Disturbing images of Man Handler Cross Dressing...Hop aboard the Homo Train

Whats your opinion about the current fashion trends of several NBA players?

• Doesnt concern me

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Only an insecure man would have a problem

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • F*ck this gay sh*t I miss the 90's

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Not my cup of tea

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • U need a big strong man to pipe you, that would change your mind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once u go gay u never go back

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I prefer the ESPN naked picture of Chandler over this one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where can i get those boots?

• Chandler and Amare's queer fashion interest embarrasses me as a fan

• This is the worst thread and poll in knicksonline history

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Can we stop using the word "gay" as an insult?

Didn't you guys watch the Grant Hill commercial? Not cool

First of all, as far as I know, all of these men are straight. They just happen to not feel that they need to prove how manly they are by wearing like camo and hunting boots or whatever it is you consider "manly" (straight?) clothing.

Second of all, would it matter if they were gay? I'd take a gay center who can give me 11 and 11 every night in a heartbeat. Who gives a crap. It's none of your damn business.

Third of all, using the word "gay" as an insult lead to mockery and prejudiced towards gay people, which already deals with enough bullying, prejudice and discrimination. No need to pile it on. How would you like it if people used "black" or "Irish" or "Puerto Rican" as an insult? (E.G. - check out that guy's pants. What a Puerto Rican!) It's just not cool.

If you want to make fun of them for their clothing, talk about their fashion sense or whatever, but leave the gay stuff out of it.

And in anticipation of ignorant haters out there, it shouldn't matter, but I am a straight married dude who just happens to care about gay people and wants to be an ally to them, not a bully

CoolClyde

Didn't you guys watch the Grant Hill commercial? Not cool

First of all, as far as I know, all of these men are straight. They just happen to not feel that they need to prove how manly they are by wearing like camo and hunting boots or whatever it is you consider "manly" (straight?) clothing.

Second of all, would it matter if they were gay? I'd take a gay center who can give me 11 and 11 every night in a heartbeat. Who gives a crap. It's none of your damn business.

Third of all, using the word "gay" as an insult lead to mockery and prejudiced towards gay people, which already deals with enough bullying, prejudice and discrimination. No need to pile it on. How would you like it if people used "black" or "Irish" or "Puerto Rican" as an insult? (E.G. - check out that guy's pants. What a Puerto Rican!) It's just not cool.

If you want to make fun of them for their clothing, talk about their fashion sense or whatever, but leave the gay stuff out of it.

And in anticipation of ignorant haters out there, it shouldn't matter, but I am a straight married dude who just happens to care about gay people and wants to be an ally to them, not a bully

c'mon fatty, it's all tongue in cheek here. why ru getting your knickers in a tither?
i'm sure you can take 11 any day of the week (nice of you to admit it) but you have
got to be a closet homo. go on, admit it. you are. gay.

please gtfo and leave this forum forever, there's no antagonism going on here,
other than your post. the Grant Hill commercial is bullsh*t.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
c'mon fatty, it's all tongue in cheek here. why ru getting your knickers in a tither?
i'm sure you can take 11 any day of the week (nice of you to admit it) but you have
got to be a closet homo. go on, admit it. you are. gay.

please gtfo and leave this forum forever, there's no antagonism going on here,
other than your post. the Grant Hill commercial is bullsh*t.

Trying to bully me off the site isn't going to work bro - actually, it just proves my point.

And just because you say "just kidding" after something, doesn't make it okay.

I'm not going to even respond to your other comments, other than to say I don't give a rat's ass what you think.

If you don't think making fun of an entire group of people is antagonistic, you either need a dictionary or a reality check. It may be in the hope of getting laughs, but so is a lot of other bullying - and it has just as bad effects on the targets.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
I'm not trying to demonize anybody here - only you know the intent of your heart.

