View Poll Results: Fair ejection?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

    3 16.67%
  • Nay

    12 66.67%
  • Borderline

    3 16.67%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 217

Thread: Rasheed Wallace News + Performance + Opinion Thread

  1. #46
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Why does everybody forget about Kurt Thomas? I've been sayin it all offseason, dude can still ball. Its not like he was ever that athletic, he hasnt really lost anything because he didnt have much to lose. He just does a great job of positioning himself defensively and for rebounds and he can still knock down an open mid range jumpshot. 2 years ago with Chicago he made a difference for them almost every time he stepped on the court. He had an 18 rebound game when Noah was out, last year he had some good games with the Blazers. Didnt really get many minutes but was always productive with the minutes he had. Hes sorta like camby in the sense that he can come into the game and control the boards. Hes undeniably worthy of minutes

  2. #47
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    KT at 3rd string C im ok with.. backup pf not so much..

  3. #48
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Dat possible big man rotation of Amare, Sheed, Camby and Tyson got me fired up.. CMON SHEED MAKE DAT COMEBACK WITH THE KNICKS!

  4. #49
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    All I'm going to say is when the Lakers were rumored to have signed Sheed last season everyone said it was a great move.

    Now I see the Knicks getting mocked for it.

    Depends on how Sheed played - really the goal is to make sure if/when Tyson is in foul trouble we aren't totally exposed down low. Don't need Sheed to be a stud. Just need a competent 10-15 minutes per game.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Kiyaman could probably answer this with that total recall of his but how many guys 38 years old and out of the game for 2 years have made it back and contrbuted anything. Last guy I remember was Rod Strickland who the Rockets picked up at 36 who was out of the game for less than a season, he lasted for about 10 games before they released him.

    The Knicks are going to have a few months to evaluate him but lets be real it's a long shot that he makes the team.

  6. #51
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Kiyaman could probably answer this with that total recall of his but how many guys 38 years old and out of the game for 2 years have made it back and contrbuted anything. Last guy I remember was Rod Strickland who the Rockets picked up at 36 who was out of the game for less than a season, he lasted for about 10 games before they released him.

    The Knicks are going to have a few months to evaluate him but lets be real it's a long shot that he makes the team.
    A few months?? More like a few weeks.

  7. #52
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    all these bigs means posting up is going to be a problem then add in guys like Shump, Felton, Kidd, and Brewer on the perimeter and running the ball wont be easy too. I know these guys are old but they will run the system and if Woodson is a long term coach it will just be placeholders for the type of role players needed in the future. Melo and Amare mostly finesse style of play need a team of goons to keep opponents honest.

    Also I will say this I wanna see shump and Wallace do some trash talking on one of these prima donna stars on a punk team like Brandon Jennings just get shut down and knocked out. Thats what I want... even if the knicks can't win it all every team should be like "damn the knicks aren't a joke" and have to work to beat them...

  8. #53
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    all these bigs means posting up is going to be a problem then add in guys like Shump, Felton, Kidd, and Brewer on the perimeter and running the ball wont be easy too. I know these guys are old but they will run the system and if Woodson is a long term coach it will just be placeholders for the type of role players needed in the future. Melo and Amare mostly finesse style of play need a team of goons to keep opponents honest.

    Also I will say this I wanna see shump and Wallace do some trash talking on one of these prima donna stars on a punk team like Brandon Jennings just get shut down and knocked out. Thats what I want... even if the knicks can't win it all every team should be like "damn the knicks aren't a joke" and have to work to beat them...
    I agree w the bit bout Melo n Amare being finesse players and needing all the manhandlers we can get.

    For this reason I'm not averse to bringing Sheed in.

  9. #54
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I agree w the bit bout Melo n Amare being finesse players and needing all the manhandlers we can get.

    For this reason I'm not averse to bringing Sheed in.
    Melo is not a finesse player. He's probably the most physical offensive player in the whole league.

  10. #55
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Count Tyson Chandler among those who think Rasheed Wallace has something left.

    After taking the last two seasons off, Wallace worked out at the Knicks practice facility, and is considering signing with the team. And after seeing him work out, Chandler thinks Wallace can help.

