Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brewer out six weeks

Why are people high on guys like Josh Howard and Donte Green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Why are people high on guys like Josh Howard and Donte Green?
    because they're a f*ck of a lot better than Chrish Swish.

Superstar

Friggin' injuries, I swear man...Please God, no more!!

Well, I think the pendulum may have swung back over to needing another viable 2G more than another big now. For what it's worth (and I can tell ya right now the Knicks probably don't like any of these guys), these are a few players I'd consider to replace Brewer for the interim:

Chris Douglas-Roberts - Real slick with the ball. Crafty. Very good scorer. Like him a lot. Always did. So what that he's not a great 3-pt shooter. He ain't bad either and he can score it about 1000 other ways..Already proven at the NBA level. He was good for the Nets and Milwaukee.

Scotty Hopson - His game is a mix of Marshon Brooks/JR Smith. Very talented. Too talented not to be playing in the NBA right now.

Jamelle Horne - Reminds me of Quincy Pondexter a little. Some Trevor Ariza/Dahntay Jones. Better 3-pt shooter than any of these guys really and just as athletic..Good 2-way player. He'd be an awesome glue guy here.

KC Rivers - Remember this guy from Clemson a few yrs ago? Game kinda resembles Kareem Rush with some Anthony Peeler/James Harden (not quite as athletic). 6'5" 210 lefty 2G that can really stroke it from deep. Also played good defense in colllege too from what I remember. Can rebound a little bit too..A left-handed Kim English maybe (good 3-pt shooter with defense).

CDR is still officially a free agent I believe. He'd be my 1st choice. We could probably ink him up tomorrow if we wanted to...The other 3 may all be under contract over in Europe somewhere. If I couldn't get CDR, I'd look into buying one of these other guys out of their current Euro. contract (how much could it possibly be?) and offer one of them a job over here. We're back to having JR Smith as our only true 2G now. I don't know if Flight's the answer and although I like what I've seen from Copeland (dude can shoot), I don't know if he's mobile enough to play the 2 on either end in the NBA. He looks like more of a SF to me. I was OK with the Brewer/JR Smith combo at SG but now with Ronnie going out (that's 2 SGs down now with knee problems -- hopefully Ronnie and Shump both come back 100% but what guarantee do we really have? What if their recoveries take longer than expected? Wouldn't want to rush either guy and then have to deal with setbacks), I'd definitely think about getting another legit 2 for depth. Can never have enough depth (I'm talkin' quality depth), esp. when you're already starting behind the eight ball AND when you have championship aspirations...What about Sonny Weems? That guy ain't half bad man. Anyone scoop him up yet? There's options here..
    Last edited by finestrg; Sep 08, 2012 at 08:22.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    because they're a f*ck of a lot better than Chrish Swish.
    Cool, so are guys like Lou Amundson and Sean Williams but few here seem to have a serious hard on for Josh Howard and Donte Green. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347106901.056977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Cool, so are guys like Lou Amundson and Sean Williams but few here seem to have a serious hard on for Josh Howard and Donte Green.
    whatevs, it's all about improving the squad/bench,
    everyone's entitled to their opinion on who the X-factor is.
    i just think JoshHo is better than SeanWill, IMHO.

i'd rather have Lou, but he ain't signing for $1M.
    ya gotta be realistic re quality player we can get for the minimum,
    and what position they'd play.

finestring talking Chris Douglas-Roberts, now THAT kid can ball!
    does Glenwaldo see beyond his Dolan-colored glasses? who know?
    with Brewer hurt, i just hope he does something soon with pre-camp
    starting next week.

6 weeks puts him in the lineup opening Night....not too concerned....just sucks he'll miss camp time, but he's not a type of player who's game is gonna be affected greatly by missed time.

if his injury takes 6 weeks to fully heal he should be back sometime during pre-season with more than a week to spare before the opener on Nov 1st.

No need to hit the panic buttons, it's not like he tore his ACL + he's missed only 1 game combined over the last 2 NBA seasons, so i'm not really worried.

@RonnieBrewerJr Blessed to have the opportunity to get back on the court today.

Great news!!

Ain't nuttin, play on playa

Great to here Ronnie's back on the court, hopefully we'll see him in action before the regular season kicks off.

With the problems JR Smith has been having with his foot, i hope Ronnie doesnt have any more setbacks. We need at least one of these guys to be healthy when the season starts

If Ronnie is good for opening night in brooklyn, that would be great. He is going to be a key to our success this year. Health is wealth.

Marc Berman
    + Follow
    Brewer participated in first practice as Knick but was held out of the scrimmage. Will make road trip. “I think I
    was a little overanxious,’’ said Brewer, who had knee surgery in early September. “I thought I was going to be able to do the full practice. They wanted me to be cautious and take it slowly. It felt good to be out there with the guys, be part of the team and work my way back in.’’ Brewer said he hopes they’ll allow him to scrimmage tomorrow and is holding out hope he can get some time during the three-game road trip that starts Friday in Montreal. Brewer is projected as the team’s starting shooting guard. He looked great draining 3-pointers as he remained 30 minutes longer than his mates.

Ronnie Brews, with the brews

Berman reports Roonie's scheduled to start at SG in tonights game against Philly.