This just happens to be an issue of personal importance to me because I've worked for the last years in schools in the Bronx and elsewhere in the city trying to deal with bullying. It's a real problem, and the worst thing people can do is say nothing and let it happen. I felt a responsibility to say something, so I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0abOkYlB7hU

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I do enjoy lesbians however, thats where its at :smokin:
169204d1303252667-trans-queer-sexuality-kink-etc-megathread-ugly_lesbian.jpg

CoolClyde

I'm not trying to demonize anybody here - only you know the intent of your heart.

This just happens to be an issue of personal importance to me because I've worked for the last years in schools in the Bronx and elsewhere in the city trying to deal with bullying. It's a real problem, and the worst thing people can do is say nothing and let it happen. I felt a responsibility to say something, so I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0abOkYlB7hU

toot! toot!

KingCharles34

All Star
One thing i will say is its survival of the fittest, not the fattest. To compare racial hate to gay hate is racist. People are born whatever race they are, however there is no scientific of any gay gene. Whats a bigger problem is the sensitivity problem with todays culture. Pansys like you spread a soft message of compassion and sympathy. That aint gonna get nobody anywhere, life is tough and thats just the way it is. Whatever people are, they should respect themselves and not worry about what the haters say. We all have haters and its the best thing for people, hate can help develop thick skin and most people arent born with it. Some acquire it while others receive sympathy and accommodation from the people around them and live their whole life being afraid to make moves. Man up, get on a treadmill doggie

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
One thing i will say is its survival of the fittest, not the fattest. To compare racial hate to gay hate is racist. People are born whatever race they are, however there is no scientific of any gay gene. Whats a bigger problem is the sensitivity problem with todays culture. Pansys like you spread a soft message of compassion and sympathy. That aint gonna get nobody anywhere, life is tough and thats just the way it is. Whatever people are, they should respect themselves and not worry about what the haters say. We all have haters and its the best thing for people, hate can help develop thick skin and most people arent born with it. Some acquire it while others receive sympathy and accommodation from the people around them and live their whole life being afraid to make moves. Man up, get on a treadmill doggie

Fat Elvis don't treadmill.

Whether or not there's a gay gene, the fact is that being gay is a crucial part of people's identity, and not something they can just change at whim. I guess they could choose not to act on it, but no one can choose who they are attracted to. Many gay people have tried, but why put pressure on people to do that? Gay people are not the problem - people who don't accept them are. People can believe whatever they want, but they shouldn't bully or discriminate against people, regardless of their beliefs.

What's wrong with compassion and sympathy? And throw empathy in there while you're at it. Hate doesn't make you tough. It makes you an *******.

The whole "bullying makes you tough" theory is a myth and has been debunked by research. People who were bullied in school grow up to have more emotional problems, not less. I'm not in favor of coddling everybody, but I don't apologize for envisioning a better world where people showed more respect for each other. If you really care about people and want them to be strong, create a safe space where they can feel free to be themselves and take risks while knowing they have a support system to return to even if they fail.

Now pass me a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich, fool. Fat Elvis ain't no pansy - he's a karate-chopping bad-ass. Recognize

KingCharles34

All Star
Sit down old man
sitdown.png

Facts are facts, everybody gets bullied at somepoint. Even the ones doing the bulllying have been bullied. Thats just part of life,, the parents should encourage their kids to join the football team or start working out. I knew a kid that got bullied but once he joined the football team people respected him more. I've had people f*ck with me in the past, its no big deal. It made me who I am today. Kids are gonna be kids, we need to stop spreading soft pansy messages and encouraging kids to be snitches. These kids are quick to fold, start wearing all black and slitting their wrists. Thats the type of society that we have built

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

Being gay is genetic, actually. It is a mutation, I believe. Homosexuality has been reported in dozens of species. Someone can't choose to be gay, they're born so.

Nevertheless, it's ****ed up to hate on someone because of who they are. I do agree with you, though, that people should ignore haters. Too bad it's not that easy for some.

CoolClyde

i've got many gay friends, and there's a tiny part of me that's probably gay too (not my d*ck), because I definitely love certain athletes and musicians (no homo) and I'm not calling out any gays, I'm calling my fellow KO posters gay, because I know they can deal with it, or I'm calling a certain fashion sense "gay" because it looks like something a gay person, or a woman would wear. I don't call members of the gay persuasion "faggots", or point out they're gay, or look gay, because it's derogatory, and I wouldn't want to offend them. but when KO posters, and especially lurkers, decide to chime in with racist posts reproaching posters using the term "gay", and defending that way stupid grant hill commercial, it's too much. that's like whoopi goldberg or Oprah trying to stop the black community from using "n*gger". it's not gonna happen. calling a fellow black man "n*gger" or calling a fellow man "gay" because he's acting gay or wearing gay clothes, it's part of the american vernacular, it's part of being a man who gets along with other men on a manly basis, and doesn't take offense to being called gay. but fatty elvis is going to post sad videos of gays who were bullied and killed brings the entire forum down with his attempts at enlightening a bunch of knick fans who just want to have fun. we're not hurting anyone. just you and your hoity toity holier-than-thou, arrogant attitude.

go f*ck yourself.

KingCharles34

All Star
Being gay is genetic, actually. It is a mutation, I believe. Homosexuality has been reported in dozens of species. Someone can't choose to be gay, they're born so.

Nevertheless, it's ****ed up to hate on someone because of who they are. I do agree with you, though, that people should ignore haters. Too bad it's not that easy for some.

They're brainwashing people to believe what u just said

http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

Monkey see Monkey do, societys like robots that copy the rest of the crew

I guess i cant say i have nothing against gays, 2 dudes holding hands :barf:

But we get some older gay fellas that come into where i work at and they're just really nice people. I have no problem with them, just keep the bro love behind closed doors.

And f*cka grant hill, saying gay and f*ggot is just part of my culture. Its not meant to offend anyone, if your offended get yourself a box of tissues. Cuz u aint getting now sympathy from me, aint nobody ever show me sympathy when i was down.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
They're brainwashing people to believe what u just said

http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

Monkey see Monkey do, societys like robots that copy the rest of the crew

I guess i cant say i have nothing against gays, 2 dudes holding hands :barf:

But we get some older gay fellas that come into where i work at and they're just really nice people. I have no problem with them, just keep the bro love behind closed doors.

And f*cka grant hill, saying gay and f*ggot is just part of my culture. Its not meant to offend anyone, if your offended get yourself a box of tissues. Cuz u aint getting now sympathy from me, aint nobody ever show me sympathy when i was down.

The most recent source of your article was from 1998; that page is 14 years old, I cannot take that and say it is credible in 2012.

You have one source from the late 90s, I will raise you seven, from the past decade:

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/born-gay
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8332896&dopt=Abstract
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6519
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6612
http://www.livescience.com/7056-mom-genetics-produce-gay-sons.html
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=having-older-brothers-inc
http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20080616/gay-brain-shows-gender-atypical-traits

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think it's safe to say no one is prejudice here, or heavily anyway. Good discussion.

If Chandler was gay then that'd be offensive, but since he's not, it's just funny.

Unfortunately not everybody can toughen up, maybe enough anyway. A lot of people's brains might be wired in a way that they can't.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Sit down old man
sitdown.png

Facts are facts, everybody gets bullied at somepoint. Even the ones doing the bulllying have been bullied. Thats just part of life,, the parents should encourage their kids to join the football team or start working out. I knew a kid that got bullied but once he joined the football team people respected him more. I've had people f*ck with me in the past, its no big deal. It made me who I am today. Kids are gonna be kids, we need to stop spreading soft pansy messages and encouraging kids to be snitches. These kids are quick to fold, start wearing all black and slitting their wrists. Thats the type of society that we have built

You're right - most people get bullied at some point, and most people get passed it. But some people are bullied constantly everyday for years. And where it wouldn't be a huge deal if it was just a once in a while thing, when it happens consistently for a long time, it adds up. And a lot of times it extends to physical bullying - kids getting beat up etc. I wish every kid could respond more positively to this stuff, but apparently many feel there's no hope to the point that they kill themselves.

There's a difference between true bullying and just screwing around with your friends. I don't think anyone on this site was being a true bully - but I do think bullying is a big problem out there. With true bullying, there is an intent to hurt or embarass, it happens repeatedly, and there is a power imbalance between the person bullying and the person getting bullied. In my opinion, it's a form of abuse just like any other. Plenty of people beat their girlfriends and wives, but that doesn't mean we should just turn the other way and accept it as part of our "culture". We should do something about it.

As far as the whole "snitch" thing goes, what would be ideal is if kids stick up for each other - that's been shown to be far more effective than just telling a teacher, and what I encouraged kids to do in our bullying programs in schools. Just like your friend who joined the football team, I guess. I guess that's why kids join gangs, too. But I think there is a difference between being a snitch (trying to get someone in trouble) and being an ally - trying to help someone who needs it.

No doubt you went through some crap and came through okay. But not everyone's the same as you, and different kids respond differently. Ideally, they would learn to be assertive and stand up for themselves, but some people haven't learned those skills and shouldn't be driven to depression or suicide because of that.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
i've got many gay friends, and there's a tiny part of me that's probably gay too (not my d*ck), because I definitely love certain athletes and musicians (no homo) and I'm not calling out any gays, I'm calling my fellow KO posters gay, because I know they can deal with it, or I'm calling a certain fashion sense "gay" because it looks like something a gay person, or a woman would wear. I don't call members of the gay persuasion "faggots", or point out they're gay, or look gay, because it's derogatory, and I wouldn't want to offend them. but when KO posters, and especially lurkers, decide to chime in with racist posts reproaching posters using the term "gay", and defending that way stupid grant hill commercial, it's too much. that's like whoopi goldberg or Oprah trying to stop the black community from using "n*gger". it's not gonna happen. calling a fellow black man "n*gger" or calling a fellow man "gay" because he's acting gay or wearing gay clothes, it's part of the american vernacular, it's part of being a man who gets along with other men on a manly basis, and doesn't take offense to being called gay. but fatty elvis is going to post sad videos of gays who were bullied and killed brings the entire forum down with his attempts at enlightening a bunch of knick fans who just want to have fun. we're not hurting anyone. just you and your hoity toity holier-than-thou, arrogant attitude.

go f*ck yourself.

Okay, man - I'll give you that you were just screwing around with your friends and there was no intent to truly hurt anybody. But this is a public forum and there are people out there who could read it that are gay, have gay relatives, or might take it more personally. My initial comment wasn't meant as any judgment on anyone's character or worth as a human being - I don't know any of you all, so I can't judge you. And I didn't mean for it to get all serious, but I felt I had to respond to the comments I received back.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with a little back and forth discussion. I don't view anyone on here as my "enemy" who needs to be taught a lesson. Let's have a discussion - you can share your opinion, I can share mine. We can even talk trash a little, no big deal.

Clyde, I don't think you're some hateful homophobe, and I appreciate you not wanting to offend anyone who is really gay. I'm not sure if everyone who reads the posts would realize that or feel the same way, though -and some might use it to justify their own truly homophobic actions/beliefs. But that's not really on you - it's on them.

I don't think the whole N word analogy is accurate - you're talking about people within a group calling each other the N-word, in a way co-opting the word from the hateful way it was used before and using it as a way to bond. As a white person, I don't think I'm in any position to make a judgment about that, though I think Oprah and whoever else has a right to voice their opinion about it. That would be more like two gay guys calling each other fags. But when straight people use that kind of language, it's more like a white person using the N word - not cool.

And if you're going to call me racist, you need to explain yourself. That's total bullsh*t and you know it.

No need to get personal and disrespectful. I respect your right to your opinion and haven't insulted you or judged you personally - at least that wasn't my intent. If I came off that way, I apologize - but I'm not down with being told to go **** myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.