View Poll Results: Without having seen them, who do you think fills the PG role better?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kidd

11 47.83%
  • Felton

12 52.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SVG Speaks on Knicks - Doubts Felton and Kidd.

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    This is actually a nice read.

Now regarding what he said, is he lying? I mean he's making a lot of valid points here about the Knicks and Amare. They have a full training camp together so we can see how it goes. As much as I hate Boston they're looking like the 2nd best in the east as of now. Also depending on DRoses injury. Their core is pretty much still there and they've added some nice YOUNG pieces through FA and the draft.

About the Lakers....
    I'm not gonna sit here and lie to myself and say they didn't get better bc they did but how much of a upgrade is Dwight over Bynum? More athleticism? Yea. For anyone to say "the lakers will crush the heat" or "I'm picking the lakers to win the championship" is so far fetch and is kinda funny but not surprising coming from knick fans. The lakers bench is still subpar and their defense outside of Dwight now is no good. Just like every team that has super star players, they'll need to gel and get used to each other. It took Miami a year and a half to do so. Dwight won't even be ready by season start.

The lakers have gotten better but so did Miami and other teams too. SVG isn't really liked in south beach for certain reasons but he makes sense at times
    The Lakers got so much better because of Nash whether it was Howard or Bynum at center.

I agree RunningJump, hes gonna feed those big guys and make their job alot easier. Hes averaged all those assists these past few years with average teammates, just imagine the picks dwight and pau will set for him and how dangerous he'll be coming off those picks whether hes takin an open jumpshot or dishin

Sorry if I sound butt hurt but that's not the case in any shape or form. I mean its not the first time some others picked an X team over Miami. Nothing personal. It's an opinion and every has different POVs. So again, my bad if i came off like sensitive. And it's not surprising the fans of other teams will go against the Heat. Am I lying?

Back to Lakers, Pau isn't a good defender. Kobe and Meta aren't wht they were a few years back but can be given their respect for their defensive capabilities. I'm just saying that a OKC still looks like the most superior in the west but the lakers and a plethora of other teams are in the mix as well.

Back to the article, the only things I'm confused about wht SVG said was that the Knicks and Nets are lower tier playoff teams. I don't know if he means 7th and 8th seed teams or Something like that. I don't see either team that low this year honestly speaking.

Veteran

Default Kiyaman west coast BIGS - 4th spot CP3-Clippers

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    You didnt do a good job of proving this point. Pau Gasol is a good defender, so is World Peace and Kobe. Nash is the only weak link, defensively as SVG said. So whats so far fetched about pickin the Lakers? To me the Lakers, the Heat...really doesnt make a difference. The thunder will be there again too. To me you just sound like a sensitive Heat fan thats butt hurt over some Knicks fans pickin Lakers over Heat. Its nothing personal with me, Dwights exactly the type of player you need to slow down Wade and Lebron. His defense at the rim is on a level by itself. I think the Thunder are a worse matchup for the Lakers then the Heat. Perkins has slowed down Dwight several times when he played for the celtics and Ibaka has given Pau problems. Westbrook will leave scorch marks on Steve Ash.

When it comes to the Lakers vs Thunder in a series .. Thunder in 7
    When it comes to the Lakers vs Heat in a series .. Heat in 6

The Heat and Thunder have so much speed invested in their game-plan the past two seasons .. both teams can afford to invest in veteran halfcourt closers (Ray Allen) to add to their rotation. Plus Westbrook backup "speedy" Maynor is back this season.

We all should know the Lakers are not finish building their postseason team .. I see the Lakers trading weakassset Pau before the February trade dead-line.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    When it comes to the Lakers vs Thunder in a series .. Thunder in 7
    When it comes to the Lakers vs Heat in a series .. Heat in 6

The Heat and Thunder have so much speed invested in their game-plan the past two seasons .. both teams can afford to invest in veteran halfcourt closers (Ray Allen) to add to their rotation. Plus Westbrook backup "speedy" Maynor is back this season.

We all should know the Lakers are not finish building their postseason team .. I see the Lakers trading weakassset Pau before the February trade dead-line.
    Pretty much summed it up. Me and others actually spoke about the lakers trading Pau so he can his bro can team up and Memphis or shipping him to ATL for J smith. His contract is like a bleeding leg tho right now. It's a lot for a team to take on. But I can see him being shipped for some younger talent

I voted for Kidd as the starting PG. He still has something left in the tank to lead this Knicks team.

My biggest concern going into the season continues to be STAT. Will he continue to regress or will he regain his superstar form? Can he play with Melo? We need the old STAT back to be a contender.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    I have faith in Felton this upcoming season but me personally i feel Kidd is the better fit in the starting lineup... it just makes more sense

J-Kidd
    -better spot up shooter than felton
    -controls the pace of games
    -will definitely feed carmelo & Amare in the right spots
    -Already has great chemistry with Chandler
    -he'll easily get Brewer involved and toss him a couple lobs and cutting dishes.

why not just give kidd the start, and give Felton extended mins off the bench, then let J.kidd be the one on the court to close games out.

Felton could be that extra spark we need off the bench + i feel our second unit can run in a more faster pace uptempo game speed that will fit into Feltons style more.
    I agree. But I say just this year. Kidd isn't getting any younger to put it lightly and this could be the last year he can put out starter quality play. So why not see what kidd still has, and bench him in the last years of his contract.