• Nay

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Borderline

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
welp **** kenyon martin

@NYPost_Berman: Told yesterday #Knicks not on Kenyon Martin's radar. Too "mecurial" a situation. #Knicks still willing to wait on Rasheed decision. 33 minutes ago

35q4fs.jpg

I guess its time to move on

Birdman & Rasheed still left

i have a feeling Rasheed will sign with us

Last edited:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
my opinion is that people are going in to much on how old he is, this is our 14th roster spot, who cares who gets it, in my opinion i think sheed would put up better numbers then kurt thomas.

KingCharles34

All Star
Whats this "Mecurial" that Kenyon Martin speaks of?

Melo hasn't played bully ball in almost 4 years. When he was a slasher first and shooter second there was no man on earth who could stop him, once guys get a little jumper they cant stop shooting it. Look at Monta in 07-08, he shot 53% and when he got a jumper he shoots mediocre 43-45%. If we get SLASHING Melo (we wont) our team can go as far as they want, but Melo shooting us out of games wont get it done.

False statement, the year we traded for him he had played bully ball with Denver, Just ask Vince Carter. And I would stay away from statements like that, hes played bully ball with the Knicks. Just not often enough...Im not sure what your definition of bully ball is. To me its backing someone down and scoring close to the basket, using your strength advantage

I thought the goal this off-season was to get younger and more athletic.

Let's hope he doesn't play that much.
Again.. He's only gonna play about 10 minutes. Youth is overrated. I'd rather have experienced vets who've been there and done that and won't strink under pressure than unknown youth. The OKC thunder are the exception not the rule. Most championship teams have several key contributing veteran role players. Our Stars.. the big money guys are all in their primes. We'll be fine

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I thought the goal this off-season was to get younger and more athletic.

Again.. He's only gonna play about 10 minutes. Youth is overrated. I'd rather have experienced vets who've been there and done that and won't strink under pressure than unknown youth. The OKC thunder are the exception not the rule. Most championship teams have several key contributing veteran role players. Our Stars.. the big money guys are all in their primes. We'll be fine

Let's hope he doesn't play that much.
Yeah i agree with stephon_marbury here, Wallace will receive probably no more than 10-15 mins max. He wont have a large role on this team anyway all your really asking from him is to help protect the rim and maybe hit a few open jumpers. I dont think the off-season goal was to get younger and athletic, it's to provide the necessary pieces to win a championship. In 3 years when we have multiple contracts expiring then we can rebuild get young pieces, get athletic etc etc were in WIN NOW mode, i like the moves we made this off-season and so far we improved in all areas we struggled in last season.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star

If it were the Lakers or any other team with this issue, the media would look at it just like this. Unfortunately, NY doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Good post Steph.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Can someone post a recent picture of him

Well at the start of the FA period I thought Jermaine Oneil would be the ideal backup but I suppose my standards rose when word of KMart or Birdman could come

But...Rasheed can't be any worst than Oniel and like a couple of you have said already he'll only be giving us 10-15

I wish he had been working out by now though! We have a game in 10 days so no way he's ready to give even 10 mins by then

Honestly we need to do like we did Curry when we were trying to condition him....stick him on Injured reserves until mid-November and just work on getting him back into game shape...

What we need from him

5 pts 5 rebs

Gotta knock down the J

Leadership on D

tiger0330

Legend
From what I read it's going to be a training camp contract, he still has to make the team. Do we really need him and Kurt Thomas?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Can someone post a recent picture of him

Well at the start of the FA period I thought Jermaine Oneil would be the ideal backup but I suppose my standards rose when word of KMart or Birdman could come

But...Rasheed can't be any worst than Oniel and like a couple of you have said already he'll only be giving us 10-15

I wish he had been working out by now though! We have a game in 10 days so no way he's ready to give even 10 mins by then

Honestly we need to do like we did Curry when we were trying to condition him....stick him on Injured reserves until mid-November and just work on getting him back into game shape...

What we need from him

5 pts 5 rebs

Gotta knock down the J

Leadership on D
Not recent pictures but here is a recent video of him

CA7

Scoring Champ
This is very under rated, depending on how mobile he is, obviously its going to take extra hard work and commitment to get in NBA shape, he can be a force for us in limited minutes

metrocard

Legend
Well, with NBA fining the flopping now, replacing Jefferies with Sheed aint such a bad move.

Sheed doesn't flop and plays hard defense, where Jefferies is a master at drawing offensive fouls.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Well, with NBA fining the flopping now, replacing Jefferies with Sheed aint such a bad move.

Sheed doesn't flop and plays hard defense, where Jefferies is a master at drawing offensive fouls.

I doubt JJ would have been fined, he takes charges similar to how Battier is always stepping in, guys like Griffin, LeBron, etc...they're gonna get it, not like they cant afford it though

Whats this "Mecurial" that Kenyon Martin speaks of?

False statement, the year we traded for him he had played bully ball with Denver, Just ask Vince Carter. And I would stay away from statements like that, hes played bully ball with the Knicks. Just not often enough...Im not sure what your definition of bully ball is. To me its backing someone down and scoring close to the basket, using your strength advantage

Im talking pure banger, Melo from 05-08 was so efficient because he attacked the basket more, now he settles for jumpers. Im not saying he doesnt play that way but he now shows flashes every quarter or so when before his whole game was predicated on out muscling his defender down low. I still think he is the best scorer but would love to see him in the paint more and only use jumpers when the defense gives it to him.