but the reason why they are doing all this because they know that they will have to deliver next season. Sadly I haven't seen a team were this effect did not wear off.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
You might be right. But we have one --or maybe even three-- key players who played against there coach and from what I have seen over the years in any kind of professional sport, any franchise which sides with its players against a coach is doomed. Think about D'Antoni whatever you want, but the reason why they are doing all this because they know that they will have to deliver next season. Sadly I haven't seen a team were this effect did not wear off.

Not if you were the Lakers before Showtime took off. Magic Johnson did not like Paul Westhead, he was replaced by Pat Riley about a year later.

The Warriors sided with Don Nelson in the infamous, "treat me like a man" quote from Chris Webber, by dealing Webber before his 2nd season....outside of 1 year in the 18 that followed, the Warriors finished in the lottery.

Those maybe are the exceptions given poor management on the Warriors part and the group of HOFers in that Showtime era. I have to agree with the sentiment, let the coach coach and deal with the players. Give the coach the power to say I don't give a sh*t if you're Dolan's favorite player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its up up up for the 2012-13 Knicks....

Not if you were the Lakers before Showtime took off. Magic Johnson did not like Paul Westhead, he was replaced by Pat Riley about a year later.

The Warriors sided with Don Nelson in the infamous, "treat me like a man" quote from Chris Webber, by dealing Webber before his 2nd season....outside of 1 year in the 18 that followed, the Warriors finished in the lottery.

Those maybe are the exceptions given poor management on the Warriors part and the group of HOFers in that Showtime era. I have to agree with the sentiment, let the coach coach and deal with the players. Give the coach the power to say I don't give a sh*t if you're Dolan's favorite player.

Great Point .... if your not a Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, or MJ, who put out the same 100% effort on defense as on offense in every game, there should be no player favoritism over the headcoach .. unless u have a BUM headcoach like celebrity Dantoni, whom never wrote up one successful design-play on offense or defense in Denver, Phoenix, and New York.

All the Dantoni-Fans showed denial when Shawn Marion departed from Phoenix, and all the FLAWS of Dantoni type of scrimage-coaching were showed openly within the lineup of "Shaq, Amare, Diaw, Bell, and Nash".
I was shocked too, until I discovered Shawn Marion average 39 minutes per game, plus 80 games a season under Phoenix headcoach Dantoni.

The hiring of Mike Woodson were a big-blessing for the Knicks organization.
Having 6 veterans with 9+ seasons of experience on the Knicks 2012-13 roster will improve the method of headcoach Woody's coaching-staff for seasons to come.
Headcoach Mike Woodson will be a top-3 candidate for COY in 2012-13 season...

CA7

Scoring Champ
MeloandtheDream.jpg

BullyBall.jpg

ChandlerandTheDream.jpg