• Yay

3 16.67%
  • Nay

12 66.67%
  • Borderline

3 16.67%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rasheed Wallace News + Performance + Opinion Thread

Agreed looks like he's a postseason add. Using the regular season to get into shape. Camby insurance?

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Do you guys think he will be ready for Nov 1? The one thing I did not like is that he did not watch all of our preseason games. for someone trying to get familiar with a new team every minute of practice , games , and meetings should be take seriously. Even for a veteran.

He should have took his time and gotten in shape then tried to sign on with the team mid season if we needed him. Hope from the best always loved his game.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Knicks4Life_1985; Oct 23, 2012 at 19:15.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Do you guys think he will be ready for Nov 1? The one thing I did not like is that he did not watch all of our preseason games. for someone trying to get familiar with a new team every minute of practice , games , and meetings should be take seriously. Even for a veteran.

He should have took his time and gotten in shape then tried to sign on with the team mid season if we needed him. Hope from the best always loved his game.

No way he's ready. I was reading Sheed went through the conditioning drills with the team and got tired during the shooting drills.

He's in no shape to start the season so if Woody decides to keep him on the roster it won't be because he won his spot on the team but rather it will be because of his history with Woody and winning that chip with the Pistons.

We only can suit up 13 guys anyway so the two inactive players are going to be Shump and Sheed. It would be a shame if they made Copeland inactive with what he's shown in the preseason.

Jonah Ballow ‏@jonahballow
    Rasheed Wallace practicing with the team as well today #Knicks

I said it when we signed him...we should just let him train and practice until December...we have the depth to manage til then

We need him for the playoffs...I know everyone thinks its critical to get off to a good start but I care way more about how we finish.

Today's Burning Question: With Rasheed Wallace set to take a big step forward on Friday, participating in a scrimmage for the first time, what can we expect from him next week when the regular season tips off, and beyond?

After four weeks of mostly conditioning work, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is ready for 5-on-5 action.

So with a guaranteed roster spot likely for Sheed, here are five things he'll provide the Knicks during the season:

1. Spreading the floor with his shooting. Throughout his career, Wallace has proven to be one of the best pick-and-pop and 3-point marksmen in the league. His 6-foot-11 frame, infinite range, and high, quick release make his shot extremely tough to defend against. With the Knicks having three seasoned point guards and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] being an amazing attacker, Wallace should get plenty of good looks. If he, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] are ever on the court together, watch out. That would rival a Heat shooting lineup of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2. Posting up. The Knicks also could set Wallace up on the low block, his second sweet spot in halfcourt sets. He has an almost unstoppable turnaround jumper, again helped by his height and high release point. While he's obviously lost some explosiveness at the age of 38, his strength, shooting ability and overall experience still give him an edge.

3. Defending. Wallace takes great pride in his defense, and he backs that up with his trash-talking. He's a very confident player and will say whatever is on his mind -- which will make some of the young bucks in the league, no matter how talented they are, a little uneasy going up against him. Speaking of trash-talking, the biggest thing the Knicks will have to be concerned about with Wallace on the court -- besides an injury, of course -- is him getting called for technical fouls. That will always be part of his legacy.

4. Toughening up the team when needed. While [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is clearly the defensive anchor, Wallace will be a very effective frontcourt sidekick. He'll be yelling things out to his perimeter players, and then gathering the guys together during dead balls and timeouts to share spirit and wisdom. Wallace is the kind of the person that if there's a pep rally going on, you want him to lead it.

5. Providing a locker room presence. Not only will his teammates enjoy having him around, the media will usually gravitate to him first to get a money quote. There isn't a more honest, hilarious and outspoken person on the team than Wallace, and he'll always keep it real, providing an update of what's going on with the team. That measuring stick will keep things in perspective and everyone in check.

‏@JaredZwerling
    Rasheed has been doing everything in practice. #Knicks haven't ran a fullcourt scrimmage yet, but he's been involved w/ real halfcourt

@JaredZwerling
    Sheed misses a corner 3 & he yells out a roar. Simply the personality/intrigue of this guy will have some NBA fans tuning into the #Knicks.

"I have to see what kind of flow we have in the game and who is doing what, but he will play some. No doubt about that," Mike Woodson said on Tuesday.

Sheed!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Rasheed Wallace on his role w/NYK: "I accept my Brian Scalabrine role. I'm cool with it."

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rasheed Wallace on his role w/NYK: "I accept my Brian Scalabrine role. I'm cool with it."
    Hahaha.

Sheed. The guy's a living monolith of good times. He looked nervous going in though once he heard the crowd blow up as he walked to check in.

That 3 made my day.

I've already gone through and watched the entire game again.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Hahaha.

Sheed. The guy's a living monolith of good times. He looked nervous going in though once he heard the crowd blow up as he walked to check in.

That 3 made my day.

I've already gone through and watched the entire game again.
    How you see the game again?

Lurker

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    He has a DVR?

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    League pass. You can watch games again as far as two weeks back.

Video Rasheed Wallace's first basket as a Knick

This'll go in to the Sheed thread later.

I'm thinking about making a Crazy8s Knicks' top 10 for every game we play this year.

Is there anyone else capable of making top 10s etc? I probably won't be able to do them all.

With all due respect Crazy, you work too hard.