Thread: The Unofficial 2013 trade deadline Thread

Default The Unofficial 2013 trade deadline Thread

Not even October and already moves are coming to mind

I think I Know it all poster:"can we just see how this team does first before we start talking about making moves"

New New York: "Shut up you idiot and have fun!"

3 Team Trade w/ Phoenix and ATL

JR Smith to Suns for Second rounder

Second rounder and Kurt Thomas to ATL for Deshawn Stevenson

ATL is trying to bottom out and a early to mid second rounder plus an expiring contract (although Stevenson is a team option) fits that direction.

Phoenix adds another cheap player who can score for them...if JR is telling the truth about there being teams who went after him this off season Phoenix was probably one of them and they would've offered more so they get a much needed scoring SG for cheap

For The Knicks this upgrades our D at the backup SG while losing the athleticism but not in shooting.

Felton/Kidd
    Shump/Brewer
    Melo/Stevenson
    Stat/Novak
    Chandler/Camby

Could you imagine Shump,Brewer and Stephenson on the perimeter!!! Not to mention having 3 very important role players from Mavs title run in Kidd Chandler and Stephenson.

Imagine going to this lineup at times

Kidd
    Shump
    Stevenson
    Camby
    Chandler

Another one of those under the radar type moves

Defense would be looking 90's Knick good!!!!

hmmm....just looked at Stevenson's shooting numbers....same deal just switch Q Richardson for Stevenson plus Chris Copeland to make numbers work minus 2nd rounder because Orlando would love to shed this contract early.

all 3 cant play at the same time, and we need offense more than a 3rd defender

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the roster + making a trade would ruin the little chemistry we have already.

We have defense, offense & veteran leadership

When Shump returns you'd be surprised how deep our bench actually is.

Bench

Kidd
    Shump or Brewer
    Jr Smith
    Novak
    Camby
    Prigioni
    Thomas
    White

+ whoever ends up officially securing the last 2 roster spots, most likely a training camp inv and hopefully we can sign K-Mart or another big.

Thats a major improvement over

toney doulgas
    Bibby
    Josh Harrellson
    Jeffries
    Jerome

I cant wait for this season

@NNY: I guess it must be boring as **** at the office. I feel your pain and I understand that boredom often results in weird ideas, but seriously, making a trade deadline thread before this crew played a single game together?

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @NNY: I guess it must be boring as **** at the office. I feel your pain and I understand that boredom often results in weird ideas, but seriously, making a trade deadline thread before this crew played a single game together?

Not bored at all bro...the name of the thread basically suggest I am having fun

but the bottom line is that as much as I like JR Smith I think we need a better perimeter defender as our backup to compliment the direction we are trying to go.

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    all 3 cant play at the same time, and we need offense more than a 3rd defender
    Well Shump could play the PG in spurts thus being able to utilize such a lineup

But bringing in a player like a Q Rich would help on both sides of the ball.

He is a player you gotta respect from deep thus opening the floor for Stat and Melo (just like JR) while not compromising us on the defensive side of the ball.

Superstar

Who in their right frame of mind takes Deshawn stevenson over jr Smith. Who is gonna score on the bench and when stat and melo dont have it going. Not to mention we have players who have his skill set. Not player singular but we have PLAYERS that can do what he does... Yea u must be bored... Don't fret training camp is almost here... Wow...

Default Too ambitious?

First, I don't see any trades as a likelihood, or even as a necessity at this stage.

One thing I'd considered last season throughout Melo's POTM April, is that the success the team had with him at the 4, and the way the spacing played out in turn with the mismatches it created, is that this team can really rip in to others with Melo playing a perimeter PF game.

It was every coaches' nightmare having their PF drop out on Melo as he put the ball on the floor, ran off screens and made plays for others out of position. His strength was always under compensated for in the lane, as well.

Just look at some of the numbers he turned in during April playing primarily at the 4:

April 8 vs. Chicago: Poured in 43 points including a game-winning three pointer in overtime, to defeat the Bulls 100-99

April 17 vs. Boston: Registered a triple-double with 35 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in a 118-110 win over the Celtics

April 22 @ Atlanta: Collected 39 points, 10 rebounds and two steals in a 113-112 victory over the Hawks

Throughout that stretch, I gave thought to the prospect of having a big, defensively versatile 3 to drift between the 3 and 4 defensively, and a player that has enough offence to feed off others - Melo in particular - with an above the rim game to complement fast breaks and penetrate and dishes.

Hence, I've always, since that time at least, been interested in Taj Gibson.

He fits the role seamlessly, and though his offence isn't exactly starting class, he's an excellent defender and can rebound on either end.

Felton
    Shump
    Gibson
    Melo
    Chandler

That's a harrowing defensive line up, and a mismatch conundrum for opponents on offence.

Having said all that, the need, IMO, for STAT on this team would become nil. After the season that was, and considering how many abysmal outings Amar'e put in for this team as an under performing rebounder, I'd still call it too early to back out on him now.

If he turns out a season the likes of last year again, regardless of circumstance, I say put Melo @ the 4, and get a defensive 3 the likes of Gibson. That incredible April from Melo showed the league what he can do at the 4, and it didn't hinder anyone else's game whatsoever.

Playing together, STAT and Melo have still yet to eclipse a .500 W/L margin.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Originally Posted by New New York
    Well Shump could play the PG in spurts thus being able to utilize such a lineup

But bringing in a player like a Q Rich would help on both sides of the ball.

He is a player you gotta respect from deep thus opening the floor for Stat and Melo (just like JR) while not compromising us on the defensive side of the ball.
    Q Rich? f*ck no!!!!

Superstar

I never though i'd say this but this team needs more offensive players. We have more than enough perimeter defenders in Shump,Brewer,Kidd, and even JR is a better defender than people give him credit for. To trade him for Stevenson would be foolish. Stevenson is a slightly better defender but JR is a much better offensive player than him. Who would score off the bench if we did this trade? If we can sign sign Kmart im very pleased with that roster and hopefully they could give them the full season together without any overreaction trades like the Knicks FO is known to make.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Jr Smith for Stevenson or Q Rich. Q Rich??? I would not trade Jr for both if salary matched plus two 2nd round picks. I am not bashing but both of those guys might be available in a few months not that I want them due to them getting waived. You don't trade players that you signed discounted #1 and #2 we are going to use JR's bird rights to sign him long term after the year

I can't wait for camp either!!!!!

I'm sorry but even the though of Q Rich again makes me ill. When he got to the Knicks last time, he was dropping bombs from downtown, but as soon as he stepped in the court for us, i can barely remember a decent shooting game from him. So many open threes missed, I just couldn't deal with that again... Can't knock his D though, he always played hard on D.

If Amare plays like Amerie I think it will be time to trade him. His fashion designing skills are catching up with his basketball skills and hes not getting any better at designing clothes

Trade Amar'e to the Thunder for James Harden. :smoking lots of weed smiley: