Knicks Confessions

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Maciej Lampe was the next big thing out of Europe next to Dirk.

Oh man, i almost forgot about Lampe, i had really high hopes when we drafted him, even NBA Live granted him a nice rating. There were so many i believed in in the early part of the past decade it's hillarious. Vujanic, Frank Williams, KVH, Sweetney.. :x

KingCharles34

All Star
At one point i thought Michael Sweetney would be an 18 and 12 guy, i thought he'd stick around for a while.

And i fell for the Maciej Lampe hype as well as the Mardy Collins hype

As great as those 90's teams were on defense they were horrible on offense, tough to watch at times. I just felt like Ewing was the only consistent player on offense, and Starks was overrated. Sometimes he was a horrible shooter and turnover prone, he reminds me of Jamal Crawford but with defense.

If Stat starts f*ckin up again early this year, i want his b*tch ass outta NY

Kiyaman

Legend
haha. Grunwald was like 12 in '96. i believe you mean Grunfeld, Ernie

I will admit, Ernie Grunfield were terrible in college draft picks, but exellent in NBA trades, and signing FA.

In 1999 who would u have FIRED?
A) Ernie Grunfield
B) Jeff Van Gundy

I wanted coach Jeff Van Gundy FIRED .... Marv Albert called JVG number.

Kiyaman

Legend
I fell for the T'Mac hype.
Thought Sergio Rodriguez was our PG of the future.
Supported the Vince Carter to NYK movement, instead he went to the Nets.
Supported the Deron Williams to NYK movement, instead, he went to the Nets.
Wanted to kill Crawford, Curry , and Isiah all at once.
Marbury was a great thing for NYK, just surrounded by the worst group of people. He really wanted to win in NYC, just couldn't with the unhealthy environment he was surrounded with.

Marbury & Iverson were high-scoring combo-guards that could average 8 dimes per game (Terry) .. it was foolish writers and dum-dum coaches TRYING to make both Star-guards into PG their career in the NBA.
Example:
Phoenix Suns PG-Penny & Marbury with combo-guard Joe Johnson coming off the bench gave Marbury the best playoff series in his NBA career vs the Championship Spurs.
PG-Snow & SG-Iverson went to the FINALS vs the Lakers.

CoolClyde

I will admit, Ernie Grunfield were terrible in college draft picks, but exellent in NBA trades, and signing FA.

In 1999 who would u have FIRED?
A) Ernie Grunfield
B) Jeff Van Gundy

that is an excellent question, Kiyaman, why didn't you post in 1999?

i don't even have an opinion, i thought both of them were tops at their
respective executive positions, and hated losing them. although JVG resigned,
most likely because of dummy Dolan taking the reins, and Dolan fired Ernie, the
quality of teams picks and trades immediately went downhill after his departure. hmmm.

Red

TYPE-A
I have NEVER bought nor worn Jordans (or Jumpmans) in my life.

I was outside of a club puffin' with my homie and some b!tches when a Mercedes screeched to a stop on the corner at a light... there was one lane with cars parked... and who jumps out of the gold two door Benz?

Rod strickland. He races around to the passenger side, opens up, and grabs the b!tch...

Proceeds to give her the business... right in the street... right in front of about 10 cars waitng for him to lay the pimp slap down and keep it moving!

It is what is is. Ever see a pimp slap in the middle of the street?

Ever see it on WEED!?

Trippy.