Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Borderline

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

p0nder

Starter
Rasheed Wallace has been hitting the pads pretty hard! What a surreal image this is. I mean the guy is one of those tough dudes that would probably take a swing at ya if you messed with him in the club but actually seeing him throw punches to get ready for basketball is hilarious and awesome.

rasheed--300x300.jpg

sheed-boxing.jpg

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Rasheed is like that 1970 Pontiac GTO you kept in your garage for 40 years and just used to drive around the block on Sunday. Low miles and plenty of of driving left.

I did hear he stayed in shape down in NC where he lives by playing with the college guys and I bet he could play starters minutes if Stat goes down because his body is fresh.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Rasheed is like that 1970 Pontiac GTO you kept in your garage for 40 years and just used to drive around the block on Sunday. Low miles and plenty of of driving left.

I did hear he stayed in shape down in NC where he lives by playing with the college guys and I bet he could play starters minutes if Stat goes down because his body is fresh.

It wouldn't surprise me if he came in and made an immediate impact. Grab a couple boards and bang a couple treys, that's what he can come in and do, plus clean up a few fouls.

Last season he played, guy was dropping 9/4 with a block and a trey per game in 79 games. If he can shoot 35% from three, we have a winner.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Coach Mike Woodson has time to decide if out-of-shape Rasheed Wallace can help the Knicks before owner James Dolan is on the hook for the entire $1.3 million veteran’s minimum.

According to a person familiar with the situation, Wallace’s contract won’t be guaranteed in full until Jan. 5. Wallace signed a traditional non-guaranteed, make-good pact that has no addendums, The Post has learned.

Under the CBA, standard non-guaranteed contracts signed for training camp mandate the pact has to be guaranteed in full by Jan. 5. Additions can be made in certain instances to have the contract guaranteed if the player makes the team. That didn’t happen with Wallace.

So the risk is less and ramifications huge. It allows Woodson latitude in giving Wallace time to prove himself. He still has not been cleared to practice, let alone scrimmage, as he works on the side on his conditioning. Wallace is expected to miss the entire preseason schedule.

If Woodson decides to use one of his 15 roster spots on Wallace, he can cut him after the season’s first two weeks and the club is on the hook for the small pro-rated portion of $1.3 million.

If Woodson uses the final two spots on a youngsters Mychel Thompson and Chris Copeland, he would cut Wallace by Oct. 31. Wallace then would only be paid training-camp money — $2,000 a week or $8,000 — not the prorated portion of his $1.3 million NBA contract.

Woodson hinted Wallace could practice for the first time Tuesday after the team’s three-game road trip.

“He’ll definitely be reevaluated after the road trip just to see where he is,’’ Woodson said. “And there’s a chance he can go next week based on my conversations with the doctor.’’

* While starting shooting guard Ronnie Brewer made his practice debut as a Knick yesterday, J.R. Smith sat out and wore a boot on his left foot. Smith sat out Saturday’s exhibition game in Hartford with what the Knicks called a sore ankle, but Smith told The Post it is his Achilles.

Smith had returned to practice Tuesday, but Woodson said he needs more rest. Brewer, meanwhile, was held out of scrimmage but will today and could play on the road trip.

“I was a little overanxious,’’ said Brewer, who had knee surgery on his meniscus in early September. “I thought I was going to be able to do the full practice. They wanted me to be cautious and take it slowly.’’

* During a tour of Garden’s upper-bowl transformation, the Knicks said official capacity this season will be down about 1,000 seats from the 19,763. Next season, capacity will jump back to normal.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...F6NtFjzxwsL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Out-of-shape Rasheed's $1.3M pact won't be fully guaranteed until Jan. 5th, giving Woodson time to make decison. http://nyp.st/QttJfH

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Coach Mike Woodson has time to decide if out-of-shape Rasheed Wallace can help the Knicks before owner James Dolan is on the hook for the entire $1.3 million veteran?s minimum.
Guess there's a difference in looking in shape and being in NBA bball shape. I don't see how you take a guy that hasn't played in 2 years and isn't in bball shape, bring him into a 1 month training camp where he doesn't even see the floor for the entire training camp and expect to make a decision with the guy.

Guess what I originally said about 39 year old guys out of the league for 2 years holds true, it's a long shot.

metrocard

Legend
Rasheed Wallace has been hitting the pads pretty hard! What a surreal image this is. I mean the guy is one of those tough dudes that would probably take a swing at ya if you messed with him in the club but actually seeing him throw punches to get ready for basketball is hilarious and awesome.

rasheed--300x300.jpg

sheed-boxing.jpg

Great to see Rasheed using boxing as a form of fitness. Boxing and Basketball kinda correlate, a lot of shuffling and lateral movement.

Sheed gotta work on his stand tho, his spine is leaded in too forward, he'll be better off with a vertical straight spine but a low base and bent knees. He has enough reach to dominate anyone in the reach :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
Guess there's a difference in looking in shape and being in NBA bball shape. I don't see how you take a guy that hasn't played in 2 years and isn't in bball shape, bring him into a 1 month training camp where he doesn't even see the floor for the entire training camp and expect to make a decision with the guy.

