Dolan and Isiah Together Again

New New York

Quiet Storm
WOW we insult Ewing with a D League offer and try to bring back Isiah in the same week!!!!

My Plea to Isiah

Seriously....we don't want you back Isiah....if you find the next Lebron James in 2nd round it would not be enough to wash away the bad feelings!

If you saved the lives of each and every Knicks fan's favorite family member you could not wash away the bad feelings!

You had your shot and failed in a major way! Give it up!!!!!

I have learned not to hate you ....provided you stay away from our team....I have spent the past 3 seasons cheering for FIU because I felt by building them into a winner it would keep you away from The Knicks....you failed there too....now looks like my biggest fear could come true.

My Plea to Dolan

You are the dumbest Billionare in the world....seriously this has to be true!

You don't care about the fans...and I don't want to care about you! And that's how it should be, see OKC fans don't talk about their owner and who the hell owns the Celtics,Spurs or Clippers? Owners are not suppossed to be figures...unless they know how to market themselves (Cuban and Ivan Drago) or really good at what they do (Jerry Buss) you do neither! Fade away...if you hate the media stop making moves that draws such negative attention!!!!

I hate the bashing we get in the media....yet because of you....we deserve it! Our team deserves to be the butt of all the corny NBA commentators jokes despite having some very smart men with integrity (Isiah has neither) in our front office!

Actually, we the fans do not deserve it, we pour time, energy and money (most important to you) into this team and will always do so....see a threat to become a Nets fan is an idol one because it is not possible for the real Knicks fans to ever leave this team....which sadly leaves us with the reality of dealing with you as a owner.

Speaking of The Nets....I would rather them win an NBA Title than having Isiah back....and honestly this is the majority feelings of fans!!!

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Funniest thread done in a minute :lol:

Great work put in by Clyde, green rep for you sir
aqDwC.png

n5D59.png

Last edited:

CoolClyde

putting it all in perspective:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...k-knicks-officially-least-170054825--nba.html

It doesn't really matter if James Dolan decides to rehire Isiah Thomas. We can whine and kvetch and wring dem hands, but the Knicks have already been Zeke'd. The owner can lunch with his former GM/Prez/coach/consultant all he wants, and Isiah can send out all manner of hints that makes it sound as if he has more important things to do besides get paid to do for Dolan what he's already doing for Dolan, and none of it means a damn thing. The Knicks are in far better shape, literally and figuratively, than they were with Isiah directly running the show; but this team is Isiah Thomas'. You know that. You better learn to be OK with that.
James Dolan runs MSG, and he runs the New York Knicks. And because he knows absolutely nothing about basketball, he leans on Isiah Thomas for insight. And because he knows nothing about basketball, he thinks that Isiah Thomas is the sort of guy to lean on for basketball insight. James Dolan has been more or less leaning on Isiah since 2003, with a slight back off from that stance from 2008 until February of 2011, and the Knicks have been consistently Knicks-y throughout. Always famous, always full of obvious headlines, always capped out.
This is all an apparent "thing" because respected MSG sports president Scott O'Neil resigned last week, and Dolan enjoyed what apparently was a delightful lunch with Isiah whilst guarded by an MSG security detail on Friday. The meeting was first reported by Marc Berman of the New York Post, and then on Sunday Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported that there was "no doubt" Thomas would again be part of the paid Knick crew once a few off-court pursuits had sorted themselves out.
And there can be no doubt that the man's fingerprints are all over this team.
It's been that way since just before the 2011 trade deadline, when the Knicks shepherded a shepherd-load of assets to the Denver Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups. Anthony could have been had, along with some creative financing, the following offseason for a contract worth much less ? and anyone following the NBA and its impending lockout knew as much at the time ? but Isiah the Caddy decided to go for the green and the Knicks have been trying to make it work ever since. Former GM Donnie Walsh, now aware of his station, stepped back soon after.
Glen Grunwald jumped in his place, and late last season Mike Woodson took over Mike D'Antoni's head coaching spot. Both were former teammates of Isiah's in Indiana, and Grunwald once worked under Thomas with the Toronto Raptors. These things don't happen by accident, and it bears repeating that if Grunwald had any basketball sway over his bossiest of bosses, Jeremy Lin would still be a New York Knick.
Lin was O'Neil's guy. He championed him at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference last spring, and reportedly wanted nothing to do with the re-hiring of Thomas (or the aborted attempt to re-hire Isiah as a consultant in August of 2010). Apparently just the idea of keeping Thomas around as an unpaid consultant was tolerable enough for O'Neil following that 2010 flirtation with official status, but the combined shock of losing Lin and Thomas' lingering presence was probably too much for the guy.
And too much Thomas is never enough for Dolan, though you get the feeling the Knicks are at a saturation point with Isiah.
Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire are up front, this time, instead of Jerome James and Eddy Curry. It's Carmelo Anthony that is flinging 20-footers, not Jamal Crawford, and the ancient vets this time around are the well-respected Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby, instead of Jalen Rose and Antonio Davis. The Knicks might be capped out, Jeremy Lin might be in Houston, and the vaunted (and well-heeled) frontline of Chandler, Stoudemire and Anthony remains an uneasy fit; but on paper this squad is a significant presence even with Isiah's fingerprints still smudging a few corners.
This ? and the early September blahs that tend to mark every NBA offseason ? are why Knick fans greeted the Thomas/Dolan meeting with a collective shrug over the weekend. The Knicks don't have many pieces to move, no cap space to waste, no exceptions to toss at those who deserve half as much. The damage, both good and bad, has been done; and even if that chemistry never comes about a healthy Knick team should be expected to eclipse 50 wins.
Myriad factors, most involving the much-needed rebuild that Donnie Walsh helped usher in back in 2008, went into this; but Isiah (both in drafting one of the assets since sent to Denver) and strange instances of good timing (better players on the market than existed under Isiah's reign, Stoudemire's injury which helped the team's defensive emergence, if not resurgence, under Woodson) also played a part. There's no doubt that most Knicks fans are worried about this name-heavy roster, but the Knicks are in a better place right now, and there's not much left for Isiah ? and by extension, Dolan ? to screw up.
We think. They've surprised us before.
Just don't act surprised when it's officially announced, via press release and not press conference. Isiah's been lurking all along; the only eventual difference is that he'll have a place in the payroll, and in your game program.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my suspicions are being confirmed. the smart guy in the Knicks org quits because he can't stand Dolan inserting his rich boy d*ck where it don't belong (getting rid of Lin, re-hiring Zeke). stupid stupid too much money he didn't earn stupid. Papa Dolan, please rein in your a$$hole son before he runs this organization into the ground. little Jimmy will forever be a stain on this prestigious New York sports team. a damn shame.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gay guy/gals I learn to accept in 50 yrs, but .........

If JLin was black, Zeke would have told Dolan, "Give him a 60M 5 year deal, he's a star" and we would be reading in the Daily News that Zeke found this superstar that 29 other teams let slip through their fingers. :rolleyes:

Their a**hole buddies, that's fine just as long as Zeke ain't working for the Knicks.

Tiger.... this is the racist BULL-SH.. I dont like from our veteran members .. the Knicks super-star Carmelo Anthony who raise ticket prices sky high did not want a Black Billups, a Black Balkman, a Black Fields, a Black Douglas, and a Asian Jeremy Lin on the Knicks got his superstar status wish. Plus the way Carmelo Anthony called the shots lastseason it looks like Melo dont want a Black Amare on the Knicks either.
As a Denver Nuggets Carmelo Anthony did not want the strong-leadership of the number #1 draft pick Kenyon Martin on the Nuggets team, plus the Nuggets were offered Ron Artest twice in a trade by the Pacers & Kings but Nuggets refuse to accept the trade b/c Melo didnt want a dominating Ron Artest callin shots on his Nuggets team.

Lets get this right ....
Dolan didnt hire Donnie Walsh .. Isiah Thomas hired Donnie Walsh as the Knicks GM as a debt owed, and paid in full.
Recall: Pacers GM Donnie Walsh hired CBA destroyer, ex-Raptor owner Isiah Thomas as the headcoach of the Indiana Pacers ....

Dolan hired celebrity coach Damnphony .. the sameway Dolan hired HOF media coach Larry Brown .. I dont recall owner Dolan ever Firing Isiah Thomas .. owner Dolan did FIRE Chekkett, Grunfield, Layden, and Walsh.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Tiger.... this is the racist BULL-SH.. I dont like from our veteran members .. the Knicks super-star Carmelo Anthony who raise ticket prices sky high did not want a Black Billups, a Black Balkman, a Black Fields, a Black Douglas, and a Asian Jeremy Lin on the Knicks got his superstar status wish. Plus the way Carmelo Anthony called the shots lastseason it looks like Melo dont want a Black Amare on the Knicks either.
As a Denver Nuggets Carmelo Anthony did not want the strong-leadership of the number #1 draft pick Kenyon Martin on the Nuggets team, plus the Nuggets were offered Ron Artest twice in a trade by the Pacers & Kings but Nuggets refuse to accept the trade b/c Melo didnt want a dominating Ron Artest callin shots on his Nuggets team.

Lets get this right ....
Dolan didnt hire Donnie Walsh .. Isiah Thomas hired Donnie Walsh as the Knicks GM as a debt owed, and paid in full.
Recall: Pacers GM Donnie Walsh hired CBA destroyer, ex-Raptor owner Isiah Thomas as the headcoach of the Indiana Pacers ....

Dolan hired celebrity coach Damnphony .. the sameway Dolan hired HOF media coach Larry Brown .. I dont recall owner Dolan ever Firing Isiah Thomas .. owner Dolan did FIRE Chekkett, Grunfield, Layden, and Walsh.

One word: conjecture.

Kiyaman

Legend
Do anyone recall the Knicks super summer league team in 2005 offseason with a winning lineup of 2nd season C-Butler, rookie PF-Frye, rookie SF-Lee, 2nd season SG-Ariza, and rookie PG-Nate Robinson, a lineup that GELL so well to win games the Knicks were losing by 20 points in the summer league and regular season games .. their biggest WIN were when they were put in as "garbage-time" lineup at the end of the 3rd quarter of a losing game down by 21 points all game against the Detroit Pistons, and Knicks won in overtime with this young lineup?

The 2005 offseason Knicks owner Dolan hired a HOF headcoach Larry Brown that everyone in the NBA knew (except Dolan) HATED Isiah Thomas from the past/present/and future.
During the 1990-91 season Larry Brown were the first coach to show his disgust on a stupid idiotic comment superstar Isiah Thomas made concerning a superstar legend Larry Bird as being a regular player if Larry Bird was Black .. when we all knew Larry Bird college daze in the NCAA FINALS made Larry Bird the only player on par with Magic Johnson skills.

HOF coach Larry Brown was on a mission when he threw all kinds of wrenches/nuts/bolts/and Annucha into the Knicks 2005-6 season to get Isiah Thomas FIRED, a delusional Larry Brown actions had no reguard or respect for the growth of the Knicks above young players dream of being in the NBA. Larry Brown 23 win season mission to destroy Isiah was 10 times worst than the 2004-5 season dum-dum Marbury's "I am the best guard in the NBA" 15 game losing streak.
LOL - A Gay-Isiah Thomas being charge with sexual harrassment from a woman had the NBA on their knees with laughter lol

tiger0330

Legend
Do anyone recall the Knicks super summer league team in 2005 offseason with a winning lineup of 2nd season C-Butler, rookie PF-Frye, rookie SF-Lee, 2nd season SG-Ariza, and rookie PG-Nate Robinson, a lineup that GELL so well to win games the Knicks were losing by 20 points in the summer league and regular season games .. their biggest WIN were when they were put in as "garbage-time" lineup at the end of the 3rd quarter of a losing game down by 21 points all game against the Detroit Pistons, and Knicks won in overtime with this young lineup?

The 2005 offseason Knicks owner Dolan hired a HOF headcoach Larry Brown that everyone in the NBA knew (except Dolan) HATED Isiah Thomas from the past/present/and future.
During the 1990-91 season Larry Brown were the first coach to show his disgust on a stupid idiotic comment superstar Isiah Thomas made concerning a superstar legend Larry Bird as being a regular player if Larry Bird was Black .. when we all knew Larry Bird college daze in the NCAA FINALS made Larry Bird the only player on par with Magic Johnson skills.

HOF coach Larry Brown was on a mission when he threw all kinds of wrenches/nuts/bolts/and Annucha into the Knicks 2005-6 season to get Isiah Thomas FIRED, a delusional Larry Brown actions had no reguard or respect for the growth of the Knicks above young players dream of being in the NBA. Larry Brown 23 win season mission to destroy Isiah was 10 times worst than the 2004-5 season dum-dum Marbury's "I am the best guard in the NBA" 15 game losing streak.
LOL - A Gay-Isiah Thomas being charge with sexual harrassment from a woman had the NBA on their knees with laughter lol
Kiyaman - 1990-1991 Your recall amazes me. Seems Zeke does have a little of the Floyd Mayweather syndrome so he may will have advised Dolan to keep Lin if he were black.

Didn't intend for my post to be interpreted as racist but facts are facts with JLin, never heard any NBA player say a fellow player was overpaid just as JVG never heard that from a player, why the first time if not for the fact that JLin is Asian. Also remember Shaq's disparaging comments on national TV when Yao came into the league is proof that race affects our perception and sensitivity.

CoolClyde

Kiyadude, could you possibly make a video of your diatribes? that would be enjoyable (like a video mod).
or perhaps write them in your native language, and then i can google translate, i may be able to understand you better.
no disrespect, english is obviously not your go-to language, and your points are way more valid than most posters, i'm just having a tough time grasping what you're saying.