    “He looked good,’’ Chandler said Wednesday at a charity event featuring his photography, including pictures of former Knicks Jeremy Lin and Landry Fields.. “Rasheed can be a great addition to us.”

    Despite his extended break from the NBA, with Wallace’s last game action coming with Boston in the 2010 Finals, Chandler said Wallace still has skills that can help the Knicks.

    “I hope he [comes],” Chandler said. “I don’t know what the situation is, butHe’s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot.’’

    “To have myself and Amar’e [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups ... That’s pretty nice.”

    Chandler and many of his teammates have been participating in informal workouts at the team’s practice facility. One additional set of eyes there this week has been Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, who has been working with Chandler, Stoudemire and others on post moves.

    Chandler said he’s already noticed a difference.

    “They’re going great, man,” Chandler said. “I couldn’t ask for a better supporting cast. I couldn’t ask for a better big man to be on my side to work with than Hakeem, to work on moves and be supportive and encourage me and practice them.”

    He said he has noticed a different feeling around the facility, as the players get ready for training camp to kick off Monday.

    “It’s a feeling that you have before you win,” he said. “I’m excited about it.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #56
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Melo is not a finesse player. He's probably the most physical offensive player in the whole league.
    Is he more physical than Lebron?? Your last assertion is clearly wrong.

    Umm he plays a perimeter game.

    Yes he scores on the inside and rebounds decently but so do/have other great perimeter scorers.

    Getting the ball on the wing and going to work there= finesse player

    He's not Charles Barkley for crying out loud.

  12. #57
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    At times Melo can be as physical as anyone else, when he plays his bully ball but in my opinion i wouldnt mind see him do more of that. The way i look at it, Lebron is the most physical SF, Melo's somewhere between Lebron and Durant. Durants the least physical of all them but his efficiency and team play makes him better then Melo. But with a few small tweaks, Melo can be on par with anyone

    Actually, I gotta say World Peace is the most physical SF. Watch how he goes at Blake Griffin next time Lakers and Clippers play. Not so much offensively but defensively and the way he boxes out has me speechless. I remember he basically boxed out Blake Griff, had the dude pinned and easily grabbed the rebound. His strength at SF is on a level by itself, hes stronger then most players at any position in the game

  13. #58
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    At times Melo can be as physical as anyone else, when he plays his bully ball but in my opinion i wouldnt mind see him do more of that. The way i look at it, Lebron is the most physical SF, Melo's somewhere between Lebron and Durant. Durants the least physical of all them but his efficiency and team play makes him better then Melo. But with a few small tweaks, Melo can be on par with anyone

    Actually, I gotta say World Peace is the most physical SF. Watch how he goes at Blake Griffin next time Lakers and Clippers play. Not so much offensively but defensively and the way he boxes out has me speechless. I remember he basically boxed out Blake Griff, had the dude pinned and easily grabbed the rebound. His strength at SF is on a level by itself, hes stronger then most players at any position in the game
    Melo hasn't played bully ball in almost 4 years. When he was a slasher first and shooter second there was no man on earth who could stop him, once guys get a little jumper they cant stop shooting it. Look at Monta in 07-08, he shot 53% and when he got a jumper he shoots mediocre 43-45%. If we get SLASHING Melo (we wont) our team can go as far as they want, but Melo shooting us out of games wont get it done.

  14. #59
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Sheed went out dropping a solid per 36, he can still be a factor. Maybe the time off has given him some restorative opportunity and now he can come in and drop the open trey, he can dish it sometimes off the key, he can give the attitude and bully the other team and he's good for 6 fouls. You can't beat that.

  15. #60
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: Told yesterday [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] not on Kenyon Martin's radar. Too "mecurial" a situation. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] still willing to wait on Rasheed decision.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    welp **** kenyon martin

Similar Threads

  1. Rasheed Wallace
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2010, 20:15
  2. Cavs' Wallace out 4-6 weeks
    By WVKnickfan in forum NBA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2009, 16:07
  3. Stay away from Rasheed Wallace, Knicks!
    By nycefnl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jun 16, 2004, 13:51
  4. Rasheed Wallace
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2003, 05:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •