3 16.67%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rasheed Wallace News + Performance + Opinion Thread

Originally Posted by CA7
    He's signed

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
    Rasheed Wallace officially signs...and the Knicks are officially old

Jonah Ballow ‏@jonahballow
    The @nyknicks have officially signed Rasheed Wallace. More on the deal coming soon... #Knicks

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    He actually looks in decent shape. Even in his prime he was never ripped but he looks to be near his playing weight when he left the league.
    Originally Posted by New New York
    Thought he'd be fatter!!!

Hey 1 month of camp should help
    Agreed the shapes he's in right now caught me by surprise, not bad for a guy coming out of retirement...by the time NOV 1st gets here he should be even slimmer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Uncle Sheed lol

Any word on the details of his contract yet? I've been reading that it might be a non-guaranteed contract for training camp as of now

Originally Posted by friedtilapia
    Any word on the details of his contract yet? I've been reading that it might be a non-guaranteed contract for training camp as of now
    its been confirmed as being non guaranteed.

Rasheed Wallace has been hitting the pads pretty hard! What a surreal image this is. I mean the guy is one of those tough dudes that would probably take a swing at ya if you messed with him in the club but actually seeing him throw punches to get ready for basketball is hilarious and awesome.

Last edited by p0nder; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:58.

video of rasheed playing during his retirement...any doubts of can he still play should be put to rest

Veteran

Rasheed is like that 1970 Pontiac GTO you kept in your garage for 40 years and just used to drive around the block on Sunday. Low miles and plenty of of driving left.

I did hear he stayed in shape down in NC where he lives by playing with the college guys and I bet he could play starters minutes if Stat goes down because his body is fresh.

Rasheed is like that 1970 Pontiac GTO you kept in your garage for 40 years and just used to drive around the block on Sunday. Low miles and plenty of of driving left.

I did hear he stayed in shape down in NC where he lives by playing with the college guys and I bet he could play starters minutes if Stat goes down because his body is fresh.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he came in and made an immediate impact. Grab a couple boards and bang a couple treys, that's what he can come in and do, plus clean up a few fouls.

Last season he played, guy was dropping 9/4 with a block and a trey per game in 79 games. If he can shoot 35% from three, we have a winner.

Coach Mike Woodson has time to decide if out-of-shape Rasheed Wallace can help the Knicks before owner James Dolan is on the hook for the entire $1.3 million veteran’s minimum.

According to a person familiar with the situation, Wallace’s contract won’t be guaranteed in full until Jan. 5. Wallace signed a traditional non-guaranteed, make-good pact that has no addendums, The Post has learned.

Under the CBA, standard non-guaranteed contracts signed for training camp mandate the pact has to be guaranteed in full by Jan. 5. Additions can be made in certain instances to have the contract guaranteed if the player makes the team. That didn’t happen with Wallace.

So the risk is less and ramifications huge. It allows Woodson latitude in giving Wallace time to prove himself. He still has not been cleared to practice, let alone scrimmage, as he works on the side on his conditioning. Wallace is expected to miss the entire preseason schedule.

If Woodson decides to use one of his 15 roster spots on Wallace, he can cut him after the season’s first two weeks and the club is on the hook for the small pro-rated portion of $1.3 million.

If Woodson uses the final two spots on a youngsters Mychel Thompson and Chris Copeland, he would cut Wallace by Oct. 31. Wallace then would only be paid training-camp money — $2,000 a week or $8,000 — not the prorated portion of his $1.3 million NBA contract.

Woodson hinted Wallace could practice for the first time Tuesday after the team’s three-game road trip.

“He’ll definitely be reevaluated after the road trip just to see where he is,’’ Woodson said. “And there’s a chance he can go next week based on my conversations with the doctor.’’

* While starting shooting guard Ronnie Brewer made his practice debut as a Knick yesterday, J.R. Smith sat out and wore a boot on his left foot. Smith sat out Saturday’s exhibition game in Hartford with what the Knicks called a sore ankle, but Smith told The Post it is his Achilles.

Smith had returned to practice Tuesday, but Woodson said he needs more rest. Brewer, meanwhile, was held out of scrimmage but will today and could play on the road trip.

“I was a little overanxious,’’ said Brewer, who had knee surgery on his meniscus in early September. “I thought I was going to be able to do the full practice. They wanted me to be cautious and take it slowly.’’

* During a tour of Garden’s upper-bowl transformation, the Knicks said official capacity this season will be down about 1,000 seats from the 19,763. Next season, capacity will jump back to normal.

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    Out-of-shape Rasheed's $1.3M pact won't be fully guaranteed until Jan. 5th, giving Woodson time to make decison. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:05.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Coach Mike Woodson has time to decide if out-of-shape Rasheed Wallace can help the Knicks before owner James Dolan is on the hook for the entire $1.3 million veteranís minimum.
    Guess there's a difference in looking in shape and being in NBA bball shape. I don't see how you take a guy that hasn't played in 2 years and isn't in bball shape, bring him into a 1 month training camp where he doesn't even see the floor for the entire training camp and expect to make a decision with the guy.

Guess what I originally said about 39 year old guys out of the league for 2 years holds true, it's a long shot.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Rasheed Wallace has been hitting the pads pretty hard! What a surreal image this is. I mean the guy is one of those tough dudes that would probably take a swing at ya if you messed with him in the club but actually seeing him throw punches to get ready for basketball is hilarious and awesome.

Great to see Rasheed using boxing as a form of fitness. Boxing and Basketball kinda correlate, a lot of shuffling and lateral movement.

Sheed gotta work on his stand tho, his spine is leaded in too forward, he'll be better off with a vertical straight spine but a low base and bent knees. He has enough reach to dominate anyone in the reach

Veteran

Guess there's a difference in looking in shape and being in NBA bball shape. I don't see how you take a guy that hasn't played in 2 years and isn't in bball shape, bring him into a 1 month training camp where he doesn't even see the floor for the entire training camp and expect to make a decision with the guy.

Guess what I originally said about 39 year old guys out of the league for 2 years holds true, it's a long shot.

It looks more like ....
    Rasheed Wallace will be replacing Hakeem Olyjuwon as our bigman (training & bench) coach as a $1.3M player.

is it weird part of me believe rasheed is here for the post season as the knicks Gasol/Bosh insurance?

Cause deep down thats what I feel all this weird training is for. So he can come in as a defensive X factor in the playoffs and bust somebodies head open...

Originally Posted by Wargames
    is it weird part of me believe rasheed is here for the post season as the knicks Gasol/Bosh insurance?

Cause deep down thats what I feel all this weird training is for. So he can come in as a defensive X factor in the playoffs and bust somebodies head open...
    Exactly what I'm thinking. This roster in general is made for the post season but Sheed will def have his biggest presence felt there.