Guess what I originally said about 39 year old guys out of the league for 2 years holds true, it's a long shot.

It looks more like ....
Rasheed Wallace will be replacing Hakeem Olyjuwon as our bigman (training & bench) coach as a $1.3M player.

Wargames

Starter
is it weird part of me believe rasheed is here for the post season as the knicks Gasol/Bosh insurance?

Cause deep down thats what I feel all this weird training is for. So he can come in as a defensive X factor in the playoffs and bust somebodies head open...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
is it weird part of me believe rasheed is here for the post season as the knicks Gasol/Bosh insurance?

Cause deep down thats what I feel all this weird training is for. So he can come in as a defensive X factor in the playoffs and bust somebodies head open...

Exactly what I'm thinking. This roster in general is made for the post season but Sheed will def have his biggest presence felt there.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Do you guys think he will be ready for Nov 1? The one thing I did not like is that he did not watch all of our preseason games. for someone trying to get familiar with a new team every minute of practice , games , and meetings should be take seriously. Even for a veteran.

He should have took his time and gotten in shape then tried to sign on with the team mid season if we needed him. Hope from the best always loved his game.

http://knicksnow.com/videos/1842/tues-practice-wallace

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Do you guys think he will be ready for Nov 1? The one thing I did not like is that he did not watch all of our preseason games. for someone trying to get familiar with a new team every minute of practice , games , and meetings should be take seriously. Even for a veteran.

He should have took his time and gotten in shape then tried to sign on with the team mid season if we needed him. Hope from the best always loved his game.

http://knicksnow.com/videos/1842/tues-practice-wallace
No way he's ready. I was reading Sheed went through the conditioning drills with the team and got tired during the shooting drills.

He's in no shape to start the season so if Woody decides to keep him on the roster it won't be because he won his spot on the team but rather it will be because of his history with Woody and winning that chip with the Pistons.

We only can suit up 13 guys anyway so the two inactive players are going to be Shump and Sheed. It would be a shame if they made Copeland inactive with what he's shown in the preseason.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I said it when we signed him...we should just let him train and practice until December...we have the depth to manage til then

We need him for the playoffs...I know everyone thinks its critical to get off to a good start but I care way more about how we finish.

Today's Burning Question: With Rasheed Wallace set to take a big step forward on Friday, participating in a scrimmage for the first time, what can we expect from him next week when the regular season tips off, and beyond?

After four weeks of mostly conditioning work, Rasheed Wallace is ready for 5-on-5 action.

So with a guaranteed roster spot likely for Sheed, here are five things he'll provide the Knicks during the season:

1. Spreading the floor with his shooting. Throughout his career, Wallace has proven to be one of the best pick-and-pop and 3-point marksmen in the league. His 6-foot-11 frame, infinite range, and high, quick release make his shot extremely tough to defend against. With the Knicks having three seasoned point guards and Carmelo Anthony being an amazing attacker, Wallace should get plenty of good looks. If he, Steve Novak and J.R. Smith are ever on the court together, watch out. That would rival a Heat shooting lineup of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and Shane Battier.

2. Posting up. The Knicks also could set Wallace up on the low block, his second sweet spot in halfcourt sets. He has an almost unstoppable turnaround jumper, again helped by his height and high release point. While he's obviously lost some explosiveness at the age of 38, his strength, shooting ability and overall experience still give him an edge.

3. Defending. Wallace takes great pride in his defense, and he backs that up with his trash-talking. He's a very confident player and will say whatever is on his mind -- which will make some of the young bucks in the league, no matter how talented they are, a little uneasy going up against him. Speaking of trash-talking, the biggest thing the Knicks will have to be concerned about with Wallace on the court -- besides an injury, of course -- is him getting called for technical fouls. That will always be part of his legacy.

4. Toughening up the team when needed. While Tyson Chandler is clearly the defensive anchor, Wallace will be a very effective frontcourt sidekick. He'll be yelling things out to his perimeter players, and then gathering the guys together during dead balls and timeouts to share spirit and wisdom. Wallace is the kind of the person that if there's a pep rally going on, you want him to lead it.

5. Providing a locker room presence. Not only will his teammates enjoy having him around, the media will usually gravitate to him first to get a money quote. There isn't a more honest, hilarious and outspoken person on the team than Wallace, and he'll always keep it real, providing an update of what's going on with the team. That measuring stick will keep things in perspective and everyone in check.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
‏@JaredZwerling
Rasheed has been doing everything in practice. #Knicks haven't ran a fullcourt scrimmage yet, but he's been involved w/ real halfcourt

@JaredZwerling
Sheed misses a corner 3 & he yells out a roar. Simply the personality/intrigue of this guy will have some NBA fans tuning into the #Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Rasheed Wallace on his role w/NYK: "I accept my Brian Scalabrine role. I'm cool with it."

Hahaha.

Sheed. The guy's a living monolith of good times. He looked nervous going in though once he heard the crowd blow up as he walked to check in.

That 3 made my day.

I've already gone through and watched the entire game again.